[Tool] GD save file editor

Yeah, this is correct. The actual final stats of the item is affected by the “seed” field of the item. Each field is probably run through some equation that determines the exact range the value can be in. Some RNG algo will determine the exact order of the random numbers. The exact order the game uses to apply this randomness to the fields will also be a factor.

Short of someone actually reverse engineering the algo used and reimplementing it in their tool, nobody is likely to be able to show the exact stats shown in game. x_x

Well… each skill you take in the game will introduce a new entry into that skills array. In fact, each devotion you take will appear in there as well. So, what’s in slot 17 will different from character to character. So, if you come up with a batch file to operate on a specific slot in the skills array, it will only work for that character. =(

On the plus side, you can always use the “find” command to find the skill (or whatever else the editor is aware of by name).

For example:

> find "falcon swoop"

Falcon Swoop: skills/15

If I want to have chance to pass through enemy ability on every/any ranged weapon in any mod, can this app help me?

Hi there,

What do you mean when you say “pass through”? Do you mean you want to look through or search for something in particular?

Some (rare, high level) ranged weapons have “projectile pass through” ability, so my question if I can make ALL ranged weapons have this ability with this app?

I assume this is what is being asked about - Hidden stat on ranged weapons

No program has the ability to change that type of stat afaik (GDStash can help with prefix and suffixes)

Some Hunting, Ranger, Amazon skills have chance to pass through enemies. How the authors of this mods get this result? I am desperate…

Apparently not desperate enough to do more than ask for help.

Skills and items have an attribute for that. So if you want to address this, you need to create your own mod. This is not something a savefile editor can do anything about.

I already asked Evil to add this feature to Stalker, for example (as a passive skill or active, or buff, or somehow else), but he is too busy now.
2everybody: my apologies, if I chose the wrong thread.

I was thinking along the lines of making the change yourself, not asking someone else for help with it :wink:

In any case, the main point is: you need a mod for that, as this data is not stored in the save file

Your other option is to use an existing piece of gear for whatever build you are trying to use that property for. There are a number of epic and legendaries that have the hidden property. You can use this tool to generate one of those easily enough

set inv/0/items “The Desolator” for example.

Search in GT item DB for equipment with the word “Hidden”, select one (or more) items then use the command above to generate the item(s).

Hi Odie,

Would it be possible to have the editor also read/write to transfer.gst. This is the shared stash file that every character has access to (but is not part of player.gdc). My reasons are entirely selfish. The shared stash has more space (a mod I’m using at the moment - GrimUI-X mod has even more stash space to write to) so I can craft more items in one hit. I can already do this in GDStash but it’s a craft and time challenge. The batch file capability in gd-edit would be perfect instead. You would probably need add another file location input parameter (like gamedir) so it can pick up transfer.gst files wherever they reside (I assume I could then use the show, set and other commands on the file). The other feature that would be nice is an item copy function to move items between files …

If this is already possible (I can see the smuggler stash and player individual sacks but these are all in the player.gdc afaik) let me know how.

If you can’t include read/edit of transfer.gst in gd-edit, how about another command line utility (call it gd-cstedit) that can read/write the transfer.gst file.

Not sure why you want to fill the stash with items via a batch, what are you trying to do here ? Craft 100 identical items and then look for the best seed ?

Craft 100 rogue dungeon keys in one go ?

Yes to the first question. With GrimUI mod there are about 380 squares. I can generate in GDS but searching, then populating (would be great is you could drag an item and populate all the squares in one go) is very time consuming (but still very cool ability). gd-edit shortcuts the search and populate. It’s just limited to the player stash space.

No to the second statement. The editor already has a command to generate a lot of the one thing, such as keys, augments and components.

I hear ya. I’ve got some stuff partially working. Will take a little longer to work out some minor issues. =)

Very cool !

A quick one - is command history supposed to work inside the editor ? If I use up and down arrows I don’t get any history so have to retype commands. If it is supposed to work then likely my keyboard is the issue and I’ll sort that out. If command history isn’t supposed to work inside the editor that will be a mystery solved (but it would be nice if it did) :grinning:

Ed: I tried another keyboard and still cannot get a command history within gd-edit using the arrow keys, so it is not a hardware issue

I find that adding 10 items is good enough that you generally only find marginally better ones after that point, so to me creating and then comparing 100 of them is not really worth the time

True enough on some pieces, others it takes more to get better stats (I’ve found it mostly with shoulders, helmet and gloves). It’s nice to have the capability rather than a limitation though (I’d love to be able to get the actual real time stats of gear in use in-game rather with a tool too, rather than generate the items and then have to fire up and go look in-game , but that doesn’t appear possible at this stage. Only the base generic stats are available it seems).

Yeah, think I broke command history when I put in the batch file stuff. Will get that fixed in the next release, soooooon. :slight_smile:

New! Version!

The editor will now automatically load the transfer stash if it can be located along with your save files. If the transfer stash is found, it will appear as a part of your character as “transfer-stashes”. The usual show/set commands will work fine on the transfer stash contents.

You can try things like:

show transfer-stashes
show tra/0/items
set tra/0/items "serenity"
write stash
ws

The last “ws” command is an alias for “write stash”. It’s there just for convenience. The editor will watch for changes to the stash file, so any changes made from the game should be (nearly) immediately reflected in the editor.

gd-edit will maintain up to 3 backups of the transfer stash. If you ever want to restore from one of these backup files, please use the file modification date to figure out their exact chronological order.

Remember to also have some manual backups handy, though! This is a few feature and it may break in unexpected ways!