[Tool] Grim Internals

Then I have no clue what’s wrong.

No.

Dang, I’ll try a couple more times. Thanks for the quick responses.

1 Like

Sometimes it helps by simply restarting Windows… at least it is worth a try.

Did you add the GrimInternals.exe as a Non-Steam game as in the Installation Description in the first page ? And followed the rest of the instructions there ?

I don’t have it on Steam but on GOG and had a bit of trouble to get it all working the first time around as well. With GlockenGerda’s help had to make a new executable in the GOG Properties for the game to make it work properly.

Another option, as it being Steam, is to verify the game files, start game normally and then try installing GI once again ? Verifying files sometimes resolves errors with Steam Games I noticed. :rofl:

Hello. I have a new idea:) Is it possible to make it so that HealthBars is displayed for everyone, but at the same time HealthValues are displayed only for Hero Monster+ ?

Isn’t this exactly what you see already on the screen when you enable the game health bars and make the changes I told you in my above post or do I not understand it correctly?

About the same, but I use the HealthBar from the game. Hence the question, if you use the health panels from Grim Internals, how can you leave the numeric values only for Hero Monster+ ?

No you can’t have GI’s health bars enabled for all monster but the numeric values be supposed to be shown only on Heroes/Bosses; either all of them have the numeric values on or none of them.

I don’t have health bars for trash mobs enabled anyways (only for Heroes+) because otherwise there would be way too much stuff on the screen (for my poor eyes).

Help me I have the game but not the dlc.
are dlcs necessary?

my version

No, dlcs are not necessary, but be sure the game is an official version.

I have bought the game on steam.
I will try reinstalling.Thanks

I understand you, thank you.

1 Like

I had added it as a non-steam game, I used to just keep a shortcut on my desktop, but wanted to clean it up. I ended up just uninstalling grim dawn, reinstalling, redownloading GI, and it works now. Not sure what was going on with that first try, but it’s solved.

Hey everyone, I having some difficulity gettingGI to work on my machine. I followed thee instructions on the first post, I thought to the tee so I thought “hey prolly just a restart issue”, restarted Win10. Launched GI that I have in my install dir along with the x64 folder with a GD.exe in it .The problem that consistently comes up is I have two characters that I ran Dawn of Masteries on. Oh and I have cloud synch off on the GD steam properties and the game itself.

Sorry sidetracked, so the problem is with my characters and my main who I wanted to try out Crucible with, will not show up under the character screen. My other toon will tho, I can pull up crucible with my lvl 25 guy no problem it’s just my main won’t appear on the toon selection screen. I think I have searched everywhere for solutions and I have found quite a few just none that will resolve this issue with my man. I also, made sure they are in the save folder which is in docs/my games/and so on. I checked the other save folder localdisk/steam and so on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So you have two characters, but only one shows up in the character selection screen?
If you start Grim Dawn without GI than both characters are visible?
That’s weird, I’ve never heard of such a problem when using GI (especially when Cloud save is off).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and amazing work by the way. I actually finally figured it out this morning at like 6am. Somehow my save folders got out of whack with each other. I probably copied them over each other at some point and somehow I got two different characters with the same name, so I fixed that issue…sort of.

I got the mod to load and work. My main is there along with the other toon but when I select Crucible from the options, my main disappears. Crazy, this is after a fresh install and multiple restarts. I’m glad the mod is working but still no Crucible.

It’s gotta be a problem with the save files though. Thanks for the reply too!

1 Like

Crucible doesn’t work with mod characters by default.
By mod character I mean with mod flag checked (which can be seen in GDStash), visible in Custom Game only.
Unless you run GI with command line that enables Crucible for a mod (see OP)

1 Like

After I read your first post again, could it be that you want to play Crucible with your ‘Dawn of Masteries’ character?
So you start GI with the parameter ‘/Mod:DoM’ and your main campaign character disappeared?
That’s normal; you can’t play Crucible with your main char when GI has activated the Crucible-Mode for Custom mods…
Only custom mods characters are listed in the selection screen.

When you want to play Crucible with your main campaign character just start GI normal; without any parameter.

@tqFan You were faster… I was fiddling around with the Google Translator. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m having trouble getting the enemy names to show how I’d like. I want to see health bars for all enemies, but only names for bosses and nemesis (or just nemesis). I think I have the settings how they should be, but I still see all hero names too.