[Tool] Grim Internals

Since nobody more competent answered, have you tried disabling various GI features in Configurator / text config to see whether one in particular is the cause?

No I havenā€™t, and thatā€™s a good call. I just had it running in its default state. Iā€™ll fiddle with it some.

Luckily Iā€™ve found that Crate has added many of my most used features of Internals, although there are some I still miss.

the greatest grim internal feature that Crate less likely to adopt is Damage Type calculator and Game Speed Modifier. I used GI just for the Damage Type, so I could see which elements I havenā€™t converted. Game Speed can be modified with Cheat Engine, but since GI also handles it, why not

hello, i nedd kind off help here, i installed GI, i open steam first and then gi but it doesnt show any of my characters to chose and playe : c if i open GD it does but with GI it doesnt, any suggestion ?

Heh that really weird o.o
You run GI and you dont see your character. But running the Game with no GI it shows them?
Try this, open the game with no GI and when you get to the character select as it is alt tab and launch GI

[Tool] Grim Internals Should put you at the posting.

Iā€™ve just downloaded GI 1.98b (from this page, after a break from GD) and extracted it into the GD folder, when I run it, it says

GI_Version

Should the version of GI displayed be 1.97b or 1.98b?
Also, according to Steam the game is up to date (1.1.8.1 x64) - Iā€™d love to be able to use GI again, any ideas?

Are you sure youā€™ve correctly overwritten the files from the previous version?

2 Likes

I was sure, I extracted the zip into GD main folder and was prompted to replace/overwrite items which I bulk accepted - but always worth rechecking so I manually opened the zip and copied the three items in one at a time, and lo - each time I was prompted to copy a newer version and GI no longer complains on launch.

I donā€™t know what happened when I just Extracted directly into the GD folder (7-zip, right click, extract files, choose location, simple enough huh), I guess I must have done something wrong or was simply mistaken in some way.

So, thanks v much tqFan :slight_smile:

My Windows 10 donā€™t work with grim internal. i click play and it going to ā€œcrate entertainmentā€ load scene and freeze there. what i must do ?
i can play the game via steam by choose legacy dx9. and i install dx9 but GI dont work.
sorry my bad english.

Have you tried to start GI with administrator rights?
If that doesnā€™t help, try adding GI to your virus softwareā€™s whitelist.
If none of this helps, donā€™t use GI ā€¦ The development has stopped anyway.

Is there any way to make floating damage text bigger without messing with the UI scale? My current resolution is 1366x768 and Iā€™m kinda stuck at the lowest possible scale so the UI wonā€™t cover half of my screen.

The default Legendary Drop sfx does not sound right, does everyone hear it this?
GI Version:1.98b

Solved. The cause of this was the start-up procedure.
I started GrimDawn and then started GrimInternals at the title screen, which was not good.
GrimInternals will automatically start when GrimDawn starts, so now it plays correctly.
Now the LegendaryDrop.wav replacement also works properly.

Are we supposed to be able to play a mod in crucible with multiple players? I didnā€™t note the exact error message (I can get it next time) but it said something about a version mismatch. We can connect and play the mod together just fine outside of crucible. Since our mod version, game version, and GI version are the same Iā€™m thinking the answer is no.

If all players are using the same GI version (with the same _GrimInternalsData) and the same version of the mod this should work (just tested it with GoG version over LAN and DoM mod).

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of trying GI. How come it only auto-loots rare items?

Because GlockenGerda decided she didnā€™t want it to loot more than that. I believe it can still auto pickup iron, components and materials too even though the devs subsequently include those in the game. Iirc GI has a slightly wider pick up range for those; thatā€™s the only difference.

1 Like

So using the additional launch parameters of ā€œ/Mod:domā€ Iā€™m trying to load into the dom crucible. However, whenever I hit start on crucible mode - the game returns to the main menu. And if I then go to regular crucible in standard GD, I see the name of the character I was trying to enter crucible in - as a blank (unable to be chosen or deleted) character slot.

Iā€™m not really sure what to make of it. Does crucible mode just not work? Or did I screw up somehow? I can play the modded game itself fine. But crucible itself just throws me at the main menu every time.

That looks like your char isnā€™t a DoM char rather than a main campaign char.
Did you create a new character while the DoM mod was active/selected in the main menu
or did you use an existing DoM character?

1 Like