UI scaling issue - 1440p - v0.7.4

My PC info:

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor (windows 10 pro)
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|
Titan X (Pascal)

I am having an issue using 1440p with UI scaling. Basically, with any scaling enabled, UI windows tend to be misplaced off to the side, obscuring half of their contents. This is especially notable with the Trader window. Every time I pull up the Trader window, it is half off-screen, and I have to drag it back.

Also, trying to drag it back is usually a very laggy experience.

This is the first time in 20+ years of gaming that I’ve created a forum account and logged a bug report. I did so because I saw that this company responds quickly to feedback. But let me know if I could be more or less detailed in some way.

Regards,
Devin

2 Likes

Just wanted to add another report of this issue.

I’m playing at 3840x1600 resolution with 1.5x UI scaling. The trade window is the only one that I have noticed that normally spawns docked to the right side of the screen that is placed incorrectly with UI scaling active. But I have had the occasional non-docked window spawn partially offscreen (I think the top?). I’ll try to make a note next time I encounter it.

edit: I had a few other windows pop up slightly offscreen, but none in a reproducible way. It seemed to happen shortly after moving the camera, though that may be coincidence. I had it happen on a build site (storage building) and a graveyard. In both cases though, after closing and reopening the window I was unable to get the problem to reproduce a second time. The trade screen is 100% reproducible though.

Yes this is a known bug while playing the game in 4K. The devs are working on a solution, with the new update it became a little better but not perfect. Just waiting for a new update.

I have the same trading center bug as well in 4k.
The X position of trading center window is calculated incorrectly.

1.0 UI scale fine, 1.25 it’s off a little, 1.5 the trader is off the screen.

v0.7.4
3840x2160 windowed fullscreen UI scaling 1.5
windows scale 150% (not sure if this last one is affecting anything or not)

Not just in 4k though. It happens using other resolutions as well. Including with 21:9 1440p.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.