[Tool] GD Stash

you showed them both in the pics, they provide the answer :wink:

.bst is the backup for vanilla GD (no expansions), .cst for AoM

so I rename the transfer.t00 to transfer.cst it will restore my transfer stash for vanilla?

Why on earth would you want a backup for vanilla when you already have oneā€¦

Copy it and rename the copy to .gst, just like I said.

I have a small problem - GD Stash launches but isnā€™t visible. I updated to Forgotten Gods and realised my version of GD Stash was way out of date so I updated it. It told me my java was out of date, so I updated to Java 8u251 and removed the old version at the same time. Now if I launch GD Stash it appears in task manager but I never see the actual app appear. There is no warning or error message either. Running Win10 64 bit too.

Any suggestions?

Try deleting the GD Stash.ini in C:\users\username\GDStash

Just tried removing the INI file but it didnā€™t help unfortunately. Same problem, GDStash.exe (32 bit) appears in the task manager but the app itself never appears.

Interestingly, GDStash.ini is a 0 byte file. ie: itā€™s empty.

TBH. It sounds like the directory where the Java executable is located is not on your systemā€™ s Path environment variable.

are you using the executable version or the Java version ?

Try renaming C:\users\username\GDStash\db, e.g. to _db do not delete it
If GD Stash then starts up, your DB is corrupted in some way

My multiplayer game has been completely broken since the newest patch. I keep getting a wrong database version error for multiplayer. What do I need to do to fix this? I have completely uninstalled an reinstalled both GD and GD stash but still have the problem.

I do not understand your problem. There are no different databases for SP or MP. What message are you getting when ?

I thought I was using the executable version, the download I got is GDStash_v152c-setup.zip and it contains GDStash_v152c-setup.exe. Itā€™s possible the previous version I had was the java version (though Iā€™m not sure now).

I renamed the db folder to _db and started GDStash and still the same problem. It created a new db folder with a bunch of files and subdirectories under it and I can see it in task manager. But GDStash itself remains non-visible.

If it makes any difference I have multiple drives and I install GDStash onto D: and Grim Dawn is on W:

As for the java question, I have Java in my path. However, Iā€™m not sure whether itā€™s the right location. It appears as C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath which exists, but I believe the main java install folder is c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin

That said, I tried adding that to my path and it makes no difference.

OK, Iā€™ve got it working again. I did a complete uninstall and then went in and removed both the install folder and the settings folder. Restarted windows and did a reinstall. It now loads and runs. Now all I need to do is remember how to use it.

Thanks for trying to help.

edit: And now I canā€™t for the life of me get Char Transfer to work. Iā€™ve imported the DB and if i use the collection tab or crafting tab I can search and see items as expected. However, on the Char Transfer tab search never returns anything. Iā€™ve even tried setting it as broadly as possible (listing every weapon type and every item rarity). Iā€™ve tried both AND/OR search modifiers and neither has an effect. Every time the search appears to be instantaneous and returns nothing.

Am I misunderstanding this? Iā€™d expect if I pick ā€œSword (2H)ā€ from weapon type and donā€™t touch anything else it should list every two handed sword in the DB regardless of level, affixes, etc. Is that not the case?

(Sorry to be annoying about this, I was really trying to recreate my character. I installed Gog galaxy and it destroyed all my save files. So Iā€™ve had to start a character from scratch and I was trying to use GD Stash to get it back to roughly where I was before I lost all my saves)

Transfer (Stash and Char) are used to store and retrieve items that dropped in game.

You have no items stored, so nothing is found.

Use the Crafting tab to create items.

Thanks for that. Itā€™s been a long time since I used it. Has it always been that way? I guess my memory was playing tricks on me :frowning:

Yes, it has always been like that

Hi There,

Iā€™m not so familiar with your tool, Iā€™ve used it to reset attribute points before I knew I could actually do it ingame (doh!). But I think Iā€™m going to need it now.

Today one of my characters wonā€™t show up anymore. I got some help here:

But that didnā€™t fix it.

My idea is to copy one of my other characters and respec it to the one I lost.

I tried copying the save folder and rename the character but that doesnā€™t seem to work.

Is there a way to copy an existing toon, rename it so that I can continue where I left off? Or, maybe someone has ideas how to fix my old savegame?

Thanks in advance!
Mordilus.

There is no way to hack in quests and stuff that Iā€™m aware to put you right back to where you were. At least I feel reasonably sure that no current tool does this.

You could try zipping up the character folder in question and dropping it into the editor here (it will upload it to the forum) and Iā€™d be more than fine with trying it out on my system to see if it loads up or not.

usually that means you have two save locations (local vs cloud) and switched between them. Havenā€™t yet encountered any other case of a char disappearing.

As to copying and renaming a char, copy the original char to a different dir (i.e. not the save dir), rename the char in GD Stash, copy the copy to the save dir, done

Cheers for the replies!

When I started playing, I looked for a dps/damage meter tool and found Grim Internals. I disabled cloud saves as instructed there. I checked it earlier today and its still disabled.

@powbam I wanted to zip it up and upload it, but in the process below I accidentally removed the corrupt character. All I can hope is that Iā€™ll be able to copy my other character and continue from there.

@mamba I tried that, changed the GD Stash save game dir to a backup dir, renamed that character (noticed it renamed the dir too) and copied that back. It still didnā€™t work. Should it work with just copying the character dir or should I copy the entire save dir (with all chars) back and forth?

check both in Steam and GD. GD changes the save location based on the setting in GD I believe.

Also, check for your char in both locations, chances are it is in one of them (and you use the other)

The idea was to copy the char somewhere else, use the regular save dir to rename the char and then copy the char back in from the other dir

If GD Stash renamed the char and you copied the renamed char to the save dir, that too should work. If it did not, then the save dir you copied it to is not the one GD uses.

2 Likes