Ultimate droprates

Imo, Fabius is more deadlier than Maiden.

I’ve encountered Ben about 2 times (when i wasn’t even in looking for him) in my entire GD experience. I don’t farm outside Undead, Kymon and Cronley as they’re easier to find.

As for Valdaran, he’s the decent of them all, has the decency to teleport you closer to him to make killing him a lot faster. I am kind of apprehensive of facing him now though after hearing about Drizzto’s experience of a Triple- Valdaran spawn in Crucible where he and his party members got perma-swapped. Interesting thread that one

Heh i was ready to create similar topic because i am really disappointed with Nemesis drop rates. I have never got any legendary from Fabius and most of the time he drops only green items, not even epic one.
Farming Valdaran and Moosi is a bit more rewarding, one legend after few runs, but still… I got much more (and faster) legendaries from regular bosses.

From my point of view, regular bosses should be good source of epics and Nemesis bosses should be good source of legendaries or recipes.

Crucible isnt bad part of game, but sadly it is very time dependant. And again fast regular boss run is more rewarding.

I don’t know about droprates for regular items, but i would like to point out that drop rates of- Outcast’s Secret, Eldritch Gaze, Covenant of the Three and Mad Queen’s Slicer is absolutely atrocious. Same for their epic counterparts

The droprate for legendaries is good. The issue is that you only need a small % of them on your current character, and you rarely level a few at the same time.
I fully equipped my Spellbreaker while trying to find Ultos set for my Warder. Now I have 85lvl Spellbreaker with almost top gear.
The droprate for blueprints is good, but the duplicate avoidance mechanics is not implemented properly, so it gets harder and harder to farm the new ones.
Nemesis droprate should be a little bit better, I guess.

Unfortunately I don’t know all the details about the nemesis bosses’ loot tables and probabilities, but part of the problem could be that one of their main features is their 100% blueprint drop chance on Ultimate (75% for Fabius, Maiden and Zantarin).

Of course such a blueprint is useless (and in fact invisible) if you’ve already learned it, so the more blueprints you have, the more often such a blueprint will not even be displayed and result in an overall disappointing loot.

Note that with an 100% legendary drop chance instead this would be less of a problem. Yes, you’ll only get some duplicate in this case, too, but at least you can collect it, sell it, trade it or dismantle it. (In addition, each dropped duplicate of some legendary you already have, has the chance of slightly increased stats, which should not be underestimated.)

As it is, the longer you play, the more the nemesis’ blueprint drops (one of their main features) are becoming completely wasted drops.

This could be fixed by introducing one or more re-rolls if some nemesis is about to drop a blueprint you’ve already learned, transforming a 100% (75%) guaranteed but useless drop into the chance on some still missing blueprint or some legendary instead.

In general re-rolls in situations where the game is about to drop some duplicate (be it a blueprint, a set item or any legendary item) would be a good idea. I’m not talking about completely avoiding duplicates, just about using re-rolls to slightly adjust probabilities, so that duplicates are less likely than other drops.

Not implemented properly? It’s not implemented at all! That’s exactly the problem: There is no such thing as a “duplicate avoiding mechanics”. The game (and all the nemesis bosses in particular) is dropping duplicates like crazy, but in case of blueprints they are just made invisible (in contrast to epics or legendaries dropping for the 3rd, 5th or 10th time), so you won’t notice them.

Huh, and here I was thinking that droprates were too high after getting 3 Legendaries just by killing Slith and Aetherials in Wightmire…go clear some non-boss areas, guys, you may notice that it’s fairly worthwhile.

Shrewd
Mystic
Mighty
-of Spellweaving

Seriously, just delete that stuff already, Crate.

In the case of items, duplicate avoidance only takes effect in-session. Once you leave a session, any weighting against duplicates is lost.

Yet more evidence that it’s useful to not just speed-clear Nemeses and exit back to main menu each time.

Example from my last run:
First fast regular boss search - got one legendary and one set legendary.
Mission completed but decided to search Nemesis.
Found Moosi pretty fast - one epic item.
Found Fabius pretty fast - one set epic item.
During the Fabius search killed regular boss - one legendary item.
Found Valdaran pretty fast - one set epic item.

