Two-Hander feedback thread

What about Venomlance? Haven’t seen it used in any build and the weapon looks underperforming.
Wanted to suggest adding support to ABb but M. Dreeg’s Quillthrower already supports it, despite not having attack speed (sp it’s bad too).
So wanna here any thoughts about Venomlance. Now it lacks identity and some skill mods, imo.

1 Like

Good find! It have too much similarities with Quiltwhrower, even CDR. Proc looks decent, +2 to Nightblade too, but isn’t enough to justify using it in 2h ranged builds.

My idea is to make it either flat damage RF gun or hybrid RF/Retal.

Sounds good. Have little ideas how to make it better but Dervish is pretty obvious choice to focus on.
Actually, M. Quillthrower this way also needs a buff in the face of adding +16-22% attack speed. Like all 2h guns without it (Raka’jax, Korvan Wyrm etc).

The thing is Quilthrower is a ABB gun. Since it doesn’t scale with Attack speed it doesn’t have that bonus. But in order to compensate you need to make ABB huge nuke with low CD. The thing is you will need CDR for this kind of build thus makes it Dervish. For auto attacker you want again Oathkeeper for RF. So other class- Occultist will be left blank. So my proposal is Quilthrower for ABB Dervish and Venomlancer for Sentinel. Bonus to Occultist not Nightblade.

@afanasenkov26 @Nery
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWO830V

Venomlance is alright. I’m mostly uncertain of its non-dervish use, but it’s not bad.

It’s a Dervish after all. I think it can be improved a little without breaking it. Especially if Occultist support is added. For example your physical resistance isn’t impressive. Occultist is nice fix for that. But in order to use it instead of Nightblade, you need extra incentive since NB offers more support here.

I’m mainly curious whether the necromancer side of the weapon would ever see serious use.

Furthermore I have to admit I’m holding off on some of these lists until 1.1.5. Since the double rare improvements might be such qualitative changes I wonder if some of those alone will allow some under-used gear to be supported enough.

Don’t get me wrong, I still want people to comment and contribute to the lists and the really bad result items are still top priority. But for stuff like venomlance where a good build was discovered I want to see how they perform in 1.1.5

Necromancer with Ragaddan set maybe?

I know you may have some “inside” information, so I will wait with future feedback. I tried some of the items from your lists. If I make good build using any of them will tag you :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, while I’m not allowed to say what’s in playtesting I think the loophole is I’m allowed to say what isn’t? We are not playtesting 1.1.5 yet, so no inside information.

I mean just based on the grim misadventures we got last time the changes look impactful enough that new gearing options might open up. Also be ready for hyperlightspeed crucible times? zoom zoom.

@Nery if you mean in my community build making challenge thread, if anything please post the “best worst” builds you make. As in the best version of builds using a bad item that did not work out, as evidence that Zantai maybe should consider buffing the item or that maybe it just needs more gear support in other slots.

Both good and bad results for the items on these lists is valuable!

Sorry, mate, but how is Venomlance “all right”? It’s meme-tier. Had it been all right someone would’ve surely built around it. It doesn’t even look like a place holder item. For two-handers you have Nightshade’s Reach which is better in every way.

I am not trying to make every item into the 6-7 minute range. Venomlance could be better but it’s a far cry from spellscourge.

There’s a lot of overlap in weapon choices in GD so for weapons I’m more interested in making sure they 1. do the thing their design seems intended on making them do well enough, and 2. aren’t outclassed by something very similar.

If it were to be buffed I guess I’d want the buffs focused on the proc since that’s what gives the weapon its main identity.

I am not even talking about 6-7 minute range here. “Identity” is exactly what this weapon is lacking. Like would you ever use it?

I did a 65-66 run with it just to double check after your post. Sigh. Yeah it’s pretty darn slow.
It’s mainly getting by on Dervish’s power as opposed to itemization.

Its proc could be 25% proc rate, more weapon dmg and 0.5s cooldown and it still wouldn’t be fantastic. It could probably use some skill mods otherwise the proc buff would need to be major.

pierce to acid conversion on weapon + casting speed = please make my 2H biting blades dream come true

1 Like

Yup, Dervish’ power can carry an epic acid set, but it wouldn’t mean that that set is any good.

I know that Z. refused to give this weapon 0 cooldown ABB mod, but maybe he could reconsider since weapon is still useless.

I propose:

-0.4s flat cdr to ABB, flat damage to ABB (maybe radius too) + AN ACID WPS + Elemental to Acid conversion. This way you can shoot ABB and proc WPS while ABB is on cd. Pretty sure it still won’t be anywhere near Venomblade but at least it would give the weapon identity so it can be used in some fun gimmicky specs.

I feel like that flat CDR to ABB is already on the ugdenbog bile launcher

That sounds cool! But doubt there will be weapon that’s made to use a component skill. So slap cast speed and some useless bonus to DEE and pretend is made to spam Dreeg evil eye.

There was…it was called chill spikes. Then Z killed it. :stuck_out_tongue:

It used to have 24% WD per projectile and higher flat damage IIRC

please, no, that DEE spam thing gotta stop :cry::cry::cry:

Probably my bad jokes needs to stop too :sweat: