[Tool] Grim Internals

Grim Dawn installs an EXE file on your computer when you install the game. If you use this EXE to start Grim Dawn, I would consider this the default as set by Crate.

there are two exe files, a 32bit and a 64bit oneā€¦ so there is no true default, it is a matter of which one you choose. GI will always use the 64bit exe however.

I didnā€™t even see the 64 bit version. I had no idea, and I guess I stand corrected.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\x64 Grim Dawn.exe
thats the 64 bit version

I clicked the original post but it didnā€™t download. I donā€™t know. Thanks for reply.

Edit: I got it now. Thanks.

Great. :smiley:

Did they say what the difference is between the 2 versions of the game?

Pretty much having the same issue as you when it comes to multiplayer. Canā€™t connect with the mod enabled or disabled through x64. I can play the game solo, with the mod on, and have no issues in x64.

The only way I can play multiplayer is 32 bit version with no GI. Prior to the patch, no issues at all playing x64 with GI in multiplayer.

2 Likes

thank you for great tool dude.

Difference Between 32 bit & 64 bit Operating Systems

Essentially, 64-bit allows more access to memory. Translated to games: it can do more quicker, roughly. Mostly you might only notice real improvements with older hardware. Newer hardware you may not even see any truly ā€œnoticeableā€ differences when using an x86(32-bit) versus an x64(64-bit) program.

Regardless, if your OS is x64 (and these days it damned well should be in nearly all cases) then you should make it a point to utilize x64 versions of software as long as the software in question runs with no issues.

1 Like

I believe you mean ā€œdudetteā€. rofl.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me whats going on since last update and new GrimInternals? Iā€™m stumped.

Itā€™s not the resolution, i tried changing it. Is it the Windows Scaling?

Yes and its been like that for months :stuck_out_tongue: how comes it was in the latest update of GI ?
Yes check in the Q&A post about disabling scaling

I dont have the issues you have
Have you made sure to run the GI as admin and add it into your AVā€™s exceptions?

I switched to 4K from the last update to GD Iā€™m running in 3820x2160. My scaler was 200%. Switching it to 100% or putting all of GD.exe or GI to Scaling exceptions compatibility changes nothing, it always comes out the same. I have no idea why.

sometimes you have to restart your pc

Iā€™d rather keep the scaling correct for all other apps, Iā€™m going to edit the INI file directly. Thanks for the help and great mod.

1 Like

is it possible to run it under ubuntu? canā€™t find an actual answerā€¦iā€™m running the game in a better way than expected in linux but i am missing the GI toolā€¦

Still having the same issue to play with my friend if we both use your amazing tool. If one of us doesnā€™t use it then we can play together (both in x64).
I know there are way more important things but if you could find some time to take a look at this in order to know if your tool really is the problem it would be very nice and appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

For some dark reason i still cant connect with or without GI on 64 bit