[Tool] Grim Internals

That sounds promising for sure.

because if you bothered to actually read some of the more recent posts youā€™d have understood why the OP looked like it did, that it was a moderator edit, that the OP/author of the tool is MIA, etc etc
ā€œall the info was in the threadā€, having read it would have made you look less like a sillygoose talking out the buttā€¦

2 Likes

Keep it civil folks.

As weird as this sounds, I cannot live without a DPS in/out meter.

Knowing where all your damage output is coming and for how much itā€™s hitting etc, AND knowing what kind of damage type is contantly killing/hurting you is detrimental for me to enjoy the game to itā€™s absolute best way.

Iā€™m sure the mod creator will get right on it as soon as you send her a check.

2 Likes

I think that term is the exact opposite of what you were trying to say :sweat_smile:

In any case, someone else made a DPS meter, you might wanna check it out

havenā€™t tried it yet, dunno if it works with the v1.2 playtest but it should work with v1.1.9.8

edit: doesnā€™t work with v1.2

Are you getting payed for being a smug ass on the forums at least then?

Absolutely!

7 Likes

The troll of the week contest is starting strong

3 Likes

Have to put a non-content LOL here, sry. This one made my day :rofl:

Man I thought thereā€™s a new version after seeing 76 new comments :joy:

1 Like

Grim Damage* also had this eons ago, but as a separate UI outside of GD.
May or may not still be compatible. Certainly not compatible with x64 though.

*) Disclaimer: Iā€™m the author

The inherent problem with a mod like Grim Internals, is that it requires constant updates by the developer, as internal changes will constantly break things.
(Which you well know Crate does not help with)

This creates a massive strain on the developer, several order of magnitudes greater than that of say GD Stash, which only have to rely on the file format.

Iā€™m amazed she kept it going as long as she did.

(The point of the post, while i know yours was sarcastic, is that a single check is naught. The only way for this to be sustainable would be a subscription service)

Um, we assist modders all the time, including keeping GDStash working with updates such as the upcoming v1.2. It helps to ask for help. Weā€™re not telepaths.

What made Grim Internals incompatible with most updates was GlockenGerdaā€™s own decision to discourage piracy, which we certainly appreciate as the numerous times pirates came to this forum to complain about GI not working never got old.

3 Likes

did it? it sure did on the steam version, but there was this nasty DRM free ( :face_vomiting: xD ) version?!

Yes, hashsum checks. The most devious and intrusive DRM out there.

Is this actually in any way viable?

She was absolutely lovely, Iā€™d happily crowd source for that source code.

Anything is possible. :slight_smile:
Of course youā€™d need to contact her, which is the issue - no one has gotten a response from her.

1 Like

ā€œUm, we assist modders all the time, including keeping GDStash working with updates such as the upcoming v1.2. It helps to ask for help. Weā€™re not telepaths.ā€

Hey man, I had no idea GD Stash was being updated again; genuinely so damn happy to see that. Good work.

ā€œWhat made Grim Internals incompatible with most updates was GlockenGerdaā€™s own decision to discourage piracy, which we certainly appreciate as the numerous times pirates came to this forum to complain about GI not working never got old.ā€

All my GOG Grim Dawn/expansions here are legit, but this reminds me: Has anybody experienced a bug on GI whereby the little hippos etc, are just white balls? I experience it every time, on multiple installs/verified/computer formats/different Grim Dawn and GI versions etc. Should have a screenshot somewhere. Edit: eventually got the screenshot working:

Edit: Screenshot of pink balls at the top left on the river where hippos should be at sorrows bastian. They just flicker away as you near. Yes Iā€™m using a reshade right now, but this is an old, old persistant problem for me, regardless of reshade.

Iā€™m not being a dick, but can anyone confirm she is alive? I posted/worked at a drug harm reduction forum for many years and Iā€™m sadly very used to people disappearing then turning up in newspapers or having to attend friends funerals etc.

Can anybody at least confirm sheā€™s okay? Got me worried now! Apologies.