[Tool] Grim Internals

Removing the fog improves visual clarity on all settings. It’s why I requested for Glocken to bake it into GI directly :slight_smile:

Yes it does make dark areas “darker” as a result - that’s because fog seems to have its own “light” which brightens things up a tad. I like the darker effect tho - rather than disabling the fog removal you could just adjust the gamma setting in-game higher (if you are playing ‘Fullscreen’) or in your video cards settings (if using Borderless). You can also check if your monitor itself allows you to configure brightness or gamma.

2 Likes

Is there a hotkey to reset incoming DPS, also, what exactly do the bracket and parentheses numbers mean in the incoming dps?

1 Like

that option drove me mad, b/c i wasnt aware that it is part of GI, when i played around with different GrimCam settings and never could get the fog to work.

does the fog actually improve framerates?

I haven’t really noticed much of a difference I don’t think - on whether it harms or helps framerates. It’s likely negligible either way. Perhaps there is a noticeable difference on lower tier (or older) hardware?

1 Like

I haven’t noticed a difference.

1 Like

I’ve had Grim Internals for some time now, but could never get it to work before. Decided today to make a serious effort at it. I have the original game + AoM, FG & Crucible DLC. Game version is 1.1.9.0. Already had Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 and 2017 prior to today, both x64 and x86 versions of each. These were located in …\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\CommonRedist\vcredist\xxxx where xxxx is the year. Downloaded GI version 1.99d (x64) and extracted to my GD directory. No idea if I have the Steam-Version or not. Disabled cloud saving and restarted Steam, then clicked on GI executable resulting in a message “Grim Dawn not found”.

Then I copied everything from my save folder in …\Steam\userdata\folder of numbers\219990\remote\save\main to my GD folder in My Documents: …\username\Documents\my games\Grim Dawn\save\main and added GI as a non-Steam game to Steam. Restarted Steam, clicked on GI from within Steam resulting in message “Grim Dawn not found”.

Then I copied the vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe from the 2015 folder in …\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\CommonRedist\vcredist into my GD game directory. Restarted Steam, clicked on GI in Steam resulting in message “Grim Dawn not found”.

What am I doing wrong?

GD game version is 1.1.9.1, so update your version of GD as first step.

Hmm… Steam’s been having problems updating lately. Does that have anything to do with it? Or is that just for Steam? How do I update a game in Steam other than via Steam?

[/edit to add]Game was last updated via Steam on 1 APR 2021 for the April Fool’s Announcement which, per that announcement, came after version 1.1.9.1; therefore I must have game version 1.1.9.1.[/edit]

[/edit#2]I opened the game to confirm and saw in the bottom right of the character selection screen that my game version is 1.1.9.1.[/edit]

Steam must already be running when you launch GI, but if you still get
the error message, either you did not extract GI to the Grim Dawn installation
folder or your AV protection is blocking GI.

Sure, I’ll update GI accordingly when the Grim Dawn patch v1.1.9.2 arrives.
Thanks for making such a tool; it looks promising (but I haven’t test it yet,
because I do not play Grim Dawn these days.)

2 Likes

My A/V program sends me alerts whenever it blocks or detects something. If it blocks, then the alert will ask me what I want to do. I’ve not seen it do this with GI; however I created an exclusion specifically for GI and it will now completely ignore it. GI is in fact in my GD install folder and with Steam running I’m still getting the same error msg.

I didn’t know how to run GI (or any executable) as an admin via Steam; so instead I opened my GD folder and rt clicked GI and ran as admin and got the following msg:

“…\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\x64\api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-|1-1-0.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.”

I downloaded the GI file via the link you provided listed in your original post. I can try uninstalling/deleting/re-downloading again; but whatever is preventing GI from running it’s not because it’s not in my GD install folder nor is my A/V program blocking it.

Hello folks, please help me to get GrimCam working so I can enjoy this glorious game even more!

I have installed Grim Internals as the first recommended action, and I have Grim Internals working. I have also copied the 3 GrimCam files to the grimdawn folder, run steam, and run grimcam.exe as administrator, and I get an error message;

“Grimcam.exe - Entry point Not Found
The procedure entry point
?GetGraphicsEngine@Engine@GAME@@QAEPAVGraphicsEngi
ne@2@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library”

Very nice people on reddit suggested I use Grim Internals to make it work, I have GI going but I don’t know what to do next. Should there be options for GrimCam showing on the configurator?.. I see the disable fog checkbox, but nothing else about fov, or pitch etc.

Another potential clue is a recent comment under nexusmods grimcam saying;

"If you want this mod as a standalone in 2021 you simply need to edit one letter in the Engine.def and recompile .dll and .exe. (Don’t worry, the makefile has you covered.)It is no longer “QAEPAVGraphicsEngine” but “QBEPAVGraphicsEngine"So the Engine.def should read:LIBRARY Engine.dllEXPORTS_ZN4GAME7gEngineE==?gEngineGAME3PAVEngine1A_ZN4GAME6Engine17GetGraphicsEngineEv==?GetGraphicsEngineEngineGAMEQBEPAVGraphicsEngine 2XZ_ZN4GAME14GraphicsEngine9EnableFogEb==?EnableFog GraphicsEngine@GAME QAEX_NZ”

I use a xbox controller too, which when the GrimCam files are copied to the base game directory, with GI installed, the rightstick ‘control camera’ stops working…

Thank you!

GrimCam has its own .ini file; there you can change the fov and pitch of the cam.
Also it is not necessary to launch GrimCam.exe separated when using GI.

1 Like

Thank you !!! It works, and it’s awesome!.. I’m so pumped about this game.

Turns out all I needed to do was verify game files. 4 files failed and needed to be reacquired - which took all of 1 second - and voila. Pinned GI to taskbar, launched game and it works fine.

Can the ‘mainmenuzoom’ camera keys be used to raise the vertical camera height in game?

I am playing in 3rd person, and the player is centered a bit too much… I see it works on the menu screen:thinking:

not exactly sure what you mean, but instead of mousewheel up/down you can set ofc pgUP/pgDOWN (or any other keys) as keys for the camera hight in GrimDawns Keyconfig.
If you need more exotic stuff, Autohotkey is your friend, that allows sophisticated remappings

Grim Internals has an option to zoom / move the camera in the main menu for cool screenshots.

Is it possible to create a function where items (equipment) used in crafting are somehow marked?

bump this one ive sold equips not realizing they could be used for crafting.

Add: dang tqfan thats some work tx. it would be nice if there was some easy way to access that info while in game. so you can check before you sell.