• was pretty lucky with Nemesis seach, got them all during first location search

Honestly, in a game with hundreds and hundreds of items, where people are spending hundreds of hours with a single character, pure in-session duplicate avoidance is nearly worthless. If you can track learned blueprints of some character over his complete lifetime, you can do just the same with picked up epics, legendaries and set items.

Regarding nemesis bosses, main problem are (as stated above) the blueprints.

I won’t call it too high as Ceno here does. Then again i’m a greedy bugger. But i do agree with him, i got most of my legendaries from mobs rather than bossess. I don’t know about Slith and Aetherials but i do some Plains of Strife Rift runs (Ashen Waste?), it’s 2-level dungeon. Stuff’s easy to find, dies fast and gives me good returns.

When people say they farm Nemeses, do they farm Fabius, Maiden and Moose or do they mean all of them? Cause i could use some tips on how to find Ben and Val. Like in what points they spawn more often?

I think his point was don’t enter and exit, stay and clear other areas and you might actually find something useful. Which is something i agree, as someone who doesn’t play Crucible this is something i do often and it feels rewarding. It also reduces the repetitive feel of the game

Start-> Kill Nemesis-> Exit and Enter New session feels repetitive. This makes the player clear other dungeons as well

Regarding Val, the spawn points listed here (under “POST RELEASE LOCATIONS”) are still quite accurate:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26148

These are not all his spawn points, but you should find him there roughly 8 out of 10 times. I’ve tried to find additional spawn points and visited any area I can think of that has any aether crystal formations, but did not succeed. Either he doesn’t spawn 100% of the time (which I don’t believe) or he has a few very obscure locations to spawn at.

Benn is just a total mess. Occasionally I’m trying Blood Grove, the way from Blood Grove rift to Darkvale Gate rift and the interior of Darkvale Gate, but his appearance at these locations is very spotty.

If you want to farm non-nerfed nemesis bosses only, I’d go for Moose or Valdaran, but wouldn’t bother with Benn.

Completely agree. This is why I have about 15 to 20 different farming routes. Keeping things fun and interesting is much more important than perfect loot efficiency. But that doesn’t stop non-nerfed nemesis loot on Ultimate from being underwhelming.

Blueprints dropping less often the more you have already found is my main gripe with the game. I have recently passed 1k hours played and I still lack half a dozen or so. Trying to get them is as much fun as running into a brick wall. Poor Valdaraan has died hundreds of times, I farm him because he’s the only full loot nemesis that can’t be hidden behind a skeleton key. Guess 1.0.0.7 will fuck that up too. Yay.

/veins

/ten cuts

I don’t believe that is true at all , last week I ran those 2 for 37 runs straight just to see after other people say they run these spots , I managed 3 legendaries , 1 outside and 2 from the twin falls hive boss . I wish it was 70% .
I ran a dozen today , 0 drops . Lucky if I get an epic :stuck_out_tongue:

I have 2 lvl 85 chars now with almost 450 hours played , getting a little fed up , I have one item for my end game builds , one , it’s ridiculous , I thought PoE was bad , I’m starting to believe I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire as far as drops are concerned .

I do not play crucible btw , so solely relying on the game and what I can farm with what little drops I have . Pray to RNG it changes soon because I am finding myself logging in less and less like I did with PoE , yet I enjoy this more :stuck_out_tongue:

And edited it to say , don’t get me started on blueprints , still wanting lower relics when having found the higher ones , which I cannot craft because the lower lvl ones do not drop , or should I be dropping down to elite to farm those ?

D3 has deterministic loot system, named “smart”, with high chance to drop.
Just saying.

games like diablo 2 and poe can get away with ridicously shit drop rates for the best stuff, because they got an actual online, server-side based gameplay.

gd is singleplayer game mostly and id rather farm myself than trade with someone who mightve simply downloaded his stash.

i cant understand why some legendaries are notoriously hard to find. i am sitting on more than 150 legendaries spread across few mule characters.

i havent seen a single markovian platechest or amulet drop, but got around dozen infernal brimstones.

its not rng. some legendaries are weighted as fuck to hardly ever drop and thats just frustrating in a game without legit online

when crucible start to drop legendaries? For now i complete 80 wave in gladiator but no purple drop …

You need to complete 150 to reliably get legendaries.