[Tool] Grim Internals

sad that lauch the game vi Gi make steam do not count the hours i spend on the game :frowning:

Yes it does. Have you tested it? :thinking:
Steam does know when the Grim Dawn process is running and GI launches it.

i did. I spent about 2-3 hours per night and steam dont count the hours via GI. If lauch directly, it count normaly.

@chacuavip10 I did test again and hours updated although with some delay I think.
Maybe someone else will know what’s going on on your side.

@GlockenGerda Hi, I’m going to add some functionality to Grim Locations soon which could benefit from Grim Internals reading the " GrimInternals_TeleportList.txt" file every time the player opens the GI menu. Would it be possible to get a GI 1.99e (or one minor version higher than current) that adds that functionality? The reason I ask is that I have no idea how long the wait is for patch v1.1.9.2. (watch I say this and it will be released this week)

GI is already prepared for patch v1.1.9.2, but I made a roll back to a previous revision so it should work with v1.1.9.1 again.
Here is the download-link [MEGA].

If this version crashes for some reason, then please wait until GD patch v1.1.9.2 is out!

4 Likes

Confirming that you now don’t have to open the Configurator for Affixes Search to start working @Alexey_Zuev
Also can’t wait to be nullified.
Thanks for a pre-patch, I was cumbersome to open the Configurator every time I play.

@GlockenGerda @powbam
Sorry for bothering you but maybe you know what may be the root of this issue.

I have short stutters in Grim Dawn after a controller button press (it’s the 1st time since I have those)
but only when I use these 3 things simultaneously
(if I don’t use precisely one of those, there’s no problem):

1. Grim Internals (doesn’t matter the version), no problem if not using GI and using 2 & 3

2. Controller sending keyboard button press on this gamepad button press (was set up in Big Picture), no problem if just 1 & 3

3. AutoHotkey active (but idle, not activating functions on this button press), no problem if turned off and using just 1 & 2

It feels like there’s too much going on for my laptop with

• Grim Internals + AutoHotkey + Big Picture combo

when I press a gamepad button?

I wonder why Grim Internals makes a difference here :thinking:
Is it because it reacts to hotkeys (for example CTRL + F5) ?
But then again AutoHotkey + GI was totally fine till I decided add a controller.

Works like a charm right out of the box with Grim Locations, thank you!

1 Like

Try not using Big Picture mode. Controller will work without it.

1 Like

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I’m technically not using it just used it to configure my controller (one cannot even launch Big Picture Mode and Grim Internals together) and then all its features keep working in non-Big Picture / Grim Internals with Steam Controller support.

If you mean to totally abandon Steam Controller Options and using native Grim Dawn controller stuff, just like players who don’t own Grim Dawn on Steam - I don’t want to do that as I love its features and rather not use Grim Internals :slight_smile:

Well, that was pretty much my only idea :wink: I have no idea what would cause the issue otherwise.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I can’t help in this special case, because I don’t use a
game controller to play Grim Dawn.
GI uses ‘GetAsyncKeyState ()’ to read the hotkeys; I doubt this triggers the short stutter after pressing a controller button, but hmm … who knows ?!

1 Like

@GlockenGerda @powbam
Ok, I’ve managed to set it up so that I don’t have stuttering:

• I removed additional keyboard L Legacy Keypress on :white_large_square: button (Joy1) in Steam

• and instead of detecting keyboard L in AHK I detect native :white_large_square: button (Joy1) press

• and then AHK pressing keyboard buttons in response to gamepad button instead of keyboard button
    no longer causes stuttering in GI + AHK + Steam combo

This gives me a bit less flexibility but it’s fine.

Maybe three programs doing these things at once was just too much.

Hi everyone,

there’s something confusing me about the debuff icons that grim internals shows on champions and bosses. While debuffs e.g. from Thermite Mine and Wind Devils are displayed, there is no icon for Elemental Storm from the Rhowan’s Crown constellation, which is also supposed to apply reduced elemental resistances. Why is that? I see the proc triggered, of course, since there is an obvious visual effect. But I’m still unsure whether the resistance reduction is applied.

Also, is there an option to show these debuff icons on dummies? That would be very helpful.

‘Elemental Storm’ is an autocast skill and like most (if not all) autocast skills they don’t have their own icons defined; they use a ‘standard’ icon instead.
It makes no sense to display those skill icons.

In this screenshot you can see those ‘default’ icons.

Thank you for your answer. So it’s just disabled since you would not be able to differentiate these same looking icons anyway.

Is it hard to enable this area in the upper left corner of your screenshot, where those effects are displayed by name?

Exactly!
You can enable those debug infos by adding two lines to the
GrimInternals.ini file (preferably at the end of the file).

[Experimental]
SkillDebug=true

but there is no way to disable it in-game, so you have to remove these lines again (or set ‘SkillDebug’ to false).

Vielen Dank :heart:

1 Like

I just got a weird bug with the GI Mod, maybe some one can test.
Newest version of the game and GI v1.99e
If your char got to elite, go to the Desecrated devotion shrine at Burrwitch Estates (not clear yet) and hit start, the game crash. Try a few times, the game alway crash if i hit start to clear the shrine.
I save the positon in teleport list and try change gear, use no skill, still crash.
Without loading GI (only the game on x64), no longer crash. maybe its one time thing, but just want to let you guy know.