[Trap Build] The Mechromancer - Trap based Elementalist

As someone who tried hard to make a good electrocute build, do not attempt it :smiley: I tried numerous class combos and got every source of dot possible, the dots are weak even with a lot of oa/crit/rr and your duration will always be shit which can be annoying

Well yeah, i am certain everyone has attempted it atleast once.

I never understood the problems though until Drizzto explained things to me. Well still better than Vitality decay :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Guide is almost done, i just need to find that spot Xavier recommended for the screenshot. The info regarding the build is complete so go crazy :smiley:

Don’t want to litter the place with another thread so i’ll just ask here

Do player scaling pets also get affected by conversion?

Like if i use Mortar Trap then will Physical To Lightning have any effect on it?

Yes /smd10char

If I had to start from scratch, shouldn’t I go ranged instead?
Seems like a good build for kiting without doing only this of your time :slight_smile:

Grenado is pretty reliable for leveling

Before that collect Searing Ember component and use the granted skill Fireblast

Well it does :rolleyes:
Unless there’s a build that absolutely needs the minimal damage it provides. Even in a crucible map one can live w/o it. The AoE it grants is redundant considering traps cover AoE nicely and single target it grants is non-existent especially since we have Stun Jacks (not even going to mention Grenado here)

Oh and traditional way pairing it with another nuker like Shower or something else is no indication of Apocalypse being a good skill, it’s more like the thing it’s being paired with is good. Individually Apocalypse is not good so pairing it with something else to bring out its potential is just wasted energy not to mention wasted time

Also i miss the original meme, the PC Master Race one got a little too popular people don’t even know that it’s tom cruise in the PC Master Race version

Finally found the location, i was reading the map the wrong way

Guide is complete. Bad ass screen added (location credits to Xavier) :cool:

Nice build as usual. I notice you have signifcantly overcapped Blast Shield. Are there good returns to investing in it past rank 12 ?

Also, the GT link is still missing 1 Survivor’s Ingenuity in the amulet slot and components in the weapon slots :D.

Thanks mate

BS is defense and I play defensively. It suits my playstyle so i keep it like that. Not sure if i need it at that much since this is a “fire and forget” build but I still keep defensive skills at top priority

Going past 12 is definitely needed though 1k Damage Blast Shield is awesome, beyond that is personal preference

I’ll fix GT Link, thanks for informing

Fixed GT Link

I don’t think there is any error now since i cross referenced it with the build itself rather than doing it off the top of my head (yeah, yeah I know i am not supposed to it this way :p)

Hey Chthon,

really like the concept of this build. Just wanted to know. Did you reskill into this build or did you level using skills in your final build? I would assume you’d start demo and push for your trap skills early? Also are quick jacks not a good option with this build? Thinking this might a fun one to level and have been interested in trying to make effective use of mortars and stun jacks which are skills I am yet to experiment with. Would this build be effective in crucible do you think?

I mentioned it early in the thread that this is my first trap build and I didn’t level it and respec’d into it

Early game till Homestead, Fireblast should be enough (get a few points in Grenado to help you)
Initially you play as a Grenado elementalist then you start investing in Mortar Trap.
Stun Jacks aren’t needed i put points in them cause the end game setup allows me to.
You can make this work without Light’s Defender using Mortar Trap and Grenado. Just kite and kill, it’s easy :slight_smile:

Cooldown builds such as this one have the liberty to move around while nuking their targets. This build can do the crucible (any build can to be honest). I haven’t tested it but i’d recommend increasing defenses (DA) if crucible is your aim

Not really specific to this build, but I have been wondering about this and cannot find much info around.

For example, in the Mortar trap skill, what is the difference between “xx meter radius” and “xx meter target area”?

If i remember correctly then

meter radius = area of effect of the projectile

meter target area = the radius outside which the projectiles won’t hit

I have started the process of updating my guides. The Grimtool link for the updated version has been added

Please notify me if any of the links is broken in any way

For now it’s only the GrimTool Links. I don’t have too much time at the moment but will update the write-up at some point. I have around 20+ other build guides to tend to so I am sure you guys can understand

Update:

Level 100 GT Link for Elementalist added

How much damage is grenado doing in this setup?

I would have thought that 3-4 mortars would match grenado in raw burst damage, and have greater fire rate on top of that as well
When I did rough base damage calculations it seems that would be true

What is the trap build’s chosen pronouns?