[Tool] GD Stash

most likely, you are using a 32bit JVM, not a 64bit one

there is a link in the documentation, never had a browser hide the 64bit VM, that part is news to me

Stumbled upon this after searching for GD’s version of TQVault, after trial & error with java I was finally able to do the configuration.

Anyways, no new items i place into my stash appear in my characters inventory or stash when i load up the game. i put them into stash transfer’s stash and the char transfer’s inventory after transferring them into DB…

I know i’ve probably done something wrong but after some fiddling i cant wait out what exactly, any help?

Thanks

Only two things come to mind

• you did save the stash after placing the items in it ?

• are you using cloud save ? That is finnicky, from my experience it frequently chooses the cloud file over the changed one, so either you keep trying (it does work sometimes) or disable cloud save in GD

ok mabma, you know my question…can you point me to the info so I can link people in twitch chat to the method of using GDStash to change the mod name inside of a transfer.gst/h file please?

and thanks.

• copy the transfer file to the mod’s stash dir
  • open the copy in GD Stash (the dir the stash is in is shown in the drop-down list)
  • select the mod for the stash (drop-down list between the selected stash and the displayed content)
  • save the change

I believe changing the mod of a stash will automatically move the stash into the proper dir (if no such stash exists yet), otherwise you get an error message (as it exists already), haven’t done this in a while however… the above method will always work, as you first overwrite the mod’s stash if it exists already :wink:

Thank you, I will quote this in the Grimarillion thread.

We don’t have to download jdk rite? jre will be enough

JRE is enough.

Hey Mamba - first of all thanks for the tool, its invaluable.

Secondly, it seems to be very unhappy about base game saves symlinked to the mod directory.

Well, it still works fine - but every time you save the stash or character you get spammed with object reference exception windows.

Secondly, it seems to be very unhappy about base game saves symlinked to the mod directory.

Well, it still works fine - but every time you save the stash or character you get spammed with object reference exception windows.

never did symlinks, so when you save the basegame file that is symlinked, there are object reference exceptions ?

Maybe because I do not actually write the file, I write a ‘temporary’ one and if that was successful, I rename the old one (thereby breaking the symlink) and then rename the temp one to the correct name, thereby maybe establishing the symlink again (at least now a file by that name exists again, even if it is a different one)

Can’t really think of anything else that could be causing it, might be worth investigating :wink:

EDIT: so I just created a symlink and changed both the original and the linked file and neither resulted in any exceptions…

What exactly are you linking ?

I restarted it and it went away?

I blame gremlins, they’re obviously after me lucky charrrms.

By the way - why is it that when you save a modded stash the crafting section’s search panel gets cleared, but not when saving to the base stash?

Its occasionally a little irritating :smiley:

no idea, it should not happen and does not happen for me. Are you sure you did not accidentally press the ‘clear’ button on the top left ?

Yup.

If I’m saving to a mod stash, and I’ve got the components listed, once I save the stash the list of items goes away.

I’m using the win32 binary, if that changes anything.

Oh, you are talking about the result list, not the search screen’s search criteria ? Will have to check that, they should not be cleared when you save / switch stashes, unlike on the Transfer screen where this does make sense (switch between SC and HC)

Yeah.

They don’t clear on the base game, but if you’re editing a mod stash - Cornucopia003’s anyway - it will clear on saving.

Version 1.03 released

Adds support for modded stashes

Modded stashes?

My understanding would be for characters that are running a mod. The items in a mod are not in the main game, so mamba had to modify his program to accommodate mods being run.

some mods have bigger stashes, the tool now shows that bigger size