TPOM's Grimarillion Build Compendium, Featuring Pets

I am using the regular Steam screenshot capture; with a fairly small laptop, it’s hard to create clearer screenshots than what I have. Generally, builds like this are leveled by placing the majority of your points in your main skill and buffs, and then respec your points at the Spirit Guide once you start to get your gear together.

I saw on your Twitch channel that you’re playing my Witch Doctor + Hunting build. In that case, you’re doing right focusing on the Zombie Dogs and Fetish Army; once you get some pet gear that gives you %pet damage, focus on Swampland Attunement and Hunting’s healing skill to give you and your pets more sturdiness. For skills like Zombie Dogs that end up being at 16/16, the practice is to invest 16/16 in them while you’re starting out, and only once you start to get the Zunimassa’s set or a bunch of +1 to all skills jewelry do you respec points away from them using the Spirit Guide. Pet builds are harder to level than other builds because pet gear is hard to come by; I didn’t check your devotions, but I remember starting out with Scorpion’s Sting bound to your dogs (it’s been over a year since I wrote it, haha) and Shepherd’s Crook and using that as your main damage ability as you level up your devotion abilities and reach more devotion shrines.

i usually use faction gear plus drops. :slight_smile: I do a lot of pet builds lol. i will keep going. thank you for your reply.

You didn’t list augments?

Can anyone tell me how to farm the Armor of Akkhan set?

Hello People!
I dont know where to press reply so i have done it here,sorry for my english.

I wish to post my build of Soul Weaver, this is D3 Necromancer and Spirit classes of Grimallion

Im almost lvl 36 and i played Normal+veteran before i moved to Elite, and there are +40 lvl stuff hehe…
My group of summons get 1 aura from me and i have 2 more auras just working just on me, so better to stay together and not let your skelets spread and fight alone and surrounded, but if anything gets killed i can summon new instantly and repeating, so my band just steamrolls everything and i dont even need to atack myself but i advice you to do so in tough situations.

1 Like

I’m running Dawn of Masteries and having a hard time finding a few items. I even tried using GDStash to look them up, but they aren’t showing there or on the vendors. Specifically I’m looking for the Divine Druid’s Mantle(shoulder) and the Divine Druid’s Totem(amulet) from the Nature/Storm build. Is it possible they’ve been removed in DoM?

Also is the crafting satyr removed in DoM? I’m trying to get the Sky Nomad chest armor mentioned in that build as well, but not sure where to look for that either.

Thanks for any help!

A lot of builds listed but really no info on what is good or bad. Or what devotions are used on what. Seems some links are messed up. Skeleton overload for example. Also seems most grimtools links are blank.

1 Like

Grimtools does not have the capacity to show full links for mods, so I use the images to grab how you’re supposed to allocate your skills, and the Grimtools link is meant to show how you’re supposed to spend your devotion points. Since you can’t get the modded skills in Grimtools, I can’t really show what you’re supposed to bind your devotions to, but for the most part devotion bindings are the lowest-cost in terms of experimentation.

Grimarillion is going to come with a massive update in the near-ish future, so I’ve put my modded stuff on hold until the next update comes out. I’ve been working on other projects in the mean-time, and eventually, I want to replace my images and such with videos, but I don’t have the hardware yet to make good videos, so this is the best way I can explain my builds for the time being.

2 Likes

Hi TPOM, what do you consider a few of the strongest builds here? I’m about to level up the Oathkeeper/Champion as that looks like a blast. Also started the Nature/Storm but ran into gear issues, and still working on the GD Necro/D3 Necro and really enjoying it.

Thanks for the work you put into this! There arent many builds floating around for the awesome mods we have.

1 Like

Hi TPOM I was just getting started with Grimarillion and your barbarian + Defense looked interesting but it said that the devotions were coming soon but that was in April of 2020 so was wondering if there was an update on that?

As Grim Dawn is nearing its last content patch, I’ve been focusing less on the mods and more on the patch updates. I’ve been transferring my build posts from written posts to video form, and it just so happens that I have the video ready for my Barbarian + Defense build and it includes the updated equipment and devotions.

Here is my Youtube channel for Grimarillion builds. I uploaded the Barbarian build to the channel - it will be ready in a few hours. I defeated SR90 with this build roughly a month ago, so it’s still very good even with all the Grimarillion changes.

1 Like

Thank you TPOM!

Hello =]
This is amazing, I adore you =]
just small thing -
the link to the necro+d3 necro isn’t working, had to work hard to get there. For future reference =] thanks!

Thanks for the heads-up. I fixed the broken Skeleton build link. With the general buffs to Necro skeletons, it’s more than capable of standing on its own.

I have gone in and out between playing the regular game and the Grimarillion mod, so I haven’t had the ability to give much attention to this thread. For now, the best way to get updates on particular builds is to follow my Youtube channel listed several posts above me. I have uploaded 2 new videos to the channel:

1. Gameplay video for Witch Doctor + Hunting pets using the Zunimassa’s Set
  2. A new build using Grimer’s Inna’s Set which bolsters the Monk’s Mystic Ally ability, allowing you to summon 4 of them at once.

Unless I specifically tag it as a bit of a meme build (like hybrid pet + player builds), the build should comfortably run SR 75-76 bosses and Misanthropic Grimmest setting (my laptop can’t handle more than that) for maximum loot farming. Thanks to Grimarillion adding ReSkill, some of my older builds which relied on a particular item will be obsolete, and other builds demonstrating the same concept will come and take their place. Once I get the majority of my builds uploaded to Youtube, I’ll come back and clean up this thread.

A special big thanks to @Dammitt for creating Grimtools that works with mods. Now I can provide Grimtools for several builds in this guide.

1. Necromancer + D3 Necromancer Skelemancer (updated to remove Tasker and Theo gloves)
  2. Witch Doctor Acid Fire Bats (Missing the Diablo Amulet, the Belial medal, and Persephone Ring from Grim Quest
  3. Monk + Crusader Seraphim (Missing the Crudest Boots which give points to Mystic Ally, Mantra of Healing, and Epiphany, all used on this build, also missing Divine Blessing of the Gods and Divine Ring of Taranis, which are all Grim Quest items)
  4. Physical Devastation + Bombardment Crusader (Missing ReSkill shield component for even MOAR Meteors)
  5. Vyr’s Amazing Arcana [Wizard + Elementalist] - Missing Divine Prokopios Amulet and Divine Eurydice’s Wedding Band

I’m pretty sure a few D3 items were either switched around or removed, so I will have to update multiple builds to match the current Grimarillion version. I have several builds coming up the pipeline as well, so I may have some new videos coming as well.