[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

if you are happy with the fullRainbow as it is, you won’t have to use the exe, if you want to make changes to it you have to change the files and that’s where the tool makes things easier.
So as long as there is an up-to-date zip and you don’t want to change anything, you can just use that. Eventually the tool will have auto updating for files etc, so you wouldn’t even have to worry about updating the files, but for now it mostly just makes updating them easier.

Hello, I am already playing for a few days with the Fullrainbow variant and the German translation.

When I play the Forgotten Gods act, I also get items displayed in olive green as if they were MI. They do not seem to be one. These items even drop quite often.

Since I do not understand much of the way the tool works but just use it for dyeing, I would like to know why. Do you know one?

Thank you

There isn’t much I can do to verify whether or not it’s an issue with the tool, unless I have the item’s name.

This is a good place to check if an item is MI
https://www.grimtools.com/db/

If you’re having an issue setting the path inside the tool, see if you are still running Grim Dawn, if so close Grim Dawn and restart the tool. I cannot get the files required for the change as long as Grim Dawn is running.

The next update will have warnings inside the tool, but no fix for it. I don’t see a reason to find a fix for this issue, since you’ll have to restart Grim Dawn after updating the colors anyway :wink:

Is there another way to get Full Rainbow until the link is updated? :upside_down_face:

FullRainbow Finished version

This is a finished version for people who have trouble using tools.
It is recommended to download and use WanezTool from OP if you do not hesitate to use the tool.

3 Likes

Thank you!

We can use the release from github here: https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools/releases/tag/v0.2.2

Disregard the post from my new account, somehow the server caught up and is spamming me with everything and continues to do so. 48h old emails are finally here, so if you are also waiting for an email it might just come in the next few days :sweat_smile:

OP updated to the new format.
Pictures aren’t loaded from GitHub, so I might have to upload them here directly.

1 Like

Pictures can now upload via drag’n’drop … see here: New Forum FAQ ! :wink:

1 Like

I’m glad your name came back. During the forum transition, it seems that some people have lost it.

The new forum is HTML-style, and it’s convenient if you get used to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, was hoping I could just display images from GitHub, but external sites are blocked, probably. I’ll get to it when I have the time, for now people can use “Open image in new tab” in Chrome.

Thanks, me too :smiley:
makes things easier for everybody, because now I don’t have to start harassing mods to lock old threads.

Yeah, I got excited when I saw it allowed markdown. I’m so used to it and I started using Typora to write as markdown on the fly, converting texts to the old format was annoying.

If there is a site you’d like to display images from then send Zantai or Rhis a message requesting it perhaps. After the old forums recent incidents I believe they are allowing image sharing from external sources on a request basis… so, let 'em know and they’ll likely whitelist it for ya.

1 Like

yep, I might do that later.

1 Like

Thanks!

Didn’t realize a new version came out… (was still using 1.1.2.3)

Mod that color affix / suffix? Any help pls ?

@Jia_Hao - I moved your post into the relevant thread - go to the top for directions.

Hello lovely people - do I need to update the Item Filter mod because of the release of 1.1.3.0? :smiley:

Yes, you do. Take a look.

1 Like