[Tool] GD Stash

I can’t configure this. It just keeps telling me the directory is wrong. I can’t get it to recognize the save folder. When I select the save folder it just wants to open it and won’t let me actually select it instead.

Am I the only one who can’t download the file?
Edit: After turning on Zenmate and switching to another country, everything seems fine

I check that it is the right dir by verifying that it contains a transfer.gst or transfer.gsh file. Any dir that contains either is accepted.

As to not being able to select the save dir, I have no idea how you do that. This is a standard selection window and you can select any dir in it. Once you have navigated to the save dir, press the Open button. Same way you selected the GD installation dir.

Are you using cloud saves ?

Congrats mamba! Have been waiting for this!

Hi mamba, nice work. :slight_smile:

Here’s a feature suggestion: Please implement sort controls for collection search results. As of now, the results appear to be grouped by item type and ordered alphabetically by item name.

For larger collections it would be great if overall sorting by column headers (item name, level) of the result table were optionally available. Cheers.

It won’t let me “Import database”, returning a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when trying to extract Items.arc and text_en.arc.
Increasing memory allocation in gdstash.bat won’t even let me run it via .bat anymore either.

Unrelated: The java.exe default directory was different for me on Windows 7, I had to manually change it to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\java.exe"

I’m trying to use mass import but when I click “load transfer files” nothing happens. I click, wait a while, nothing happens. I have the import directory set to “save” where my .gst stashes and save files are.

I’m following the instructions in the doc file since I’m not too good with these things. It’s a fair bit more difficult to figure out than TQVault but good work regardless. Really excited to play with this from now on.

Are you running Windows 7 x64? In my case installation of a 64-bit Java runtime did the trick.

In the docs I say that you have to create such a .bat file, the one included really is intended more as an example. I have no idea what JVM you have and where it is installed, so it is expected that you have to edit that part.

With the increased heap space, did it then work ? Someone told me he still had issues, bht after switching to the 64 bit VM those were solved. You could also increase the heap space further.

Not sure why some people have that issue to begin with, I never had to increase the heap size on my machine. Seems pretty random too as it is the same code and most testers used the same JVM, yet only 2 had the heap issue, all others could use the standard size.

Place (copy!) your transfer files in a seperate directory. Set the import directory in GDStash accordingly. Worked here.

just did that, worked for me

Might have to change the logic a bit as I read every .gst file, regardless of its name (so also formula.gst, which has a different format), but it still should work

Worst case, as someone said, copy the transfer files to a different dir and point the Mass Import at that, not sure what would interfere though

I’m following the instructions in the doc file since I’m not too good with these things. It’s a fair bit more difficult to figure out than TQVault but good work regardless. Really excited to play with this from now on.

I guess the difference is that I do not give you 100 or however many large stash pages to drop items in but tried a different approach that allows for searching.

It really is not difficult, just different, so I assume you get used to it pretty soon

Uninstalling and reinstalling 8u66 win x64 resolved the database extraction issue.
I’ll see if I run into any other issues

No cloud saves I am talking about the save folder in my documents/my games/grim dawn/save

When I navigate to the save folder and hit open it doesn’t select the folder it literally opens the folder up and simply does not let me do anything. I can cancel or I can continue to click folders and select open which are obviously incorrect at this point. It allows me to select main then click open then select a character folder and select open until it finally accepts one and then says incorrect directory.

Made a separate directory and now mass import works fine. Thanks!

I can open it either by being in my games/grim dawn with save highlighted or by being in save with no dir highlighted. In either case in the first text field under the dir tree you should see my games/grim dawn/save as the selected dir. When it is, press ‘Open’.

I assume that is what you did, but I don’t really know what else to tell you. The dir chooser is a standard Java class, it works, no one else had that issue.
Are you on some ‘unexpected’ JVM ? You are on Windows and use the latest Sun/Oracle JVM ?

The first thing I did was check java I am using the latest version. I am on win7 x64. I feel like I should record a short clip of what is happening or something.

EDIT: Here is a quick video of the problem. First I select the grim dawn install directory no problem and then I try to select the save directory and you can see the issue.

https://mega.nz/#!n8lAiCRZ!zrM51uhCIn3eafo-E9vsmqv1Ndd49pkMLQkWSn2HRkI

would be interesting to see at least… right now I cannot replicate it, and there really should not be an issue to begin with

Try setting a different look&feel, it should not make a difference, but then you also should not have that issue to begin with…

If you put the transfer files in a different dir (copy them) and point GD Stash at that dir, does that work ?
To me this seems to be more about the dir (no idea what would be the issue though) than the code. The same control worked when you selected the GD install dir, I assume, so it should not be the problem.
Could this be an access authorization issue ?

I don’t know about an authorization issue but I also find it strange that I can open one directory fine and then when I choose this one it just doesn’t work correctly. My last post has a link to a video in mp4 format that shows this happening in case you missed it.

If I can simply change the directory I will because there is no problem with me just using a separate directory to create a stash and then copy/paste the tranfer.gst over to my save directory like I do with everything else anyhow.

EDIT: Changed directory now it works except I can’t get the program to do anything except throw errors about everything I touch. It can’t import the database either. I assume and I probably shouldn’t but will that the issue is the same one that someone else had when extracting the database. I can try reinstalling java but I have a feeling it won’t resolve this.

EDIT2: After reinstalling java nothing has changed. I get the following errors. Java heap space, Extraction of items.arc failed, Extraction of text_en.arc failed.

Hi mamba,

Won’t work with b30!? :cry:

Yes, some people need more heap space, not sure why. It is the same code and the same data after all.

You can set the available heap space when starting the JVM, but not in the program (or I would have). Look at the .bat file in the GD Stash dir, adjust the Java path and run the .bat instead of the .jar, that should fix this.