[Tool] Grim Internals

For some reason Alt+F5 is not opening the menu (and yes I’m in game, not at the main start menu).
I’m running the game in Windows 11 inside a Parallels VM on a Macbook M1 Pro, but I’m not sure that’s the issue as other keys in-game work just fine (it still couldbe). Is there any other way to open the configuration menu to check which options are checked/not checked ? I guess I could open the configuration file and edit manually but I’d prefer to use the GUI if possible

it’s CTRL+f5

Sorry I meant CTRL+F5 as per the instructions. Had a brain fart there. I can’t get the configuration menu to pop up at all.

I start the game via the GI executable (I can tell since I get the animal character). I’m in town when I try CTRL+F5. Nothing happens. I’m using v 1.107 PT and v1.1.96 of the game.

Updating game to 1.1.97 did not resolve the issue

already there you have an issue, this shouldn’t be possible and GI should launch giving you an error of version mismatch

i’d have no idea what’s wrong or going on, and my only suggestion would be to make sure folder and path is correct/do a reinstall maybe after a clean wipe (if you’re using mods you can just copy those folders out)

i’ve no idea if AV can partially interfere with GI, or if it’s like a mixup with install/path, pressing the wrong button was just an easy spot from the typo, but what would cause GI to launch and not be able to access config when right buttons are pressed i wouldn’t know - i’d imagine stuff like borderless or windowed mode wouldnt’ affect it, but just tossing out rando possibilities at this point

I updated the game to 1.1.9.7 so it goes with GI v 1.107 PT. It didn’t solve the issue. It could be some weird stuff. I guess I’ll just work with the ini file instead of the GUI.

Did you use GDAutocaster while pressing Ctrl + F5? If so, try w/o it.

And what about system requirements with this setting, how much worse is it?

I don’t have autocaster running atm, just so I could rule that out. It might be something funky with the keyboard within a vm. I have that happen in another game. It’s annoying but the ink file is a workaround I’ll just have to live with.

I would say try running GI with Administrator privileges and see if that resolves it. If not the only other option I can think is maybe have tqfan write you an autohotkey script to change Ctrl+F5 to a different hotkey since, unfortunately, GI’s hotkey is not changeable via the ini file.

I would think that would get around the problem with the VM, assuming the VM is the heart of the issue. Tho I could be wrong and the issue might persist regardless. In that case you might have to dig in the VM settings and see if there is a keybinding currently overriding it.

I thought and tried that too (in both GDAutocaster and simple AHK) but I didn’t succeed. Not saying there’s isn’t a way to do it.

… a bit :slight_smile: But ofc, depends heavily on your system.

Why was the playtest version removed from this post?

It’s not removed. The link is now for the full release of 1.1.9.7 which has been out since early December.

I don’t remember the source of this paragraph, but I hope it can help you.

1 Like

Well that’s handy dandy. I simply searched the thread for some of the text in your image…

The post was a while ago tho… so gunna have to test to verify that it’s still possible.

Here’s the first time Glocken mentions the capability…

It’s still in the current config so I think it should work:

[Configurator]
VK_F1=112
VK_F5=116
ScaleFactor=1.25

[edit] I’ll test it

[edit2] yes it does

[edit3] ok, I got a funny one - put VK_F5=17 there and you can activate the configurator with just Ctrl :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey there guys , i am looking for some advice cause i run out f ideas and found my self in a dead end.

downloaded the zip file from the top of the thread,

and extracted it into the game folder it self. i then run the game from steam , alt+tab and run the GI.exe from the installation forlder.

and i get this error :

did also verify files for the game, reinstalled the vc++ files too , nothing seems to work…

any ideas would be much appreciated <3

You don’t have to do that, just run GrimInternals64.exe.

but it says to first run the steam game and after the GI no?

It says that you have to start the Steam program, not the game on Steam.