Two-Hander feedback thread

Cold forcewave sounds lovely with frosty spike sfx if it’s possible.
Imagining Lokarr’s fire ground smash converted to cold one.:heart_eyes:

Just based on its name “Gutsmasher” can be pure physical killer tool. And let’s not balance two-handers around “thematic” arguments, they are in a shitty spot and been in a shitty spot for years now, they can’t afford to be balanced around “thematic” stuff.

Leviathan fits physical Bone Harvest archetype just great.

Gutsmasher can be remodelled to whatever Soldier archetype needs it the most. I think it should be redesigned around Witchblades - class that has long lost any relevance outside of my recent physical Blade Arc build (that has almost zero Occultist bonuses, except good old Black Matriarch ring). Just think about how badly Witchblades need an identity right now compared to other traditional Soldier class combos:

• Warlord. Godlike class with a lot of superb endgame builds: Octavius, Markovian, Warborn with a shield, dw Cadence Warlord, dw EoR Warlord. It also has Targo set now that keeps being injected with steroids every patch now. Fire Forcewave/Judgment Justicar. Physical Forcewave

• Death Knight. Krieg. Dual wield Warborn (can actually compete with Warlord here). Blood Knight (mid-tier, but unkillable and unique to Death Knight).

• Tactician. Octavius. Runebinder auto-attacker. Elemental Arcanor Forcewave. Dual wield Shattered set for pierce.

• Commando. Not much, but fire Forcewave should be very strong with recent mines buffs.

• Witchblade. Nothing. Does dw Warborn MUCH worse than Warlord and Death Knight (less damage and squishballs). Joke of a retaliation set. That’s it.

Basically every demo build has a commando counterpart for those who don’t wanna die. Also that fire blade arc I told you might be good but sharzul buff got delayed for next patch.

What skill do we want for WB? Physical BoD comes to mind but that’s too bland. Blade Arc/Cadence/FW are overused. Occultist just doesn’t have many good offensive skills that isn’t per based.

Leviathan could support cold forcewave just great too.
It’s unlikely Crate would let Leviathan support 3 classes.
If they do take advice and rework it to support Deathknight and Witchblade,
that would indicate a minority of players are gonna be ignored including me.
Not saying that I’d against it or be triggered by this possible make-over, still there are lots of options waiting to be renovated in GD.
Like Soulrend, also a good candidate for this job. Hardly see any powerful build pick it as top choice.
Designing new items is another solution only Crate is willing to burn resources.
Come what may, no matter what change Crate has offered we have to adapt one way or another.

I’m always down for more Witchblade support. Physical Sigil of Consumption? Ayyyyy.
Or even bleed Sigil and make blood spray up from it. Physical bleed sigil. Ayyyy.
(Gutsmasher)

I still think Leviathan being turned into a phys item made little sense but I’ll bite my tongue I guess. I only think one of the items ought to support Witchblade and I don’t particularly care how.

Also removing Guillotine from the list now. The Shaman side of it is broken strong atm.

Also also, leviathan being a cold weapon again and outright replacing boneharvest bone spikes art with rune of hagarrad projectile appearance, that’d be sick.

Bleeding Witchblade…well, this brings up Mythical Guillotine for me.

I know, the weapon got really buffed last patch but I still don´t see why Necromancer is supported. Bleeding Death Knight/Cabalist? Why not move it to Occultist for Witchblade/Conjurer? No RR needed, both would have enough, just some other Skill modifiers.

Personal preference can’t survive in a big community. Haven’t we learned this lesson ages ago.
Agreed It’s annoying item functionality doesn’t fit its name, what are we supposed to do, giving feedback for new name??
I really really want a two handed-weapon that support physical BM, and what choice do we have, playing witchblade instead??

Just add something that enhances Soldier side, no need to go all gimmicky with some physical sigils or anything. Something like convert chaos/acid to physica, -10% rr to Cof, 10% attack speed to BoD. All of those or two of those.

You have Sword of the Winter King and Soulrend - two strong cold two-handers, pick one of them for that mod. You also have Fire Forcewave items, Elemental Forcewave item, fire Blade Arc Conduit.

