[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

Capture

That doesn’t work for the Steam version…

For obvious reasons

I’d prefer not to re-do everything mod-wise using the GoG client (that I purchased for lunch-breaks at work btw)

Hence the need for a 1.1.9.7 Beta Branch on Steam.

Thanks for the consideration devs and fellow GD key gifters/long-time players

• It would be an easy thing to do, surely.

My grim internals keeps crashing when opening the game, it was working fine 2h ago but not anymore. Normal steam version works fine tho.
crash

Your game updated to 1.1.9.8.

Grim Internals no longer works or is supported.

Damn, sad to hear! I wanted to replay some grim dawn and have fun with it since I’m kinda dissapointed with d4 for now lol

Ok I just saw they released 1.1.9.8 like 1h ago… do we know if grim internals will be updated to match that version or 1.1.9.7 was the last one?

For those who cannot wait for an update to Grim Internals, you can replace the Grim Dawn.exe file in both the standard location and the /x64 folder with the exe from v1.1.9.7 and everything will appear to work as normal.

Unsure if there are any conflicts whilst running an outdated exe, but I am not noticing anything unusual.

I’m a noob when it comes to things like that, if my game is already v1.1.9.8 how can I have access to exe v.1.1.9.7 ?

I’m not sure the best way to do that via Steam, but if you’re paranoid like me, you’ll make backups of everything (it’s a good habit) after you set it up nice and proper :mage:

2 Likes

We had plenty of “warning”, should’ve bought/backed-up a GoG copy or at least turned off auto-update via Steam…

Forgot my steam was on auto-update. I will probably have to wait then. Only way I see is to download the pirated v.1.1.9.7 and paste exe on both folder like devil said

GlockenGerda hasn’t posted in months and even the devs are asking for suggestions to appease the crowd.

Grim Internals is DEAD. Deady McDead-Dead.

Pirated exe won’t work… That’s kinda the point of why GI isn’t open-source

Well then I have no idea haha

Show me a screen-grab of your GD on Steam and if the devs/mods allow it, I’ll share the files…

But, there is a CODE.

Piracy is the ultimate sin. (and I’m not about to catch a ban for a “new poster”)

Pics of something like this:

Only a different drive name and different image dimensions

AND: most importantly a pic of your EXE size (via right click, properties. Down to the kilobyte)

Pic of your GD exe’s via properties, down to the kilobyte

That’s an internet shortcut, not the EXE…

NVM man. (I tried to help ya out)

• BTW, Steam doesn’t use those type of shortcuts. Amateur