[Tool] Grim Internals

There are some things from the original General tab moved there but mostly it is various toggles concerning Health bars.

1 Like

And that reasoning is what, exactly?

Thank you for what you have helped us with Grim Internals… :crying_cat_face:

A suggestion would be to open the source code so people could continute to update the tool if you’re deciding to stop. Sure, devs are implementing some of the features, but FAR away from all of the nice QoLs that GI offers. Like game speed, teleport, cooldowns, debuffs, day/night, pots, you name it… I would seriously appreciate and recommend a reconsider on just leaving this tool untouched. As you have pleased the community through the years, why stop now? Give us what we want, a taste of your amazing tool as long as we want!

1 Like

But the most useful feature beside the autoloot and health bar is dropped item affix notification, hard to farm item without it. Hope you continue to support grim internal

1 Like

Before this gets out of hand here, please wait for patch v1.1.4.0 first to see the new features in action.
Then we can discuss whether GI is still needed or not.

7 Likes

Thank you, Glocken, for your hard work and dedication in keeping this QoL addon running. Instead of complaining about things, people should be grateful that you have taken time out of your personal life to help the community. I didn’t start using GI until about six months ago and that was before the teleports. Yes, they are useful, but at the same time it takes away from possible loot opportunities running through dungeons. People are always upset they can’t find (insert item/recipe here) but then don’t put the work in to find them. Just my personal opinion.

I didn’t expect that

Praise the Glocka

2 Likes

I respect your free time needs (as I want to have more gaming time^^). If you need help for testing or find faithful developer too help you, ask, I’m sure we’ll find few people who wants new experience !

While I love all the QOL improvements from 1.4.0 I think I will miss also Game speed feature and teleport list from GI. Now that I played the game at 1.2 speed I have really hard time to return to 1.0 speed.:smiley:

GI is still irreplaceable. Devs healthbar is ugly.

GI can continue to maintain the other valuable features not in the patch, and push the frontier with other QoL enhancements, as GG (and this community) has always done. Crate will likely not return to QoL after the patch.

Maybe somebody should make a poll or perhaps GlockenGerda can solicit some feedback from GI users to see if her assumption that “only a handful” of people will still want to use GI after the next patch.

Maybe people should be grateful for all the work she did for free and respect whatever decision she makes regarding how she spends her time?

10 Likes

People have been thanking GlokenGerda for her work over and over again in this thread and elsewhere. Plenty of folks have mentioned making donations to her. It’s very obvious that her work is appreciated, and I fail to comprehend how some of us wanting to keep using it for all the other features that you didn’t implement is construed as ungratefulness.

This is the reason that was given for discontinuing work on GI:

I’m sorry to say that, but now that we’ll get auto-loot, healthbars and crucible map selection
in the base game, Grim Internals is not needed anymore (most GI users will simply don’t use it anymore).

So it make no sense to spend my rare free time to develop/update it any further for only a handful of people.

She said she planned to stop spending time on it because you are incorporating the most famous features of her tool into the base game, and she believes the remaining people who would want to keep using it for the other features constitute too small a percentage of the user base to be worth her time. Now, if she would come right out and say that she’s got too much going on in her life and doesn’t want to or can’t dedicate her time to GI anymore for that reason, then fine. But that is not what she said, so all I’m saying is that if it can be demonstrated that a lot more than the “handful” of users she mentioned would want GI to stay up to date for the other features it offers that still aren’t in the base game, then maybe she’ll change her mind and decide it’s still worth her time after all.

3 Likes

GI is a wonderful tool for sure with the other QoL it has noone can say otherwise
We should be glad about the game having these things cause it means that they hear this and that when every patch was introduced and breaking it.
I can feel that Glocky is already burnt out from coding and maybe from the game. She been here since 2013? This might be the reason the donation link was removed too
And on the other hand lets not forget Crate team and what they are trying to do
Its NOT THE EASIEST thing to satisfy everyone when making healthbars because of all that customization BUT as i said before about the patch i dont know if it makes me happy or sad
From the one hand Glocky might want to move on something else and on the other Crate knows how useful it was and they SPENT time especially as they mentioned on the UI since coding it was a pain.

And im saying all these knowing how hard it was to maintain the tool and the game’s update since i’ve been here too trying to help everyone

3 Likes

Frau Gerda Glocke seems to be a truly decent person, and in my opinion, GI got bigger and bigger and took more and more time to maintain. And now a hell of a lot of people are using it, and it seems she didn´t t want to abandon GI completely for exactly that reason. She didn´t want to let us down.
I don´t know what´s going on in ger personal life, but Crate including the key feature of GI is probably a blessing for GlockenGerda, for now she can put GI to rest w/o feeling bad about it.

Maybe we can be grateful for all that she has done and just let her be?
Let´s give that a try, that sounds neat.

5 Likes

Learn to read between the lines kid

She says she is quitting and then a little later on she says let’s see what happens when the patch comes out and then determine whether GI is sill needed. If she’s just done and ready to move on, then why even say that?

Alas, I don’t wish to draw out and debate the issue any longer. Point has been made.

For the record, I am very grateful for the time you’ve put into GI, GlockenGerda, and I wish you all the best if you truly desire to move on and leave it behind.

1 Like

It looks like my statement has caused a bit of confusion.
With this statement, I wanted to prevent discussions about GI (whether it is still needed or not),
although patch v1.1.4.0 has not been even released; you should first be able to test the new QoL-
Features yourself!
And some things (e.g.: the appearance of the new heathbars) could change in the final patch.

This in no way contradicts my 1st statement that it makes no sense to keep Grim Internals running for only a handful of people.

7 Likes