[Trap Build] The Mechromancer - Trap based Elementalist

Oh, love trap based builds.

3 questions though:

I notice you only sport 50ish pierce resist? Doesn’t that hurt terribly - especially vs the likes of Fabius or similar?

I notice no wind devil for resist reduction? How does it fair vs enemies with high fire/light res?

And…where do Gargabol rings come from? They look nice, but I don’t meeting that boss in AoM.

I’ve been questioning the importance of Grenado and Jacks since they buffed Totems and Traps myself.
This is still under testing but an alternate setup has been posted. Apocalypse is the nuker now.

In previous build Grenado did help a lot. The plus skills and Ulzuin’s Chosen’s insta CDR helped a lot. But managing CDs takes a while to get accustomed to. The main bonus was the high crit damage on it.

The off hand, green Terronox tome might be BIS due reduce CD on Traps. But I don’t have it, atm Arcane Wastes seems better due to high flat Energy and OA

Wut?

Sorry if I missed the joke, it’s been a long day

This build is still under testing since the devotion setup posted here isn’t of my liking. I have something else planned for it and since it got bumped I posted the setup I’m testing with

Garg’s ring are just there as an example. Use anything to fill resists.
Fabius and most bosses rarely land hits when I’m moving :stuck_out_tongue:
My mechanical pets do the work for me. Testing setup uses much better boots

Wind Devil, I think I am the only one on the forum who hates that skill. It has the coolest mod - Maelstrom but is one of the worst skill I have used (I don’t like to constantly click “Pet attack”)

You’re one of the few :smiley:
I am glad to meet yet another trap build lover

Anyways, I wont recommend the testing setup because it’s a setup being tested (duh :P)
I’d update this guide soon but I am currently working on something else

I would really appreciate if someone can give me a good starting point for trap based build with using oldie but goldie demolitions class with the freshman inquisitor class(mainly sets, armor, accessories, weapon etc…).

I’d love to have my biddings performed by other critters, that’s why I have also a summoner and totem build. But now with the new traps from inquisitor in the arsenal, I 'd like to have some advice from the experts of this type of build.

lol

Probably for the best considering how politically incorrect the joke is.

Tried using the fire based rune with my failed demo mortar Purifier, and I don’t think it does enough damage, but you can chain lock knockdown mobs with it, even heroes. It kinda feels like a different type of canister bomb.

The cold rune will shotgun so it does nice damage, but hard to see how to use it with the Demo side of things

I had no real problems levelling a Mortar Purifier through Normal/Veteran alongside Rune of Kalastor, did respectable damage from what I remember. One thing I didn’t notice until much later that I wish i’de known is that Ignition doesn’t add to the energy cost so maxing it for the immediate Fire and Burn is a good idea.

It’ll clear trash on the initial Ignition alone and help your Mortars in dropping bosses quite nicely. If you get an opportunity to prepare handfuls such as before talking to Cronley or before Desecrated Devotion shrines, the shrapnel shotguns massively even though it’s Physical/Pierce.

I see nothing wrong there. A very legit question in fact :smiley:

Finally updated this
Enjoy