[Tool] GD Stash

each mod is a separate database, different item definitions with different stats, and a different set of collected items

i searched somefing for rpg-rebuilding for release game.
and gd stash have links only to last version everywhere, and no previous versions,
but…
he is work and respec my character perfectly in 1.0.0.x version - this is pretty surprise :+1:
need check item transfer to stash - may be it will work or not?..

The tool supports any save file format, so everything should work regardless of which GD version you use.

I hope this is the right place to ask this.
When i try to install GDStash i cant find a save map the only one i see is in the steam map but there’s nothing in it and its not good.
I don’ t know what i can do , someone can help please ? i’m such a noob with this kind of things.
Thanks in advance from Phenomena

I am not sure what you mean by a ‘save map’ or ‘steam map’. Do you mean a directory / folder ?

As the tool’s documentation says, your save files are either in

C:\Users<username>\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata<folder of numbers>\219990\remote\save

depending on whether you use local saves or Steam cloud saves

Hi all,

does current version compatible with older ones (haven’t played GD for about 1.5 years)? - i was using 1.24. Or do i have to create new database which won’t have my previosly stashed items?

Thx

You will need to import the GD data again, as the DB tables have changed (and so has the GD data). Your collected items will be preserved however.

If you want to make sure, export them to a file in GD Stash, that way you still have them if anything were to go wrong and can import them after the upgrade.

Hello. I am recovering my HDD drive. I know that database file is somewhere there, but I don’t know it’s name. What is the name of database file or where it’s located? Thank you.

In the directory where GDStash is installed, open up the derby.log file in notepad or other text editor.

Look for the line “on database directory” and it should provide the path to the database.

Edit: Usually C:\Users<username>\GDStash. Grab that folder.

It is not a file but a directory, usually C:\users\[username]\GDStash\db or db_[modname] for mods

gdstash v1.5.2 doesn’t recognize Targo’s Shoulderguard and doesn’t exist Targo’s Craft set.

The tool does not come with items, you need to import them from your GD installation. Import the GD data on the Config page and check if that fixes it.

Thank you. I found it.
Can you help with another question, please? Suppose that I won’t recover my system and have to reinstall it again; or maybe get a new HDD. In what order I must recover GD Stash data?

1. Install GD stash, click “import db” and then overwrite it with old db?
  2. First place old db and only then click “import db”?
    Or it doesn’t really matter in what order?

First place the old DB, then import.

1 Like

how i can work with devotions in char editor tab - can i rebuild stars set with this?
i see reclaimed points and devotions points fields and they both is zero

No, you can only change the level of the devotion skills.

You can change devotions in game, so there is no need to do so in the tool. You can craft the potion to reset the devotions however.

yea. ofc. [i just prefer tools, as more comfort usage]

but now i notice some fun thing about stash: why he show items at nerfed state? :star_struck: trollodb :crazy_face: (items itself stay same)

Every available tool shows the base value of the item as they have not replicated the RNG to show you the actual item stats.

Whether this results in a nerf or buff depends on the seed of the item, which is then used by the RNG to determine the actual values.

okay.unfortunately, so need to move items back to the character in order to select the final version in-game after searching in db

Yes, if you want to find the best among several.