[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

Desktop DPI-Scaling isn’t supported by the Configurator!
You should set it back to 100% or try the method from the Q&A.

Actually, that can not be, since no more healthbars are displayed; only other settings are taken over. Weird.
Edit: I can remove the champions healthbar config! No problem.

Hmm. I can’t see that there is something wrong. Would be helpful with a screenshot provided.

Works for me in campaign mode. Weird. Have to check again.

If you create a new text document for the teleport list, you have to convert it to utf8 format (e.g. with notepad+).

But the new GI (v1.784) doesn’t say “wrong filesize” anymore. Do you use an older version perhaps?

But the DPI scaling issue is not mentioned in the first post;
it’s mentioned in the actual patch notes and in the Q&A.

when using grimcam and grim internals I cannot turn my camera using anything but the mouse scroll. I can zoom in and out but cant turn. no " , ." or any form of turning is available. is this a broken patch update or broken cam until fix or something in internals causing interference?

Hi everyone, I did a quick search of the thread and couldn’t seem to find an answer to this one…

So GrimInternals64 runs great, I can load it from the steam library menu when I add it as a non-steam game. However when i use steam to make a desktop shortcut for it (it makes a url pointing to steam or something), the shortcut does not start the game.

Things I have tried:

1. I’ve got GrimInternals64.exe set as “run as administrator”
  2. I’ve tried running steam as administrator…steam didn’t like that and it didn’t fix the shortcut, so I run steam as normal again.
  3. I’ve put GrimInternals64.exe as an exception in my AV
  4. I’ve turned off my AV

I can still use the steam app to go to my libarary and run GrimInternals, and I can make my own shortcut to GrimInternals64.exe that both run the game fine…but I’ve got some OCD over this.

Is there a way to make the steam-created shortcut to GrimInternals work?

Thanks!

I did that but still hear the new sfx.
Though I keep my old ini file, it is not one created by the latest version of GI, I simply added the line to my current ini file.
Could that be the problem ?
Should I delete the ini and let GI re-create it ?

Yes actually with a controller you can only zoom in and out with grim cam, its a limitation since the original author didn’t have access to x and y triggers of game pads.
If you want to turn around the camera hold Mouse3 button(the middle one) and move around the mouse

I know steam is an ahole some time, for example for the 64bits of GI it doesnt create a library of screenshots like 32bit did but since the author showed me hers and it works then its the damn steam problem
If i understood correctly when you make it as a shortcut on steam it works properly
The problem is that when you try to add it as a shortcut from steam to desktop it doesnt work?
I just tried it and it works fine on me :s
Rightclick your url shortcut created and check in the Web Document tab the ur.ls it going/pointing to the steam run gameID?
Why not make a shortcut of GI on desktop from the actual exe file?

Its weird that it doesnt accept the line ou added tho cause i just tried removing the line and it worked fine
Just in case delete (or keep backup) of your ini and let it create one, then set it to true. Sometimes we have to let it create a new one

Yes actually with a controller you can only zoom in and out with grim cam, its a limitation since the original author didn’t have access to x and y triggers of game pads.
If you want to turn around the camera hold Mouse3 button(the middle one) and move around the mouse

I know steam is an ahole some time, for example for the 64bits of GI it doesnt create a library of screenshots like 32bit did but since the author showed me hers and it works then its the damn steam problem
If i understood correctly when you make it as a shortcut on steam it works properly
The problem is that when you try to add it as a shortcut from steam to desktop it doesnt work?
I just tried it and it works fine on me :s
Rightclick your url shortcut created and check in the Web Document tab the ur.ls it going/pointing to the steam run gameID?
Why not make a shortcut of GI on desktop from the actual exe file?

Its weird that it doesnt accept the line ou added tho cause i just tried removing the line and it worked fine
Just in case delete (or keep backup) of your ini and let it create one, then set it to true. Sometimes we have to let it create a new one

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=745192&postcount=2752

Hey first of all , ty for all the kind work glocky!!

Im experimenting an issue with GI , i have the nemesis alert ON but is not doing the alert. Atleast for me.TBH is not a big problem for me but i wanted to mention just in case.

My file explorer won’t let me move the executable file into the Grim Dawn folder, it says I lack the permissions. I can move all of the other files though.
When it prompts me to move it with administrator rights, I press okay and then it still says I don’t have permission without any further explanation. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as deleting its files and redownloading Grim Internals. The previous version did not do this for me. Any advice?? Thanks in advance.

You will earn permission when you read the Q&A. This question was answered in the last page or the one before.

by any chance,wiil there be a x86 version? need x86 version so much!

No, 32 bit is no longer being supported.

Same thing. I got 2 Alex spawns that did not trigger the nemesis alert.

Same… need x86 version so much! :cry:

The x64 version is faster and has no memory restriction, so why you want (need) a x86 version?

My computer is very low in configuration, with only 4G RAM, which does not fully reflect the advantages of x64. On the contrary, it is 10 times slower to start games with x64 than with x86.

Tbh if you have a low end computer I really don’t recommend to use Grim Internals anyway. 1. you’ll lose a lot of fps; 2. GI memory uses the same memory location as Grim Dawn, what means that you reach the 3 GB memory limit for x86 programs sooner or later and the game will crash.