[Tool] Grim Internals

well there is your problem, this version of GI is for the beta patch.

" Grim Internals (x64) v1.99e for latest GD Public Playtest ( August 6 ) version."
that would be game version 1.1.9.2

Tried it and just the same, OpenProcess() failed

Ehm… no. Read my post properly.
I said i used “d”, not “e”. I tried “e” after seeing D wasn’t working, and i even said that obviously E was failing due to not beign the right version.

Right now i’m trying to use Item Assist and it doesn’t work either, even with Adm privileges (just like Grim Internals).
I have “Dawn of masteries” modpack. I added the “Rainbow Filter” and they work perfectly.

I’m seeing that i only have problems with programs which need elevated permission to work.

I have 3 SSDs, 1 for OS and software (were, for example, i have Steam installed and Item Assist) and 2 configured RAID 0 (so, 1 for who doesn’t understand) for games (were, for example, i have steam library where Grim Dawn is installed and where Grim Internals’ files are located).
It shouldn’t have any kind of impact on making them fail but i don’t know, maybe it throws some useful info on finding what’s happening.

No need for redoing the .ini file.
The name in the different font is shown by GD itself, not by GI.
As you know, GD has incorporated the health bars and player names
in v1.1.4.0; but I don’t know if you could disable the MP names in the
Game Options (I haven’t tried it, because usually I don’t play MP).

Something is preventing GI to open the GD process; I don’t know how to help you
in this case.

I’m gonna do 2 last things to see if it works, one that is the number 1 rule of any IT support like me, reboot the PC, and if it still fails, i’ll close every single useless process i have on the background and try again.

you dont have windows defender either?

Nope, i tried to deactivate it completely and it didn’t work, but it seems it was a typical “reboot and fixed” problem.

Ok… and one more time, the most hated tip is the one that works.
After rebooting my PC now it works, even without Admin privileges. And now Item Assistant works too.

Something in windows (like always) was not allowing changes to be made on my files.

Thanks for your time though! You made an amazing mod :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@GlockenGerda
yes i know for the names etc but they cant be disabled in game options :frowning:
I thought we had the option to remove them back then :confused:
anw no worries then

@GlockenGerda
Grim Internals still works after today’s update (yet my TributeFreezer didn’t).

1 Like

@GlockenGerda
Still working with August 14 build.

I bet the next Public Beta Test Build will change that. :face_with_monocle:

Hello,

It seems there is a new update on the beta branch and GI not working anymore with v1.99e

Grim Internals v1.99e for latest GD Public Playtest Build (August 20).
Download-Link (MEGA)

5 Likes

Grim Internals still works (August 27 update).

2 Likes

Thx! Here is a virtual reward for testing! :smile:

Reward

2 Likes

@GlockenGerda
Hello. I don’t know much English, so I use a translator. How can I make sure that the heroes and bosses also show numerical values of hp ? MonsterHealthHideValues is set to False. At the same time, normal monsters have HP indicators, but bosses do not appear. They only appear when HideHealthBars=False. But I like to use the HealthBar that is in the game, but at the same time I would like to see the numerical values of the hp of the bosses.

So you want health values be shown only for boss monsters without displaying the health bar?

That’s a bit tricky, but here are the steps:

1. Open GrimInternals.ini with an text editor.
    Search for “[HealthBarMonsterHero+]” and set the width and height for the health bar to 0 and save the file.

2. When you are in-game open the Configurator and select “Boss Monster” (or Hero Monster+ if you want heroes and bosses) from the dropdown box.
    Also be sure that “Hide All HealthBars” is unchecked.

Now Bosses should look like:

1 Like

thank you very much, I will try to do it.

1 Like

I keep getting an error saying “Copy Griminternals64.exe and GriminternalsDll64.dll to the [Grim dawn installation] folder!” but I copied both of those to (C:) > Programfiles (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > common > Grim Dawn, and they show up there when I scroll through that folder. Is there something else I need to do? I’ve used this mod before but I just got a new computer and am downloading it for the first time on this one.

GI tries to start “x64/Grim Dawn.exe”.
If it is not found there, GI will assume that it is in the wrong directory.
For this reason, GI prints the error message.
So be sure that there is a x64 folder containing the Grim Dawn.exe.

I looked in the x64 folder and it appears to be there, unless this is not it.

Would I need to copy the GI files into the x64 folder too?