Unable to complete shrine of mogdrogen quest

So i completed the shrine of mogdrogen quest as normal; gathered all the components, cleansed the shrine and talked to the avatar. I got the quest complete UI with the exp and devo point, then closed the game shortly after because i had something to do.

On reopening the session the quest is still in my logbook, but the quest items are gone. When i backtrack back to the shrine, mogdrogens avatar isnt there (i obv didnt fight him yet) and the shrine says it has already been cleansed.

Kinda stuck now, not sure how to proceed

out of curiosity, how did you close the game? happen to use ALT+F4?

Nope. Exit to desktop with the menu UI.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you using cloud saving?

Yes i am using cloud saved

So you completed the quest, you got the quest completion pop-up, then you exited the game as normal? But upon loading the next time, the quest was back in your quest tracker?

That is all sorts of bizarre as it seems like some aspects of your character saved but others rolled back. Makes me wonder if the error occurred on the hard drive or when trying to sync Steam’s cloud.

If you upload your save, I can restore your quest progress for that quest. You will need to reset and re-upload your cloud saves after though if you want to continue using that service.

I would like to ask: after version 1.2, can task progress archives be used only by dedicated people and cannot be shared?

Previously, the file quests.gdd could be copied to any character and used at any difficulty level.

Not sure if I did this right, never uploaded a save before. I just zipped the character file in question from my saves. Does this work?

_z The Third Hardest.zip (347.2 KB)

See attached. If you want to keep using cloud saves though, you will need to download them locally, wipe cloud saves, then toggle them off and back on to re-upload your local data.

_z The Third Hardest.zip (617.7 KB)

See the instructions here for moving from cloud saving to local saves and then put them back on the cloud if that’s what you want to do.