Two-Hander feedback thread

What’s the DPS?

People have finally started to see the power of pierce. Doesn’t need any fancy mods. Just enough stats and any pierce build can work. If it’s good on paper then it’s good.

But we should probably wait for patch. Maybe it gets buffed :wink:

I think the Myth. Temporal Archblade deserves more love than having only +2 to Arcanist and + to skills, Maybe it will look nice as a support of aether savagery/PS druid/ritualist :slight_smile:
So my suggestions are:

• adding +2 to shaman
  • adding -30% aether resistance to Wind Devil
  • adding probably +% crit damage to savagery/primal

Nadaan’s Reach is BiS for my 2H pierce tactician. But not because it’s OP, rather other options are underwhelming. When i only got into the game i wanted to build a char with a 2H sword and non-magical dmg. Turned out it’s quite hard and i abandoned the idea until i found this weapon.

I personally don’t mind if it was toned down - but only if two-handers would get more actual suppoort from sets and relics. Oh look, that’s a fine relic/item, and with a skill! Let’s see… “This is a melee dual-wielding technique…”

• Faction - Blazerush: increased % Attack Speed to 22%, replaced bonuses and modifier for Grenado with support for Flame Touched.
  • Gutsmasher: increased bonus to Soldier Skills to +2 and Skill Bonuses to +4, increased % Attack Speed to 24% and increased % Health to 8%. Increased Bleed damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 210.
  • Mythical Stonefist Rebuke: increased Physical damage modifier for Forcewave to 100
  • The Guillotine: increased bonus to Shaman Skills to +2, updated the skill proc and increased its activation chance to 50%
  • (Mythical) Soulrend: increased bonus to Phantasmal Armor to +4, added +2 to Necromancer skills, adjusted values on the skill proc
  • Mythical Death’s Reach: increased Skill bonuses to +4. Added -10% Vitality/Bleed Resist Reduction modifiers for Bloody Pox and Devouring Swarm.
  • Gildor’s Pulverizer: increased Skill bonuses to +4, increased Resist Reduction modifier for Grenado to 28 and added a matching modifier for Vire’s Might
  • Mythical Adversary: increased bonuses to Class Skills to +2, reduced bonuses to Improved Casing and Shattering Blast to +2
  • Mythical Quillthrower of Dreeg: increased bonus to Occultist Skills to +2
  • Mythical Silverbolt: increased bonus to All Skills to +3
  • Mythical Dreadscorcher: now deals pure Aether damage, damage adjusted accordingly. Increased bonus to Inquisitor and Arcanist skills to +2 and added +2 to Necromancer skills, increased Skill bonuses to +4. Conversion replaced with Fire dealt as Aether.
  • Mythical Gutripper: added +2 to Shaman skills and added a 120 Bleed damage / 1s modifier for Grasping Vines, increased bonuses to Deadly Momentum and Fighting Form to +4
  • Mythical Korvan Wyrm: added +2 to Shaman and Inquisitor skills. Increased Physical damage modifier for Primal Strike to 240.
  • Mythical Northern Wyrm: increased Class Skill bonuses to +2
  • Mythical Soullance: increased bonuses to Skills to +4 and adjusted values on the skill proc
  • Mythical Vortex of Souls: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Faction - The Desolator: increased % Attack Speed to 24%, Defensive Ability to 55 and increased bonus to Flashbang to +3

I reckon a lot of these can be removed from the list but the changes are so dramatic I dare not get ahead of myself. I need your feedback on these items. The items I will be removing from the list are: Blazerush, Stonefist Rebuke, soulrend, silverbolt, dreadscorcher, vortex of souls, and runebinder’s spellthrower. I’m sure others are good enough to be removed from the list.

Gutsmasher looks monstrous now but I want to know how its EoR side is. Let me know about them all please, and let me know if specifically you have evidence that something changed in 1.1.4 can be removed from the list because it’s good enough.

Btw little late, but did some testing with Gutsmasher. It’s fine for bleeding /physical Bleed Arc, idk about EoR. Elemental to physical conversion will help probably.

• Soulrend got the deserved Necro bonuses.

• I want to create build with Silverbolt now.

• Blazerush Elementalist?

• Desolatir, important AS buff.

• Guillotine, still confused what’s the purpose of it, Ritualist?

• Stonefist, my Forcewave Warlord like the change!

