[Tool] Grim Internals

I’ll quote myself.

1 Like

Edit: Fixed it. I was a blind dummy and left ‘cloud save’ enabled in the game-menu without noticing. I thought just disabling it on steam was enough. Sorry about that!

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out!
In the next GI version I will add a security check so that the Crucible mode for custom mods
cannot be played if Cloud Save is enabled in the game options to avoid problems like you had.

Just a thought but you could also just add a check that scans their options.txt to see if it is enabled for GrimInternals in general and have it pop-up an error message and simply not start instead.

Per se a good idea, but I don’t want to generally prohibit the use of GI when Cloud Save is enabled
(it could goes well as long as no external tools were used to modifiy the savegame or stash files and
Steam doesn’t need to sync/upload the modified files to the cloud).

Some GI users may have Cloud Save enabled anyways despite the warning to turn it off and then
they would complain that they have to disable cloud save to use GI.

So only the “Crucible Mode for custom mods” should be disabled to avoid the known issue when
Cloud Save is used .

Not all chaos damage being converted with dagallon helm according to Grim Internals?

So I am play testing a 2H purifier. It has points in all firestrike related skills including brimstone, which provides some chaos damage.
I am wearing dagallons helm, which has 2 skill conversions:

• 50% of chaos damage converted to lightning damage to fire strike
  • 50% of chaos damage converted to fire damage to fire strike

When I check the character screen 2nd tab fire strike damage, it lists no chaos damage when I wear the helm, which is what I expect since 100% of it has been converted to other damage types. And taking off the helm will show chaos damage for fire strike.
But when I play with Grim Internals, the DPS meter with damage breakdown registers chaos damage when I attack with fire strike while wearing the helm. Is this a bug in Grim Internals? Or is the chaos damage from brimstone not being considered by Grim Dawn as belonging to fire strike?

I’ll be honest with ya Glock, but everytime I see someone use GI with cloud enabled (missing reading the warning), it goes kinda like this…

That’s kinda sad that his stash is gone; but he gave little to none information
that helped for nailing down the problem; like: was Cloud Saving enabled or not
at that time, or did he uses other tools to manipulate the stash?
A few people may think they have lost their stash or save files because they switched
Cloud Save off, but forgot to copy over their save files to GD’s default save location.

Would be interesting to know how many GI user left Cloud Saves enabled when using the tool…

Btw: Grim Internals exists since about 4 years or so and it’s lifetime is coming to an end with
the next patch.
Most of the important features have made it into the game; so… Mission accomplished, I would say! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you confuse GI with Grim Tools?

Yea he was sparse on saying for sure anything much further but I feel certain an issue like that would be because of cloud-saving foolishness. And yea, I don’t truly believe the file is actually gone either.

Now, before you set the internet on fire with that statement… I take it to mean development of any new features right? Hopefully if they release any more patches you’ll update GI to work with it :smile:

And don’t forget, new Misadventure coming later today here :wink:

:slight_smile: No, I don’t think this will be the case…

I’m thinking of stopping completely.
I’ve hardly played Grim Dawn for over a year, so it makes little to no sense for me to develop/maintain a tool that I don’t use myself.

1 Like

Pretty sure many people would not update Grim Dawn just to use GI.
If it happens we will need to inform more players (on Reddit for example) how to prevent Steam from updating Grim Dawn / to not update if using GoG so that they have a choice of still using Grim Internals.

Come one, especially some later patches, if they only contain some number tweaks vs Grim Internals
I think it’s a pretty tough choice.

@GlockenGerda
Hurts reading that tbh but i understand when you have to stop working on something then you gotta stop.
No matter what tho Glocky we all appreciated youtr hard work and ongoing support you pour into this.
I remember this tool started as a simple a app to just see the cc effectgs on your character etc and look where you took it! EVEN the devs loved the idea of healthbars etc and added many of the QoL things you created in the game
Cant thank you enough

@tqFan if i recall in the Q&A post i have the guide how to do that

1 Like

I think it’s worth mentioning that even one more update from Crate past 1.9 kills Grim Internals in this case… except for people willing to go to random russian forums to download hacked versions of her tool.

Just going to toss that tidbit out there.

Hacked GI versions only removes the file size verification, afaik.
If a new version of Grim Dawn changes, for example, some of the data structures that were used by
GI too, removing the file size check will not help getting a working GI version. GI would just crash or
produce strange behaviors.

Anyway, let’s not talk about things that haven’t happened yet, please!

@Darkstalix You’re alive! I’ve missed you… :blush: :heart:

3 Likes

@GlockenGerda

When you walk away from this tool, will the source code be available on GitHub or somewhere for others to continue the work?

Not confusing Grim Internals with Grim Tools. I am using Grim Internals damage breakdown DPS meter to check damage conversion. Your tool registers chaos damage when I use fire strike with brimstone, yet I am wearing Dagallon helm which supposed to convert 100% of the chaos damage. If I change attack from fire strike to normal attack, there is no chaos damage registered, so that elimates any flat chaos from my gear.
So I am thinking either your tool is misreporting the chaos damage, or the conversion on the helm is not working as expected. I thought I would check with you first if you have any insights. If you need I can post a video snippet of what I have seen, just let me know EDIT next post contains a video link)

I made a video, hope the link works for you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vfEOE6y2nXdw5nqln_EPl7OJ0sXci2VG/view?usp=sharing

Here is a description of the 4 quarters of the video

• first quarter of video, I show the helm stats has 100% total chaos convert (50% + 50%) and show my skill screen brimstone which is part of fire strike
  • second quarter: I attack a mob with just regular attack (ie no skill), Notice no chaos damage is registered. Hence no flat chaos damage on my gear
  • third quarter switch to fire strike and attack a mob. Now notice chaos damage is registered. But this chaos damage is from brimstone where fire strike is base skill, so my expectation is there will be NO chaos damage since its supposed to be 100% converted
  • fourth quarter: single target attack with fire strike. In this part there is no chaos damage registered, I believe because none of the brimstone fragments are hitting any other enemy (its an extension skill that adds AOE)

So if your tool is correctly reporting the chaos damage, then I can report a bug to Crate devs including this video link and ask them to investigate possible conversion or item bug in their game. But first I need reassurance your tool is not misreporting…

Oh, I totally misread it then; I am very sorry!
I’ll take a look when I come back from office.
Thanks!

GI reported the chaos damage correct; I did some tests with my own purifier and you’re right;
brimstone produces some chaos damage that is not converted to lightning damage by the Dagallon’s Faceguard helmet.
I don’t know if it’s a bug or intended; perhaps you should discuss it with a more experienced player than me here on the forum.