[Tool] GD Stash

Hello.

Did anyone else have problems loading their Item Assistant file (.ias)? Searching in the thread suggested not. When I try to load it, I get a long list of errors:

Somehow, a handful of items make still it through without errors.

I made sure to update Java first, import GD’s database, as well as update item stats and load the database in GDIA.

Are you on the latest version of GDS and GDIA? The file format changed a while back, so depending on which versions you use, there maybe might be some issues between them.

Or maybe the GDIA format changed again since then without slipperypete telling me about that, in which case I would have to update GDS to his latest format.

Just to make sure, I reinstalled GDIA and downloaded GDS again, but unfortunately I got the same result. I guess the incompatibility isn’t on my end? Thanks for the reply in any case.

You can always post the file and I can look into what the issue is, will be a while before I get around to that however (vacation…)

Hi Mamba and thank you for this tool :slight_smile:

I’d like to reinstall the game elsewhere on my computer (on a ssd), do I have to do something particular to be sure the stash will be saved ?
I’m scared ^^’

Nothing to be scared of. Just point GDStash to the new installation location.

Anytime GD updates just scroll down to the bottom of the configuration screen…

and reimport the database. That’s it.

1 Like

Wow Thank you very much ! :slight_smile:

That sounds fine, thank you.
jan3.zip (401.1 KB)

Would be nice if someone can confirm if loading their .ias file still works.

No changes on my end.

Hi Mamba I really appreciate your tool and using it making my every build but I have big problem and can’t start it.

Literally program don’t start no matter how many times I click it or wait. So I tried following things:

• delete and extract back the GD files from the archive.

• Uninstall Java, run CC cleaner, install Java and restart Windows, doesn’t help.

Also when I start GD stash file I get popup that I can’t extract some files due they are used. And my process explorer does show Java running but can’t be killed/restart.

Since I reinstall Java is awkward to have the problem, what can I do?

EDIT: The solution.

I did ask around, thanks for the help to @omnitrio @x1x1x1x2 @afanasenkov26

So I unistall Java again, deleted on my behalf system and temporary files related to Java. Install versions again, starting with the old ones.

Then delete and clean extract GD stash. Delete GD stash folder at C/users.

WARNING: If you use GD stash for storing items and crafting purposes you’ll lose your saved gear.

No idea, never encountered that. Usually I’d say reinstall Java but it sounds like you did that already…

Try deleting the gdstash.ini in c:\users\username\GDStash and check if that makes a difference

1 Like

Thanks for the idea, just tried that but no difference.

I haven’t pay attention to Java process but it starts in Process explorer when I click it and then fade away, perhaps it’s some system error preventing Java from running any apps. :thinking:

Which Java version is needed to run GD stash anyway? Maybe I can try installing different one.

Any Java 8 or 10 should do

1 Like

mamba, is there any way to move an item or items from your collection into the transfer or personal stash for a character to use? I know I can craft stuff, but for one toon he’s going self found or what I already have in the tansfer stash/collection and I can’t see any way to move items over for him.

You can only place items in the transfer stash. Didn’t think placing them in the chars inventory would be necessary as the char can access the stash (and in local saves you can give him items that way while playing the char, you could not do that with the char’s inventory)

How do you place items in the transfer stash then from your collection? I couldn’t see any way to do it from the collection page.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for:

Click on the item that you want to transfer on the left side panel, then the middle panel will show the stats of the item. Move your cursor over to the right panel where your shared stash is, the cursor will show the space taken up by the item selected. You just need to left click once to make the item show up in your shared stash.

Edit: Forgot to mention that you need to click on “Save Stash” as the last step.

No, I’m talking about moving something from this.

I know how to craft stuff in the stash.

I misunderstood you then, I thought you were talking about your collected items, not the collection page.

You do it from the stash transfer page, not the collection page. The collection page is just an overview of which items you have/miss, it does not list the single items you have (you could have 5 items of the same type and still only have one entry), like the transfer page does.

Oh! I see. Didn’t realise you could treat the transfer stash the same way you do the crafting.