@Nery I will need a theorycrafted build to test Desolator. It just gets super rekt by firestrike vortex of souls because of the 100% passthru enemies. I feel like the weapon has room to be something more and I don’t think we’ve seen 2-hander firestrike in a non vortex of souls setting in a long while? Hrrm.

Now that competition might be problematic. But in worst case scenario is placeholder faction legendary.

True, but as it focuses weirdly on a WPS and flashbang of all things, I think it has room to be more fun.

For a fun idea: storm spread converted to fire. That’d be pretty rad looking.

That’s how I’ve felt with Nadaan’s Reach.
+1.5m target area to RoS provides insignificant help on any situation.
-0.5~1s to it might be a game changer.

Nadaan’s reach actually turned out to be insanely powerful if built properly. Insanely powerful.

Build properly, you mean as completely different skill than intended :slight_smile:

Still any build that can do under 6 minutes is crazy.

Not really, the build I used with it still completely maxed Ring of Steel and its impact was significant to the clear time. Since RoS is just 2 nodes and it’s a two hander with fat class bonuses it’s not hard to max out other skills too.

I maxed it out as well. You mean bleeding build Nadaan??
Piercing one is really lack of charm in my part.
That means I built it wrong, time for more tune up and see how it goes.

You could use it with bloodrager or targo. Considering you could do full pierce cadence I wouldn’t call it bleeding. The devotion tree used was entirely pierce focused for the bloodrager version.

It’s not as strong as it was in playtesting before better adjustments, but it’s still very good.

I guess I will keep campaigning for Leviathan till I die:

Mythical Leviathan

Zantai, this 2h-physical ABB stuff is not working. It’s way too gimmicky, it’s anti-synergetic and anti-thematic to the whole Nightblade class. Two-handed meta is picking up the crumbs and enjoying the side effects of your buffs to 1h Blade Arc (still doesn’t work) and Bloodrager set (meant for Bleeding).

Can we please start properly buffing two-handed items now? Blademasters have plenty of super strong builds, 2h phys ABB is the last thing that someone would do with their Blademaster.

Please, let’s rework 2H-Leviathan into proper physical 2hander that buffs relevant physical Soldier class combos like Witchblade and/or Death Knight.

1 Like

Mythical Gutsmasher

Can’t compete with Bleeding heavyhitters like Guillotine or Rancor or even that Gutripper gun. Bleeding EoR just sucks and does not make much sense: dot damage on a chanelling skill. And it’s not like Warlords don’t have enough builds to play with.

My suggestions: rework it for 2handed physical Death Knight or/and Occultist. Basically, similiar as suggestions to Leviathan. Leviathan can thematically support physical Bone Harvest while Gutsmasher can support something like physical Witchblade (add chaos/acid to physical conversions and maybe a RR bonus to CoF and +1 to occu).

Right now both items have strong stats and absolutely good for nothing mods. And it’s not like 2handed meta has too many working builds so we can start putting gimmicky mods like phys abb or bleed eor on bigest two-handers in the game.

Honestly I’d have liked Leviathan more as a cold soldier weapon since I’ve seen enough physical for them. Cold frostburn blade arc or forcewave maybe. And the amulet for cold cadence exists too.

Gutsmasher can be the physical bleed one.

There is a sword for that that can’t be matched. It’s bis for everything cold 2handed. And I have already made 2h cold Blade Arc build based on that sword.

Please, no, two different damage types, one is dot, another one is direct one, different devotions, different itemization. And Bleed already has Guillotine, Gutripper and Rancor. All while physical 2handers got basically nothing except still bad Avenger.

The problem is it’s called “Gutsmasher.” I am convinced on your first point, 2h cold blade arc already exists. Great. So I take back my leviathan suggestion even though it makes 0 sense that it’s physical dmg. Its proc is clearly cold looking. Cold righteous fervor, cold judgment, cold Rune of Hag + some auto attack of some kind, cold anything makes more sense on that item to me than physical. Just thematically. Cold Sigil of Destruction + something else witchbladey is fine too. Whatever. I will drop it.

But Gutsmasher unfortunately is competing with bleed stuff like you say… but just based on the name it either has to be bleed or trauma, and bleed is already done super well by other items… Guillotine OP now. Rancor is great, etc.

So Internal Trauma on stuff we don’t normally see? Maybe Internal Trauma Smite and Shattering Smash? Special ability of item is to unlock shattering smash for 2h weapon instead of shield only? And IT on one more thing to use with it? I don’t know. I just think themes do matter to some extent. Or its current attempt at bleed savagery etc. can just be buffed and its ability buffed I guess.