[Tool] Grim Internals

Unless you’re running a lower end system, I wouldn’t use Differed Rendering…

The FXAA implementation blurs everything and eliminates a lot of detail. Your better off using regular DX11 and 2x/4x/8x AA.

On the opposite end, if you have a high end rig - you can run the game at 4k DSR/VSR with Differed Rendering and FXAA turned OFF. (This is how I roll and it’s super-shiny)

However, if you don’t use Deferred you don’t get access to the advanced particle/reflection features…

With Deferred Rendering also come additional video setting levels: Very High for Reflections and Particles. With Particles set to Very High, you can enjoy awesome lighting effects on various spells and abilities that will make combat at night and in undergrounds especially dynamic!

And they do make a difference. These higher settings are unavailable if you snub DR.

The blur can be tweaked now easily via GPU control panels:

AMD also has a similar feature. Plus there is no need for 3rd party tools like Reshade anymore (at least not for sharpening the DR blur).

1 Like

like these animals in GI very much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s a nice picture composition with the animals!
You’re the first one who encountered the elephant, I guess.
Normally he spawns in the main menu, but it’s very rare spawn.

I did not notice the image sharpening option… Guess it’s kinda new.

Thank ya sir!

1 Like

Hahahah jesus christ you are crazy xD

yes it started 2 updates ago of radeon pretty badass update if you ask me

I reinstalling GD(1.1.5.2) and GI(1.91a). result was same.
Then, I placed the custom wave file to following directory.
“settings/sound/human/level_up.wav”
So It seems I succeed to change legendary drop sfx.
but In-game sounds and windows-wav(media player) sounds different way of hearing.
Have you hit on any possible causes of these problem?

GI was working now I get this error everytime. I have reinstalled both GD and GI multiple times.

Don’t place your soundfile to “settings/sound/human/level_up.wav”.
That is not working!

The correct dir/name structure is:
for LegendaryDropSound -> “Settings/sound/legendarydrop.wav”
for DoubleRareDropSound -> “Settings/sound/doubleraredrop.wav”
for NemesisAlertSound -> “Settings/sound/nemesisalert.wav”

Also be sure that you have copied the _GrimInternalsData folder from the .zip file to your Grim Dawn Installation folder.

Most likely an “access denied” issue because of an AV or Windows Defender update.

1 Like

Well, of course I understand, Sadly this correct way is not working on my pc.
So I unzipped the ‘GD Dir/resources/Sound.arc’ and replaced one by one files to find out
which file would change the legendarydrop sound.
Then strangely, putting the ‘level_up.wav’ file changed the legendarydrop sound.
I thought I wanted to find out the any cause from this weird things.

Well I was sure that these files exists.
[GD Install Dir]/_GrimInternalsData (contained 7 files)
[GD Install Dir]/GrimInternals64.exe
[GD Install Dir]/GrimInternalsDll64.dll

Hi Folks,
I appear to be having an issue with the light beams on double rares and legendary drops. I check the GI config file, and it says “lootbeam=true”. The sound works fine, just no beams. Any ideas? I was using 1.90 and just updated to 1.91a today, same deal :confused:
Any help is greatly appreciated!

hey go here and read the replies we had the same issues with another player
try this i said on this post just to make sure that its not due to any file corruption

We dont know why this happens tbh, it just does. Some players even had to restart their pc to make it work
Tell me how it goes

1 Like

Yep that one worked! Thank you :smiley: - I was poking around other posts with similar files, the other ones worked but for some reason I cannot for the life of me get the GI ones working :frowning:

If you have the double rare green drop one and/or the epic ones, would you mind linking them?

Beams.zip (10.0 KB)
throw these files inside the folder i mention on that post,this way all beams will be shown :wink:
happy hunting

odd, I added those there and now no beams.
Edit: sfx aren’t working now on drops either

Is it just a typo?
It should be “lootbeam=true”

Very strange :confused:

Yea that’s just me typo’ing like a pro. I’ll go back and fix that

Side note edit: is it weird that the I had to create the file path for the beams file? Settings\fx\particlesystems\items did not exist in my game folder

2nd edit: I got it working. Thank you for the support folks!
Imgur

Things that I did:

1. Added GI to firewall
  2. Added GI to trusted for virus protection
  3. Added folder and visual fx files as stated here: [Tool] Grim Internals
  4. Deleted GI completely and updated to most current version
  5. Had a victory beer
1 Like