Two-Hander feedback thread

Soulsplitter is a very common item. I found 3 of them during the weekend.
You can shop Fleshwarped cores at Hyram.

Ah, I feel like I misread your tone a bit earlier, but I also didn’t mean to come off any way but opinionated. Yeah you just had bad luck with your first choice. Pierce in general is maybe the least supported dmg type in the game, not that it’s not supported. dual wield pierce is extremely strong. Caster pierce and ranged pierce is fine.

Aside from pierce and chaos, every other damage type is supported in just about every way I think.

@krell_154 hmm, that does sound ideal. But attackspeed soulrend sounds fun too. Maybe we just make the item stupidly statted and have it all! wahahaha

Yeah, the problem is every pierce set (and they are quite decent tbh) is dedicated to either DW, or ranged, or caster. A couple of generic pierce sets (one epic, one legendary) would help a ton.

Yeah, a fast 2h cold weapon sounds great.

But, Soulrend thematically just has to support Bone Harvest. So, here’s a suggestion:

Let Soulrend be a Bone Harvest/Shadow Strike weapon. Give it cooldown reduction for BH, or just beef up cold damage on the skill.

Leviathan, on the other hand, is weird. Make that a pure cold weapon, with attack speed and supporting wps skills. E.g.let it convert physical to cold on Zolhan’s Technique. Or let it give more weapon damage to Necrotic Edge. Or both. Sprinkle in some vitality to cold conversion, and voila! You have a 2h cold Death Knight build.

2 Likes

The most important thing is that we beg and whine to make a super custom fx effect for Soulrend Bone Harvest that replaced the bone spikes you shoot out with ghoOoOoOstly bone spikes with the same coloration and see through properties as the scythe itself, and a ghost trail behind them. That’s what reaaaally matters.

Leviathan has weird spots but it’s a super mighty weapon for multiple classes so I’m not bringing it up for now.

2 Likes

Nadaan’s reach enables a lot of interestng pure pierce options for soldier. Aside from Cadence, which is somewhat filled in by existing DW options, it also offers 100% pierce on transmuted forcewave and blade arc, both of which could be interesting areas for skill mods. Something like this could work with a little more support from some gear.

Of the two, blade arc is noticeably stronger because it has better a %WD skill mod from the Grasp of Unchained Might and more +skills from common pierce gear. Most pierce gear also favors attack speed over cast speed. Throwing some attack/cast speed on Nadaan’s reach and some flat damage to one of those 2 skills could make it a neat blademaster/tactician weapon and give it a unique niche from the DW pierce cadence options. Alternatively, you could do an X reduced DA mod, since both of those skills have huge crit damage potential and would benefit from an easily accessible DA reduction.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give it a spin at a later date. The Ring of steel on the build doesn’t blow me away. It doesn’t really have a chance in hell of getting anywhere near belgothian’s power level in it’s current state. But I just talked to a guy earlier who wanted to make pierce melee work so only way to really know how your version performs is to take it for a spin!

I am relatively certain the weapon could be buffed without making a new OP build though.

I tried it, the CD it’s too long to make RoS centric build. Also Cadence isn’t strong enough here. I suggest mod with CDR to RIng of Steel, something like - 0.5 sec at least to make it competitive.

I’m currently experimenting with Nadaan’s exactly. This weapon is actually the reason i even considered trying 2H pierce melee because it allows 100% ele+phys conversion without overinvesting.

Right now i’m experimenting with quite odd devotion skill for it - Elemental Seeker. I’ve bound it to the storm box and with 15% cdr it procs every second meaning you have 3 seekers up in the battle. So far (9/15) the damage doesnt seem as big as i hoped it would but the utility is substantial: it clears caster/ranged mobs when you are busy with a boss and it can stunlock a surprising variety of heroes.

Most likely i will drop it eventually because of the awkward devotion path. But it’s fun gameplay nonetheless.

Updated Korvan Wyrm to just request attack speed. Cooldown physical primal strike doesn’t seem to be working out.

Korvan Wyrm (mediocre)
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12656
This just didn’t work out as trauma dmg I think. Can we swap the CDR for attack speed if we can’t just get attack speed added in? Even as cooldown it needs to attack between primal strike cooldown. Otherwise I guess it needs to support autoing between primal in another way.

• 70 Physical Damage to Inquisitor Seal

• 100% Fire Damage converted to Physical Damage to Inquisitor Seal

I mean, why? Just waste of coding :stuck_out_tongue:

But I think the CDR is there to use Primal strike as a nuke and not spamming it.

I’m aware, but everyone I know who tried the nuke version said it was not good, and the spam version is better even with the CDR… And my personal experience with it mirrored this sooooo yeah. :man_shrugging:

Removed Nadaan’s reach. I was building it wrong. It’s fine.

“Fine”? It’s borderline broken :slight_smile:

I may have fucked up lol. Shhh. If anything I want it to keep its radius on Blade of steel because it really helps the clear speed, and it can get tuned down elsewhere if need be.

Hmmm, I’m intrigued. What’s this secret build you talking about? :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to know too. Is it Blade Arc+RoS Blademaster, some sort of hybrid with Bloodrager set?

Yup, that’s it.

Ding ding, needs to gamble today :rofl:

Currently theory crafting build with Gutsmasher, if it’s working will give feedback!

@thejabrixone @Nery

You wouldn’t believe the clear times on that one. It might be released very soon, but not by me.