Two-Hander feedback thread

Can they just made 2H to be able to use 2 components? It will solve a lot of problems and it will not suddenly make 2H broken.

What makes this item interesting is that you get far more weapon damage over Ulzuin on Canister Bomb (45% vs 18% or so), and 100% on Grenado. Plus, having it straight on the weapon instead of the 5-set completion does allow more flexibility in other pieces. I had a HC build that managed Lokarr with Adversary, Canister Bomb and Grenado and it did pretty well, although wasn’t that fast and had huge energy issues.

Which is the main problem with using both CB and Grenado - when both are resetting often, the energy cost is often too hard to keep up with. Still, I think Adversary has the potential to work - each Grenado was essentially a full heal on demand.

The downside is that 5 piece Ulzuin gives so many other stats, and the proc is insane also. If you want to use Grenado+CB, I think Adversary is the way to go, but outside of that Ulzuin’s will almost always be better IMO.

I think Zantai said once that they won´t make it. Don´t remember if there was some limitation to the engine or something like taht.

By the way, can we just avoid forcing people to play another caster’s build with a big heavy two-hander?
Why not make it a cool weapon? Fire Savagery? Fire Primal Strike? Fire Blade Arc? Make it properly support Fire Vire’s Might with proper “-x to Vire’s Might cd” mod?

1 Like

Blazerush build by Vere. 8 min cruci.

My rancor vs Guillotine test on Warder.

@Flying_Potato do you know how fast it clears crucible, how far it gets in SR? Ulzuin obviously needs a nerf but what I want to find out is whether or not Adversary also needs a buff or not.

@mad_lee I don’t personally care too much either way. I wouldn’t even mind just flat out removing the grenado side of the item and let the savagery be a little better. 8 minutes is on the fringe of acceptable for a dps build I think, but the grenado side is bad.

@Nandi I am content to keep the item on the list because I made sure to detail on the opening post that it’s only the grenado side of it that is sucky. The vire’s might and savagery side are fine enough. 8 minutes is on the edge of what’s acceptable for an offensive focused build, and given that the grenado combos for that item or much worse I just want to see the grenado side buffed.

1 Like

I haven’t tested Crucible or SR with my Adversary build as I’m scared of dying on my HC. Maybe one day I’ll let you know… The main problem I had was with sustained DPS, which is difficult due to energy problems. In the main story, this isn’t often a problem as there is lots of running around and time to pot back up, but in Cruc and SR I expect this will be much more problematic. This seems to me like a trend in caster 2H builds - you have to go far out of your way to get sufficient energy regen, whereas 1H + offhand gets it for free.

@adoomgod I think that Vindicator is barely viable in FG Crucible. Don’t think it can do 8 minutes these days.

I like this suggestion. Pierce in general could use a bit more appeal in GD outside of Belgothian.

Making a build with this right now, it’ll take me some time to properly judge this as I don’t have too much time to play the game and also I don’t use GD:stash. 28 seconds dummy kill time with 570k max crit on lvl 94 with suboptimal oa/da seems promising so far though. Will keep you updated and probably post the build when it’s done.

You should take out hellborne from the list.
I got 14 sec dummy with that thing, and I havent finished polishing it yet

@thejabrixone
Dummy time means little to me, though 14s is pretty good! Curious how it does in crucible and SR. Doesn’t have to be good at both, just want to make sure it’s doing well enough in one of the two.

14 sec is insane. Worth noting that dummy test means my messenger of war proc is not even active! At least the damage potential is there.
I will test it in cruci next week, I need to go overseas this weekend.

The build is kinda tight on defense and resist though, might be a problem in cruci and SR. Though let’s see if the insane damage can cover that.

That’s why I was curious! @thejabrixone

14s is insane. Anything under 25 goes into insane territory… But! Like you said it might be too squishy. I think it’ll be fine and you’re right that it will be removed from the list but I just want to be thorough on these.

I’ve had sub 20s dummy time builds that just died in SR and Crucible. Thanks in advance!

20 sec is average for me… :stuck_out_tongue:
16-17 sec is crazy, below that is insane.

The latest buff of hellborne that giving global physical conversion is not really needed though. I want to suggest giving it some res or DA.

Offensive potential is there. Let’s see if this build can replace my dead ulzuin FS purifier. Lol

Gutsmasher
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8803
still seems to be the best weapon for 2H EoR (physical dmg not so sure about 2H bleed EoR though)

How is 2h physical EoR performing in crucible and SR? (I’m guessing not bad?)

How is bleed savagery doing with this thing?

I have played with Hellborne Paladin and it was decent build,definitely SR 75 capable.

Hellborne + storm spread + x 2 Jaxon ring = beast mode dps due to the interaction of multiple projectile wps and retal added to attack… Jaxon wps procs for 40%retal damage per projectile :sweat_smile:

Edit
It probably isn’t an intended interaction mind you, and the value is actually higher than 40% if you use all the sources of rata for RF

1 Like