[Tool] GD Stash

For the Stash or any of the other tools/mods it’s best to post directly in the tool thread so the creator will definitely see it. Even at 6,000+. :wink:

in that case the issue has nothing to do with you renaming the char…

Do you have cloud save enabled in both Steam and the GD settings ? That you have not set it in GD is about the only thing I can think of - but then renaming the char in my docs\games\Grim Dawn\save should work

Are you using Grim Internals ? If so, start GD without it and check if that makes a difference

I don’t know what grim internals is so no worries there. But yeah, copies just don’t show up regardless.

Weird, they should imo, ie the cloud should detect a new char and add it.

What happens when you create a char in GD/ the cloud and then copy it over with the data of the renamed char (both chars should have the same name here) ?

I’ve tried downloading the addon but for some reason the .exe just doesn’t load at all. My cursor has the “loading” icon next to it but the executable does not want to load. I’ve downloaded the latest java and installed, and i’ve tried re-installing/re-downloading at least 5 times. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Not really, as I never encountered that. If you downloaded the executable version, you do not need to have Java installed, but it should not cause issues either.

Download the Java version, open a command prompt and run the tool from there (via .bat or .exe) to see if any messages show up.

I tried installing the executable version as well, but it wont open from there either. How do i run the tool from the command propt tho? (since im a total noob using prompts)

You navigate to the dir you installed it in and enter gdstash.bat or gdstash.exe and then press return.

To get to the dir, use D: or whatever drive you used to switch drives and cd dir1\dir2 etc to change the directory (hence CD - Change Directory)

Nothing actually happened, just a lousy derby.log file was created. It still won’t open neither the zipped exe nor the installed one.

Check what the log says. Something must hold up the process there (Derby is the database, so it probably fails at creation / access)

Sat Aug 31 01:08:09 EEST 2019:
Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby - 10.14.2.0 - (1828579): instance a816c00e-016c-e492-500e-0000001299b8
on database directory C:\Users\user\GDStash\db with class loader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@198e0098
Loaded from file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/GD%20Stash/lib/derby.jar
java.vendor=Sun-Oracle Java licensee: Excelsior LLC
java.runtime.version=1.8.0_181-_2018_10_18_12_58-b00
user.dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\GD Stash
os.name=Windows 10
os.arch=x86
os.version=10.0
derby.system.home=null
Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=’’
Sat Aug 31 01:08:09 EEST 2019 Thread[main,5,main] (XID = 1616), (SESSIONID = 1), (DATABASE = C:\Users\user\GDStash\db), (DRDAID = null), Cleanup action starting
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.remove(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.ContextManager.popContext(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.ContextImpl.(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.destroy(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.doRollback(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.close(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.close(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.GDDBData.createConfigTables(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDStashFrame.(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDStashFrame.main(Unknown Source)
Cleanup action completed

This is what the log says. If you can make any sense of it, that would be cool ( i tried to make an exception in my antivirus for the whole file but didnt work either)

this is where it fails, no idea about the rest, but ultimately that does not matter anyway

Do you have any items stored ? If so, move the whole db dir somewhere else and we sort the recovery of your items out later. If not, then simply delete the db dir in C:\Users\user\GDStash\db

After that, start GD Stash again, it should now show up

That actually worked, but only for once, second time i tried opening it it wouldnt open again, so i had to re-delete the whole db directory once again. Any way around that?

that should not happen at all… if this happens every time there is something wrong with your PC.
I heard of exactly two people having this issue once since GDS started. Both had corrupted files in their DB (and fortunately it was not the table containing the stored items, so they could be recovered). Deleting the db fixed it for both and the issue did not reappear.

If this happens to you each time this to me either looks like some kind of authorization issue, or a defective HD (at least the sectors it is using to write the DB on), but I could be wrong, just have no other idea

I guess i should be re-installing the GDS everytime i open the pc and never close it then, i cant think of something else…

It is not happening to thousands of other users, and they use the same program, so it must be PC specific. No idea what messes with the db setup on yours either though, unfortunately

I’d actually tried that, it was weird. Even though I copied everything over (quests, map file) it worked, but treated them as a new character with no quest progress whatsoever.

Hail Mamba!

I could have missed it, but is there a new version that includes the post FG items?

that is cloud save messing up, it sometimes gets ‘surprised’ when data is changed outside of GD, whether by GD Stash or by you copying files around. Sometime it works, sometimes it resets stuff, did not find any logic to that. On the upside, that also means if you try again, it might work…

you do not need a new version for that, you need to go to the Config page and import the GD data again