[Tool] Grim Internals

lol - I can totally understand that feeling as well at times with my own stuff. Sometimes you get to the point where it just feels so disjointed and “hacked” together it’s easy to say “Fuggit, I’m rewriting it from scratch!”.

Well, if you ever do decide to start rewriting it let me know and I’ll be happy to test it out as you go along with it.

They just asked another question here…

…but I’m guessing the only way to change the audio cue for that would be to extract and remove it from resource files in the data folder for GI? Which would be a little bit of surgery for them - unless there is a simpler way?

heh - i just tried extracting your sound.arc with the archivetool… doesn’t seem to work. Hmm.

Whoops scratch that… it’s because I had GI and the game running lol

Ok I created a blank wav file and gave it to him and told him to create a “Sound” folder (in Settings) and put the wav (named nemesisalert.wav) in the folder and that should work right?

At the moment there is no simple way to disable the Nemesis audio alert,
but in the Q&A there is a section that describes how someone can replace the Nemesis audio file.

Mhmm, is there really someone out there who dislike Beethoven? :face_with_monocle:

i just edited the end of my last post… would that work what i came up with?

Thank you very much!
Perhaps one day we’ll see GI v2.0 (or GI Reloaded!) :wink:

1 Like

That should work.

1 Like

Cool - thought it might :slight_smile:

Not at all, in fact i’m a big fan of the “Unfinished Symphonies” including B’s 5th (which was an excellent choice btw) and my favorite, Schubert’s 8th – the thing is that i always have music playing already, and the visual queue is more than sufficient. Thanks for your hard work, you are an MVP <3

1 Like

My question wasn’t meant seriously either …
I chose Beethoven back then for the sfx alarm because of a user suggestion.

I’m glad you solved the problem with the help of our nice guy @powbam !

1 Like

BamPow is a pillar of the community, to be sure – always willing to help puzzle something out where i’m stuck, lost, or just in over my head. He also makes nice things for us and doesn’t ask for money.

On the note of “feature creep” perhaps a new version of griminternal could someday have a separate volume control (at least in the .ini) for the Nem alert? Going through the .ini shows how thoughtful you were so far, and i’m grateful for the level of control we have in simply editing a text file (which i’m thankfully familiar with).

2 Likes

Grim Internals (x64) v1.99e for latest GD Public Playtest (August 6) version.
Download-Link (MEGA)

6 Likes

damn glocky… setting release records today aintchya?

1 Like

The GD patch just came in time before my bed time :wink:
Also there were no relevant data structures changes in GD, so I didn’t need to
patch GI (except the file size check).

1 Like

1.99d is not working for me. Throws an OpenProcess() Failed
Tried 1.99e and it’s saying wrong version (logic, my version is updated on 3-Aug and 99e is for 6-aug)

• executed it with adm priv
  • executed it w/o adm priv
  • executed it from steam w/o d3d9 param
  • executed it from steam with d3d9 param
  • executed it with GD opened
  • executed it w/o GD opened

Yes, i have c++2k15

I don’t know if i’m still doing something wrong or if it’s just not working, but reading comments it seems to work

and are on the GD open beta patch?

add GI in the antivirus exceptions ?

Is it me or i get duplicate of the name when multiplayering.
i recall this was fixed back then? :x

Which GI version you’re on?
Can you post a screenshot?
I haven’t heard about this issue before… (Am I so forgetful already? :sweat: )

No

I don’t use antivirus, just winDefender and it tells you when it has blocked something

1.99d (1993 in ini version check). Is the one promoted on the 1st page where it say “new version”.

(had to do a paint print scr because i’m not allowed to post more than 1 scr)

My questions were meant for @Darkstalix.
I’m sorry for the confusion!

@MasterTeixi Can you switch to the Open Beta GD v1.1.9.2 and test GI v1.99e?
Just to see if your problem persist.

@GlockenGerda
199d
No worries i was away for so long maybe i have messed up my ini
take a look above Freeze’s name
looks like its using different font too?

dont break your head over it tho ill try redoing the ini tomorrow just in case