[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

I haven’t played or touched the game or program in 4 days but opening now all of my items have disappeared.
I click so back up files and there’s a whole list of them but yeah I can’t find my items.
How can I get them back?
The program looks different so I’m guessing it has updated, is that what removed my items and can I get them back?..

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

There was a minor bug causing some items not to get displayed correctly, no items have been deleted :slight_smile:

If you’d like a temporary fix, update with http://grimdawn.dreamcrash.org/ia/beta.exe

That’s the upcomming release.

It’s saying that I have 0 items when I used to have 100+

I’ll give that a go, thanks :slight_smile:

Edit: Awesome it worked all my items are back thanks!!! xD

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

It is not working for me at all. I read through all the thread and could not find a reason why.

• Tried restarting.
  • Opening GF, then GDIA, then stash (both tabs empty), then placed items…

Not working at all. It does not loot any item from the game. This tool seems so perfect for my taste that I really want to use it. It really sounds amazing. :rolleyes:

I’d appreciate any help.

Love this app! Wish I saw it a few weeks earlier. Everything is stored in the database now.

Bug Report?: I noticed that if i had items in Stash 3 and told the app to transfer item to stash. It would simply disappear from the database and nothing would appear in Stash 3. Stash 3 had to be completely empty for it to successfully transfer items. Might wanna look into it, lost a few blues to my experimentation.

Other than that, what is holding you back from having the item stats displayed on the program itself? It shows what stats you got but no numbers. Seeing the numbers would be nice :smiley:

Amazing work overall, i love it! :D:D:D

It’s mentioned at some point in this thread, but should probably be posted in the OP. Keep tab 3 clear!

It didn’t exist a few weeks ago :wink:
I got tired of having a crapload of banking toons, so I tried that ‘stash manager’ thing… and just found it really awkward and unsafe…
So voila, a few days later, GD:IA :wink:

Was already at the back of my mind, half the code in this project is from AO:IA ^^

[/QUOTE]

Nice catch, it’s actually being hidden! (will be fixed next update)
If you re-open IA, the item should reappear.

If the items have truly disappeared, id like steps to reproduce this.
If it’s the case, I’ll add another safety check (open stash file and verify a 2nd time before removing from internal database)

That’s definitely something I’m interested in doing… but I don’t know what algorithm they use to scale the stats.
So hard to tell if its +40% or +90%, since each item can vary quite a bit.

I would definitely like to dedicate some time to it, but it’s quite tedious work.

I rechecked, the items only get hidden from the database but they are still there when i reopen the application :smiley: It never truly disappears. Life is good :smiley:

Nice catch, it’s actually being hidden! (will be fixed next update)
If you re-open IA, the item should reappear.

If the items have truly disappeared, id like steps to reproduce this.
If it’s the case, I’ll add another safety check (open stash file and verify a 2nd time before removing from internal database)

That’s definitely something I’m interested in doing… but I don’t know what algorithm they use to scale the stats.
So hard to tell if its +40% or +90%, since each item can vary quite a bit.

I would definitely like to dedicate some time to it, but it’s quite tedious work.[/QUOTE]
Totally understand how much work this can be. I’ve a coding background and used to write mods for Left 4 Dead 2 for 4+ years. These projects can be insanely time consuming, which we have less of as we get older :D.

It works just great as it does right now, I am although curious though in which language is this being coded in. Is there a public repository for the project?

And last but not least, when can we expect the gdrive / onedrive sync to become available. I often switch playing between my laptop and my PC and being able to access the DB from anywhere without copy pasting the files manually would be awesome :smiley:

Excellent job on the application by the way, cannot emphasize it enough! :smiley:

Was thinking of maybe adding drive/ondrive backup feature today or tomorrow.
Sync though… I’m not sure… do you run both PCs on at the same time? If you’re able to install mysql/psql, running a single SQL for both PCs should be trivial if on the same network.

