[Tool] GD Stash

based on what do you think they are gone ?

When you put them from the tool’s storage back into the shared stash, did you copy or move them ?

On the ‘Mass Import’ page, when you press the ‘Export DB Stash’ button, how large is the resulting file ?

the back ups wher i change the t00 t01…etc to .gst

doesn’t work anymore

what do you mean by does not work ? What happens when you rename them ?

Please provide more details because right now I have no idea what you did and as a consequence what this actually means with respect to your items.

Right now I recommend saving all the .t## files, because you most likely can retrieve things

Are you using cloud save ?

hey sry i dont know what info to give ya but i’ll do my best.

what happened was i moved all items from tab 1 to the database. Then after I saved and then when that happens i leave game and come back and i am back to 1 shared stash tab all clear and i have to buy the 3 others again… so i lost them.

i didn’t do mass import.

i renamed the file and it worked but then i put those 00 in another folder and been copying them and putting them in the save folder ( for grim dawn) and changing it to .gst.

so yes i dont transfer i just copy and paste.

yes i am using cloud. Not sure what that is exaclty but the location is from cloud.

it has nothing to do with the location and everything to do with the cloud…

I have not found a way to reliably get the cloud to load ‘my’ stash over the one in the cloud. Granted, I never had it wipe it either… it simply did not load it reliably and instead used the old / cloud one

I tested this by exiting GD, changing the stash in my tool, looking at it with a hex editor (it was properly saved) and starting GD again, which then most of the time still showed the old stash and only sometimes the one I changed.

I never have this problem with local saves, even when I stay in the game with a char loaded, as long as that char is not having the transfer stash open.

To at least get your items back, I suggest disabling cloud save in GD. This should get your char transferred to the local save folder, if not, copy it manually, same for your stash

When you then use the stash in the local save location the .t## files renamed to .gst should work again, just like changing the stash with the tool

Once you have your items back, you can switch back to the cloud and play using it, but in that case I recommend not using the tool… personally, I’d stick with local saves though

wow thanks for help
edit** so i did wat you said took “main” folder from cloud copied and put into the local directory

which was user name > documents > steam > grim dawn(something like that)

imported saves from local now
i put all stuff from stash into mule char to just have in case someghing goes wrong

i tried deleting something from my storage that was “the extra tab which i dont need and dont care if i lose that stuff”
and putting in some componets —> saved stash

and to my surprise it was there when i checked stash in game I AM SO HAPPY
ty so much for your help!

i just wanna do it a few more times before i feel comfortable with it

1 question tho
is there a way to transfer all componets or multiple items at once from database. I can only do 1 at a time

i click “delete all from database” does that get rid of it automatically or just transfers back to stash?

so i know stash works how come none of my characters show for character editor? How can i get all the chars i have to show?

How can i update to this current version? Just copy the entire folder to its original installation folder? Or im doing it wrong. its still showing older vrsion

just overwrite everything in the installation dir with what is in the .zip

one item at a time, except for stackable items like components or potions, as you place the item in the stash

i click “delete all from database” does that get rid of it automatically or just transfers back to stash?

it deletes it from the tool’s storage, it does NOT place it in the stash

not sure, which version of the tool are you using ? the only thing I can think of is

• you specified a wrong save dir on the Config screen
  • you are using an older version which does not support the current char fromat, which changed with the latest hotfix

Any solution for this??

I’m getting the messages:

-Map failed
-Extraction of items.arc failed

And this seems to indicate the import function (run from the batch file) isn’t working. This is from Corn 003. Does this program not currently work with Cornicopia or am I just failing?

Trying to reclaim some precious legendary items recently eaten by a bug (my vault chars all glitched out, lost ~100 legendary items including my one and only Warpfire :furious: )

Getting the same bug even if I don’t select the mod.

NM, got it to work, fucking Java assholes hiding the 64 bit download and making me think I had it already.

PS, you really should put a link to http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp in the main post. With many browsers if you go to java.com the ONLY download option presented will be the 32 bit - the 64 is hidden behind mutliple levels of links and if you just do a goggle search it will again redirect you to the 32 bit when you try to click through.

most likely, you are using a 32bit JVM, not a 64bit one

there is a link in the documentation, never had a browser hide the 64bit VM, that part is news to me

Stumbled upon this after searching for GD’s version of TQVault, after trial & error with java I was finally able to do the configuration.

Anyways, no new items i place into my stash appear in my characters inventory or stash when i load up the game. i put them into stash transfer’s stash and the char transfer’s inventory after transferring them into DB…

I know i’ve probably done something wrong but after some fiddling i cant wait out what exactly, any help?

Thanks

Only two things come to mind

• you did save the stash after placing the items in it ?

• are you using cloud save ? That is finnicky, from my experience it frequently chooses the cloud file over the changed one, so either you keep trying (it does work sometimes) or disable cloud save in GD

ok mabma, you know my question…can you point me to the info so I can link people in twitch chat to the method of using GDStash to change the mod name inside of a transfer.gst/h file please?

and thanks.

• copy the transfer file to the mod’s stash dir
  • open the copy in GD Stash (the dir the stash is in is shown in the drop-down list)
  • select the mod for the stash (drop-down list between the selected stash and the displayed content)
  • save the change

I believe changing the mod of a stash will automatically move the stash into the proper dir (if no such stash exists yet), otherwise you get an error message (as it exists already), haven’t done this in a while however… the above method will always work, as you first overwrite the mod’s stash if it exists already :wink:

Thank you, I will quote this in the Grimarillion thread.

We don’t have to download jdk rite? jre will be enough