Ultimate droprates

that fear seems unfounded, if I can download all items, why trade with you in the first place ?

For uniques you should be safe because of that, for good greens probably not, but then there always is the legit trade thread…

i cant understand why some legendaries are notoriously hard to find. i am sitting on more than 150 legendaries spread across few mule characters.

its not rng. some legendaries are weighted as fuck to hardly ever drop and thats just frustrating in a game without legit online

do the ones you miss have blueprints available ? That would explain it

It was just Yesterday that i went in search for a nemesis boss (Valdaran, who has given me absolutely nothing whorty) and a Hero killed on the way gave me 2 legendaries (grim fate and divinesteel hauberk).

So farming Nemesis bosses in areas filled with mobs and heroes (and possibly other bosses) may be not so unrewarding.

Should roll a new character. I was as frustrated with drops on my pyromancer. Just finally had desolation drop on the character that I’m leveling in elite.

Grinding ultimate feels very unrewarding atm. There is no reason why I should ever run a dungeon that requires a legendary mat to get into for one epic. They also need to come up with a way to make trash not feel like a chore. That’s another huge gripe of mine. Once you’re done leveling your character and devotions trash mobs do nothing but waste time yet can add a the challenge. Doesn’t make any sense.

Also, what I love about the game is that it seems balanced around single player. I don’t want to have to trade.

Fucking sets compound all of these issues.

only craftable item in that set is the helmet

but then there always is the legit trade thread…

and what stops a cheater from trading there?

Actually it’s both, RNG and weighting. Currently GD has about 300 different legendaries and this number will only grow. Even if all those legendaries were equally likely to drop, it would already be a royal PIA to get a particular legendary (or blueprint) or to complete a set. Considering the low frequency of legendary drops and the large number of them, it’s totally unnecessary to introduce an additional weighting, making some of them even rarer than others.

It is as exactly at this point when a (SP) game stops being a game and starts becoming just a giant, monotonous grindfest against RNG.

If there absolutely have to be some items that are even rarer than an average legendary, then introduce a new class and call it uberlegendary. This is what classes are for. This way players would at least know in advance that those items are incredibly hard to get. Instead they are still hiding as regular legendaries, leading you to believe they are not harder to obtain than other legendaries (which is already hard enough).

We already have rarity classes common/magic/rare/epic/legendary and there’s really no need to add some secret weighting within these classes, just to obscure their true probability to drop and to ultimately fool players.

GD’s non-existing longterm avoidance (or reduction) of duplicates is making things even worse. If a player has already picked up ten copies of some legendary while still waiting for dozens to drop even once, the game should really start to lower its chance to drop again …

GDSideKick

Lol. Right after I made this post I actually started getting some drops. Still not from nemesis but from random heroes/bosses I met on my chaotic farming route. It’s ridiculous that I had lamost nothing for 2 weeks of farming but when I started whining about it - here you go.

So I can draw a conclusion:

1 Ignore nemesis - they’re not worth shit in current state.
2 Whine my brothers.

+1 on Ultimate drop rates being a bit crap and that Nemesis’s need a loot buff. Just because some can cheese them, doesn’t mean everyone else can or want to and getting level 65 epics drop from them is just annoying T_T

Though one thing I’ve noticed is that switching to crucible and then back seems to have a positive effect on drop rates and that frequently used runs seem to have reduced chances to spawn champions and worse loot drops. Which is a pain when you’re trying to farm blood etc, only for the usual runs to be crap (Loggy, BoC, Hidden Path).

Might be that the drops of epics and legendary items are ok. But the useful ones can be a bit of a problem when all you need is that one blueprint and/or weapon to make your build complete. And right now there is only the legendary blacksmith option for? Quite a gamble for your mats it seems.

I disagree when you can run steps for a common epic or two and lose out on a legendary mat.

I’m disappointed when I don’t see moo in sot or ben in boc. And I haven’t seen either one in a while. Starting to think that it has something to do with the patch. Boc doesn’t seem as bad but on average sot is pretty unrewarding. And that’s one of the big things that people like to mention when the topic of end game content comes up.

heres my stash containing 514 self found legendaries.

it took 513 legendary drops for a single markovian chest plate.

rng my ass

And i dropped less legendaries than that and i got several items from several legendary sets. I already got Markovian shoulders 2 times and i’m tired of dropping the Markovian shield. I got the Trozan scepter from a freaking trash mob.

So yes, RNG.

Of course you have, like most of us, but you don’t want items from sets, you want some complete set.

Just wait until you have four of the five Markovian pieces, just to see the shield drop another five times, instead of that one piece you’re missing :wink:

RNG is no “yes” or “no”, it all depends on the “how”.

Funny story, I have four pieces of this set. Even the amulet and finding purple amulets (or even blue ones) is so difficult. But I don’t have the helm blueprint. And I have I think 6 of those to find. And those don’t work like the other items. No…