I don’t get all that need for item being “thematic” and “true” to its name. Also, two-handed physical BM is a super gimmicky build. And Blademasters got quite a few very very strong specs, all different flavour. Do you really think it’s wise to give Blademasters another build which is gimmicky and loses to every other Blademaster build out there all while Witchblades got jackshit?

I did mention that but again, it’s boring.

that’s physical damage in a nutshell, not much you can do. Witchblades will take “boring”, they’ll take anything. And personally, if I played Witchblade, having a unique and strong 2handed build that is only accessible to your class is anything but boring.

I know we have Fire, Lightning, and Elemental Forcewave.
What we don’t have is 100% physical damage converted to cold to Forcewave from item mod.
ATM I don’t see it will happen in the future.

You don’t have to. Arguing this issue is pointless.
No matter it’s your personal preference, mine or anyone,
the feeling is mine alone, it shouldn’t bother you or Crate.
Every item and every build exist for a reason. I do realize physical Witchblade is far superior.
I’m just role-playing a build with a specific damage type in GD.
Everyone knows it’s gimmicky build, doesn’t mean no one loves and enjoys it.
Also I did mentioned not against Leviathan to support Death Knight and Witchblade.
I want physical 2handers has a brighter future as bad as you.
Again there are lots of items that fit this job in GD,
Crate could upgrade some obsolete Epic item into Legendary ones too, tons of possibilities.
In the end if it has to be Leviathan, why not.

Removed Adversary from the list. Someone made a fine Grenado build with it. I agree with his feedback that Grenado could use faster projectile speed though.

1 Like

Haven’t check my build again in this new patch, but hellborne shouldn’t even in that list.
Edit: oh, you said grenado. Ok.

Sentinel Vitality EoR has no fun at all. It can get the job done but OKish.
From time to time we gotta stop to cast CoF and BP then continue spinning, kind of waste of time.
Attack speed is unbearable!! It needs extra n~n% boost.
“Fire” Damage converted to Vitality Damage to EoR should be replaced by “Physical”.
Another conversion would be good like n% elemental damage converted to vitality or n% chaos damage converted to vitality. Elemental conversion would be a fitting scene for ppl who play vitality Oppressor.

There’re reasons why ppl said vitality is one of the worst damage type in game.
Caster builds mostly have no such problem, but 2-hander melee…
Encounter enemies below in Cruci or SR will ruin our damn day.
Ishtal, the Mind Reaper (123 vitlaity res), Dravis (105), Namadea (103),
Kubacabra (101), Zantarin (101), Kaisan (91)
Kubacabra would be the biggest PITA, others are manageable.

Can we add Myth Wrath of Tenebris to the list? Good on paper weapon god awful in practice. I dont understand why the scythe doesnt have full conversion on EOR nor cooldown reduction and RR like Habringer’s crossbow.

The scythe needs RR on doombolt to 35 to be on pair with harbringer’s when harbringer have ridiculous amount of chaos RR. 50% lightning to 50% elemental -> chaos so we get more conversion from it. 10%-15% cooldown reduction for a doombolt heavy build.

Getting someone’d by @adoomgod :sob:

+1

I’m afraid we can’t have both on 2 hander EoR. It’s either CDR or attack speed, same as conversion on it. I’d prefer they change Doom Bolt mod into item skill on Tenebris, [edit] functioning as Kreig’s Wraith but on attack, and add extra -n% chaos reduction on CoF as item mod.

About Blazerush. The weapon itself looks interesting, and so as the idea of 2h melee fire Elementalist. But imo, the weapon needs some buffs&changes.
My suggestions:
Change +4 to Temper with +4 to Savagery - it’s almost impossible to get all 9 stacks in such setup.
Add 45% lightning to fire conversion - same problem, high % of such conversion is hard to get.
Also, adding about 100 Oa or even +1 to demo would look nice.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1mPR7V

2 Likes

I agree about conversion. It’s not gonna break the game if it have it. Only item that’s usable for that are the rings. They are not enough+their stats are awful. Your build looks fine, I wonder about Archon Savagery or Grenado Shieldbreaker. :thinking:

1 Like

Actually, the build showed itself surprisingly nice. Far from top-tier but deals good damage and survived Grava+Maiden attack.
The problem is relatively low OA (and the inability to change the rings for better) and 1rr in mastery.