[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

I’m not aware of anything like that in GD (if that’s referring to TL), you can play the game as you would without.

Kind of surprised we don’t have any UI Skin mods here, because it would work in a similar way.

Tool and Files updated for Grim Dawn 1.1.4.0.

Tool v.0.3.2 Change Log
  • Changed: Preset Basic Highlighting now has symbols for Set Items disabled, any existing copies you have based on the old preset won’t be affected, however, creating a copy now and making changes will disable said symbol for it.
  • Bug Fix: Creating a Zip ready for uploading was creating the wrong directory structure inside the Zip.
  • Bug Fix: Text field for setting Grim Dawn Path is now empty when no path is set, instead of false (this has no functional changes only visually to avoid confusion).
  • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Cold Properties were not receiving color changes. (Russian Localization)
3 Likes

Having an issue loading settings in the tool, Is this still an issue or perhaps I am just having bad luck? Pretty sure I can’t use the colors I want without setting the directory. A image of the settings screen from the tool I currently have:

any suggestions as to how I would fix this?

if it can’t even load that page it usually means it couldn’t load the file requirements, since nothing has changed and I just tried it myself (by deleting user data), I’ll assume it’s the same reason GD settings aren’t saved for some with the more recent windows 10 versions.

I was able to reproduce it by changing the user data folder to Read-only, which is similar to what the win firewall would do. Since I have my own firewall which deactivates the one from win10 I cannot test it.
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\wanezgdtools
you could try this: Cannot Make Option Changes

Decided to delete everything from the tool, both the installation directory of the tool and the

folder. After having a fresh install I was able to see the settings section load so whatever was wrong is no longer an issue. Time to get customization on despite only going to be using a few select colors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to ask if it would be possible to add an extra text after a skill on item. For example if an item has +2 to Cadence it would show as +2 to Cadence (Soldier only)

Diablo 2 had this
d2

I am relatively new player (playing the game like for 3 week) and I have a blast, but this small QoL change would make it easier for me to check items and their value for me.

Not without changing the skill text itself, I might add an option to the tool for it.

1 Like

No.

Here the sting for it: ItemSkillIncrement={+%d0} {^E}to {%s1}

This must be change by Crate…

This would be an acceptable solution in my case. The changed text in skill tree would not bother me as much.

I’m trying to use this mod but the settings won’t load localizations. Any ideas with this? Tried searching here but nothing shows

The tool only changes existing localizations on your computer, therefore those located inside the localization folder of Grim Dawn, the easiest way to get the files is through the in-game installation for your language. It will also have a working *.def file which could also be the result of no localizations showing up inside the tool.

Ah I’m sorry. I know very little when it comes to this :sweat_smile:

Where do I find latest localizations? Folder is empty. Is that the only way this mod works?

By downloading over the options … :wink:

No … see 1st posting …

dot dot dot yer nan

The latest translations can usually be downloaded from the game options. If your language is not there, you may want to contact a translator in your country using this forum translation thread.

Wherever you get the latest translations, WanzTools will recognize them if you put them in the Grim Dawn\localization folder.

If you are playing in English you don’t have to worry about localizations and leave it unchecked.

patch 1.1.4.1 broke the rainbow. :frowning:

I updated the files last night, just didn’t make a new reply for it.

For everyone using the tool, it doesn’t need an update, just use Save Colors to update the files for missing tags.

4 Likes

Thanks for your hard work, and yes that’s the first thing i do, thats why i appreciate the Tool over the other way where you need to wait for the next zip uploaded and stuff. It’s like one button wonder and the shit is fixed…

1 Like

Can anyone help a noobie out with what to look out for with this mod installed? As a new player it seems great, it’s very nice to look at, but I don’t actually know what I should be looking for lol

For example in this picture you uploaded: here the white text in the middle means it’s common and I can safely sell it? and the green and yellow is just the normal color rarities you’d see without the mod, is that correct?