[Tool] GD save file editor

Hi guys any idea how to make it work, i got this

I had some error when having the program in game’s directory. Not sure if that’s your case.

I change the folders and still got the same problems

Hmmm!

This error means the editor thinks something might be wrong with the character file and is refusing to load it.

Is this happening with all your characters?

When I attempt to run the installer it immdediately closes and nothing happens. My firewall doesn’t seem to be an issue here. Any suggestions?

This is not an installer but a program that you run from a command line.
It prints some message that you would have seen if you did that.

Hi there!

As tqFan mentioned, one way to figure things out would be to try running the program from the command line.

That said, it’s very likely you just need to have the 64 bit version of Java 8 installed.

=)

Is there a way, how to add an item into inventory in more, than one manifestation?

I mean - how to make working command: “give me 500 chthonic seals of binding into my inventory”?

Hi there!

You might want to try out the command described here:

Hello, I seem to know the reason for the blank character because we have hidden carriage returns and spaces (\r\n) when outputting, so there will be spaces when reading. Therefore, we just need to wait quietly for the author to add a function to filter for spaces and carriage returns

1 Like

Oh my. Was this not resolved?

Hi @Odie, what is the command to write the quests.gdd file after setting field(s)? Thank you in advance!

Hi there!

Can you tell me what you’re trying to do?

The code to write out quest.gdd is there and had been briefly tested. I don’t think it’s actually hooked up to any editor commands.

Do you want to try it out? It’s been a long time since I looked at it. But, from what I recall, it is more likely for you to break something than to fix your character.

Thank you for the reply (!). I wanted to delete the token “DC_HERMIT_DEAD”; since it’s just a flag and not related to a quest, I’m guessing it would be safe to do.

I thought writing the quest file might be an undocumented command, but since it’s not, I don’t think it’s worth your revisiting that part of the code. I can study it myself in the source code if I get really interested. Thank you again!

Hi Odie!

Have any info on how to add ‘Leovinus’ Ring’ but the legendary variant. When I add the item is just gives me the normal one. Tried the swap-variant options but din’t work. Any ideea?

Tool is broken for me. Command prompt disappears after a few seconds. Installed java and restarted.

Hi there,

Did you install the 64 bit version of Java? Another thing you might try is to start the command line on its own, then start the editor there. You should be able to at least see what error messages are being shown before the program exits.

found it :smiley:

Hey, I’d like to report that the program generated the Blizzard devotion with a 60 level while 20 is the max.

:L