[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

Is it possible we’ll get a new update for 1.1.9.1? Because seeing “tag not found” is kind of annoying.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

IIrc 1.1.9.1 didn’t add any new items to the game so you need to do this.

Oh my, thank you. I see the “Writing colors…” bit, how long does that usually take?

Not long I would guess, but I don’t use the tool so can’t say for sure.

You shouldn’t be seeing that info text long enough to write a message here, even on a toaster like the one I use myself. Something got stuck and hard to tell what without more information. There are a few solutions for it in this Thread or on Discord if you want to use the search.

However, the 1.1.9.0 files are fine, if they didn’t fix it for you make sure you replaced the correct files. I’d suggest you remove the files entirely and check ingame if the colors are gone and then place the 1.1.9.0 files. I recall cases of user having both the GoG and Steam version installed or just placing the new files in the wrong folder. The only time you would be “forced” to use the tool is right after an update, before I got the chance to update the files (mainly due to sleep).

The issue was on my end. I did some stupid stuff after install, copying old Grim Internals and stuff. I reinstalled, applied everything and now I have 0 issues. It was entirely on my end.

1 Like

Loving this mod but noticed something recently that I thought I ask about. A few levels ago I got a Rare Off Hand from Rolderathi’s, but at first I didn’t think he dropped it because the text for the Tome was all Yellow, as if it was a Magic Item. Didn’t think of taking a screenshot then but got another drop yesterday, which actually shows as a [MI+] (which is in White text as can be seen when on the ground, but green in the description) but all the text is Yellow once again, like it would be a Magic Item. It is also a Rare Off-Hand again, and not seen any other green items with pure Yellow Text.

So, is it suppose to be like this on some items or a bug of some sort ?

It’s odd the color is different on the ground, maybe the plus breaks something.
I don’t recall putting [MI+] to anything so I assume you either used the Special Highlighting feature of the tool or edited the files yourself. Somehow weird it’s before the prefix rather than before the MI name. I also checked my files and it has the colors set correctly.
I think the only time I used [] was for set pieces and they don’t come with a prefix (iirc) so their formatting is different, it’s possible [MI+] simply breaks the text formatting.

1 Like

The “[MI+]” in front of the item name is part of the tool Grim Internals.
The purpose for displaying is to help those who do not have the rainbow filter installed and still want to recognize MIs with rare affixes at first glance.
But GI doesn’t change the color of items nor the affixes, so I assume
that @Beuwolf is using a special rainbow filter version.

@Beuwolf Start Grim Dawn without Grim Internals and see if the issue persists.

2 Likes

I started the game by double clicking on the GrimDawn exe file, that would be the same as without Grim Internal, right ? I didn’t see the [MI+] or the additional info on the left so presuming it is the same as not using the GI ? Asking because I noticed the Executable shortcut you helped me figure out some time ago (using GOG launcher) was not in use, just the normal GOG Executable but Grim Internals has been working flawless anyway, when using the GOG launcher. So that made me a bit confused when I saw that ! :rofl:

In any case, the same item is still all Yellow in Text as can be seen on the two screenies.

So seeing that item on the ground you would think it is a Magic item. :thinking:

@WareBare Sorry for the confusion about the [MI+], didn’t think of mentioning I am also using Grim Internals. And I have not done any editing of the Rainbow files either. Just did a quick check but there is a couple more items that should be Monster Infrequent (think that’s what they called ?) that are just in Yellow Text, when I moved the mouse cursor over them. The tooltips still showing different colors for damage, abilities and resistances, as you can see in the screenshot above.

GI is used by the vast majority using mods/tools, I just had no idea it was adding [MI+] now. :slight_smile: And GI normally doesn’t break anything for Rainbow, so it never even crossed my mind.

In any case I suspect your files are not having the color codes, but since I don’t upload the files with Mastery names and you are having the Mastery names in the screenshots, the tool was used to create custom files either by you or you got it from somewhere else. If you used the tool generate them again using one of the default presets in the library or you can download the files (links in first post), since you have the “tags_skills.txt” you will still have those Mastery names.
The prefix has the color set, that’s why the color is changed to yellow, but neither the MI nor the suffix has a color, that makes the entire name yellow.

I only used your tool and did as instructed in your first post, save the currently selected color preset (Full Rainbow). I redid it earlier and now it is showing it like this.

So no clue as to why it was showing all Yellow Text earlier but is not doing it now, although it still showing the Mastery Names as you can see. At least after the re-installation they are now showing the colors as they should.

Thank you for your assistance, should have thought of reinstalling the mod myself, but you live and learn. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hello man, thanks for the mod cuz it is so helpful like it reduces a lot of headaches for me since before its hard to tell which one which. But i do have a question like i have 2 legendaries fiendflesh greaves and soulrend. But both items have different color as in their main item name (excluding the mythical part), why is that happening?

Soulrend is a Legendary MI.

ah okay thanks

Mr. WareBare, I look forward to your 1.1.9.2 version of Rainbow!

(It’s on my “essentials” list… along with Grim Internals and Grim UI)

Many thanks!! :smiley:

No update needed from GD v1.1.9.0 → v1.1.9.2 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello,
First thank you for this mod , it seems really interesting. Especially for a beginner like me who tries to understand how good are the objects that I’m picking.
Unfortunately, I can’t manage to make the mod work, I hope somebody can help me.
Some details : I do not use any other mod, my game is in French, bought from GOG (path of the game is D:/GOG Galaxy/Games/Grim Dawn) , win X64 .
I installed the tool and followed the guidelines. Launched the tool in admin. (the steam path (optionnal) is left blank). Used localization to set the french langage. Selected full rainbow, saved color. “No errors!” (it is a good thing, right?) . Launched the game through the icon of the tool.
Once inside the game, the objects are still displayed as the vanilla version of the game (all green, all yellow…).
What am I missing? (I can provide screenshots if that helps)
Thank you in advance for your help. :smiley:

Have you changed the language to the colored French version? After saving the colors you should have two French Localizations to choose from, one is the non-colored version you downloaded and the other is the colored version generated by the program.

Thank you! I am new to ARPG and Grim Dawn is my ARPG so thanks for making this beauty!!

1 Like