GD:IA uses nhibernate, so were talking about 2 lines in an .xml to switch database provider.

It’s written in C# (95%) and C++ (~5%), code is available upon request.

Guys, sorry to insist, but…

Any help with this? GDIA does not even transfer from the stash to the external tool.

It is not working for me at all. I read through all the thread and could not find a reason why.

• Tried restarting.
  • Opening GF, then GDIA, then stash (both tabs empty), then placed items…

Not working at all. It does not loot any item from the game. This tool seems so perfect for my taste that I really want to use it. It really sounds amazing.

I’d appreciate any help.

Are you synchronizing with steam cloud? If so, see www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20752

I may (or may not) add support for steam cloud saves someday in the future. But the complexity increases quite a bit, just not sure it’s worth the time investment.

I’m not synchronizing with Steam. I disabled it long ago after some glitches made me lose some characters.

Backup feature go drive/onedrive will work just as good as sync.
I am not playing on both of them at the same time. Ideal scenario would be like this.

1. Load application on Laptop(1st run) , Configure Cloud location on drive/onedrive.
  2. Play GD.
  3. Shutdown GD.
  4. If app can detect GD shutdown, sync files to drive/onedrive || Manual button to sync to drive/onedrive.
  5. Switch to PC
  6. Load application(1st run), Configure Cloud location on drive/onedrive.
    6.5) GD automatically reads the files from the cloud location and loads up the DB.
  7. Launch GD and Play.

That’s about it. Since its being saved on the cloud, it will sync the files automatically between the laptop and the PC. Don’t have to worry about it.

Anything in the log files?
%appdata%…\local\evilsoft\IAGD\

Yup:

2016-03-23 11:04:33,058 INFO [IAGrim.Program]: Starting IA:GD..
2016-03-23 11:04:33,065 INFO [IAGrim.Program]: Running version 1.0.5925.20721
2016-03-23 11:04:33,066 INFO [IAGrim.Program]: Calling run..
2016-03-23 11:04:34,329 INFO [IAGrim.Parsers.Arz.ArzParser]: Database is up to date.
2016-03-23 11:04:34,330 WARN [IAGrim.UI.MainWindow]: Could not find recipes at C:\Users\Thelo\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Save\formulas.gst
2016-03-23 11:04:34,397 INFO [IAGrim.GrimDawnDetector]: Grim Dawn userdata location located using App Id
2016-03-23 11:04:34,397 INFO [IAGrim.Parsers.Arz.StashManager]: Monitoring stashfile at: C:\Users\Thelo\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Save
2016-03-23 11:04:34,397 WARN [IAGrim.Parsers.Arz.StashManager]: Could not find stashfile!
2016-03-23 11:04:34,401 INFO [IAGrim.UI.MainWindow]: Checking for updates..
2016-03-23 11:04:34,416 INFO [IAGrim.Listener.RegisterWindow]: Created window with hwnd 329128
2016-03-23 11:04:34,553 INFO [IAGrim.BuddyShare.Synchronizer]: Tried to upload buddy data, but either userid or items were null
2016-03-23 11:04:34,702 INFO [IAGrim.Utilities.ExceptionReporter]: Sent anonymous usage statistics to developer.
2016-03-23 11:04:35,628 INFO [IAGrim.Listener.GDInjector]: Injected dll into process 7520
2016-03-23 11:04:35,629 INFO [IAGrim.Listener.InjectionVerifier]: Running Listdlls...
2016-03-23 11:04:36,453 INFO [IAGrim.Listener.GDInjector]: InjectionVerifier reports injection succeeded.

Seems it’s not finding the proper files, now don’t ask me why. :frowning:

Edit: my formulas.gst is actually formulas.gsh…

Playing hardcore?

Indeed, I always do play hardcore. :confused:

Is it possible to get a version number on the application itself to see what version the application is and what latest version is available online? It just got an update and I don’t even know what has changed. Curious mind wonders :smiley:

What’s AO:IA?