[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

‘‘If you use the individual files, they are only for the English version. That’s why nothing seems to happen to you.
If you play with a translation, you have to !!! to use the tool and then it’s easy:’’

I dont know what u mean with individual files, i just enter in the game the first time and changed language in french thats a translation right ? if it is not how to to play with a translation and not use individual files anymore ?
i downladed first this file[Full Rainbow for Grim Dawn v1.1.3.1] that i put in grim dawn folder
So after download and run the tool i go in settings and i put this path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn = path must be wrong
then i tried this :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\settings\text_en witch = path must be wrong
so i dont know what to do

tanks for answer so fast

OK it works now
In the tool at Settings enter your Grim Dawn path
usually / Programex86 / Steam / Steamapps / Common / GrimDawn.

In the tool settings select your Zip file translation, this field is gray, if you have selected the German zip it is displayed in green.

Then select the desired template from the library in the tool, in your case Full Rainbow, press “Save Colors”, you will see a popup that creates this zip file.

all those done i saw the litle pop-up with zipfiles and then what i need to do ? where i find the zip file where i put it ?
After seing the pop-up i closed the tool started the game nothing changed .

ok i needed to change language in fench full rainbow OMG FINNALY tank you TEAN101 !!

1 Like

I updated the OP’s instructions, due to the most recent issues.

Style Details

Making a list surprisingly fixed an issue I had with This One using the width of the post unless I was using a workaround which forced it to be in a new line and making it look odd.
I’m also using <hr> at the start and end of details, I think it makes it easier to see what is part of it. Styling is limited or even non-existent otherwise using a slightly different background color or border would do the trick.

1 Like

Do you plan on anything like notification for affix item drop in the game, like the one in grim internal?

I’ll think about it when GI is actually gone and nothing else is going to replace it.

1 Like

Hi, cold damage type doesnt have its colour changed in russian localization. Everything else works fine.

Thanks for the report.

It seems the russian localization has an additional file which is getting the color changes for cold.

I’ll fix it with the next update.

So does this flag the game as a mod or what? It should just be an overlay, right?

I’m not aware of anything like that in GD (if that’s referring to TL), you can play the game as you would without.

Kind of surprised we don’t have any UI Skin mods here, because it would work in a similar way.

Tool and Files updated for Grim Dawn 1.1.4.0.

Tool v.0.3.2 Change Log
  • Changed: Preset Basic Highlighting now has symbols for Set Items disabled, any existing copies you have based on the old preset won’t be affected, however, creating a copy now and making changes will disable said symbol for it.
  • Bug Fix: Creating a Zip ready for uploading was creating the wrong directory structure inside the Zip.
  • Bug Fix: Text field for setting Grim Dawn Path is now empty when no path is set, instead of false (this has no functional changes only visually to avoid confusion).
  • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Cold Properties were not receiving color changes. (Russian Localization)
3 Likes

Having an issue loading settings in the tool, Is this still an issue or perhaps I am just having bad luck? Pretty sure I can’t use the colors I want without setting the directory. A image of the settings screen from the tool I currently have:

any suggestions as to how I would fix this?

if it can’t even load that page it usually means it couldn’t load the file requirements, since nothing has changed and I just tried it myself (by deleting user data), I’ll assume it’s the same reason GD settings aren’t saved for some with the more recent windows 10 versions.

I was able to reproduce it by changing the user data folder to Read-only, which is similar to what the win firewall would do. Since I have my own firewall which deactivates the one from win10 I cannot test it.
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\wanezgdtools
you could try this: Cannot Make Option Changes

Decided to delete everything from the tool, both the installation directory of the tool and the

folder. After having a fresh install I was able to see the settings section load so whatever was wrong is no longer an issue. Time to get customization on despite only going to be using a few select colors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to ask if it would be possible to add an extra text after a skill on item. For example if an item has +2 to Cadence it would show as +2 to Cadence (Soldier only)

Diablo 2 had this
d2

I am relatively new player (playing the game like for 3 week) and I have a blast, but this small QoL change would make it easier for me to check items and their value for me.

Not without changing the skill text itself, I might add an option to the tool for it.

1 Like

No.

Here the sting for it: ItemSkillIncrement={+%d0} {^E}to {%s1}

This must be change by Crate…

This would be an acceptable solution in my case. The changed text in skill tree would not bother me as much.

I’m trying to use this mod but the settings won’t load localizations. Any ideas with this? Tried searching here but nothing shows

The tool only changes existing localizations on your computer, therefore those located inside the localization folder of Grim Dawn, the easiest way to get the files is through the in-game installation for your language. It will also have a working *.def file which could also be the result of no localizations showing up inside the tool.