Upcoming Changes to the Shattered Realm (v1.1.9.0)

Dunno if you’ve experienced it but Crate literally had to nerf crucible cause builds needed 10mins+ to clear 150-170. I can only think of like two builds who could clear a full 3 runs before buffs expire back then.

3 Likes

As x1x2 mentioned back to these old days Crucible was a challenge, only CDR casters and S&B could survive and shine. DW, 2handed or ranger suffer risky but low successful rate or not even a chance. Builds/players could achieve 150 were cosidered king of the hill no doubt. I ask for more end ultimate challenge waves, not tweak. And you still have the option talk to Lokarr to end it ealier.

1 Like

It’s not even shine. Just survive without retarded DA levels. Only OP rune inquisitors with DA and full cdr clairvoyant binder could clear below 8 mins.

But this is offtopic. Current game is very different from what it was back then. Tho what’s common is that melee almost doesn’t exist.

Edit: I phrased that badly. During the DA meta melee didn’t exist. I don’t wanna say melee won’t exist when the changes go live but it will surely be hurt. A lot.

2 Likes
  • 171 - Mogdrogen, Van Aldrich with cronies, Kuba, Sentinel, Arcanist healers :smile_cat:
  • 172 - Calla, two Benns and Moosilauke :kissing_cat:
  • 173 - three different Ravagers and Kaisan :smirk_cat:
  • 174 - three Crate of Entertainments and Lokarr’s Final Form :heart_eyes_cat:
  • 175 - one Training Dummy :joy_cat:
6 Likes

The Actually Final Form of the Training Dummy

4 Likes

Not sure adding offense to the immortal unit is very balanced :joy_cat:

1 Like

Actually, I would like to have a fight with celestials in Crucible with its blessings and banners :grava:

1 Like

You realize that super bosses will be scaled up as well, right? :smirk_cat:

Wait, oh shi~

2 Likes

Except it did exist :wink:

Super old and out dated, but it was able to clear 170 pre crucible nerfs and the buff buffs

Exactly! what’s the point? the issue will be there, success on high shard will be diminish for all builds and those playstyle still thrive among others and maybe even more; imagine best melee build(let’s say avenger warder since it’s also very tanky) can only do 85 since it’s all 1v4. A mage hunter, caster SB or sorc will deal with them like nothing ever changed and still do better than others until the point it get two-shotted etc.

Personally, as a noob who has tried camera abuse trick with minimal success, im really looking forward to these changes. I know itll make the experience a lot more fun for me to be able to focus on 1 boss at a time without having to do all kinds of weird shit. Its a step in the right direction towards a better SR experience.

I think SR is like the Ocean- a vastly unexplored space, with tons of potential. Currently I feel SR is a bit underutilized, but with development winding down that cant be helped.

One way this “Ocean” could be explored (utilized better) is to introduce a little more variety in types of rooms within the SR. The rooms with unique bosses/interactable objects like the fake treasure chests is a step in the right direction… but so much more could be done here, that would make the SR experience much more alluring.

Perhaps a project for a new Loyalist DLC, which we all know probably wont happen, would be a handful of new rooms in SR which would appear at random in between the normal shards/chunks. In these rooms could be unique bosses that drop either soulbound items or blueprints for some new Illusions, which could only be obtained as drops from these enemies in these rare-to-appear SR rooms. Sorta like the Gazer that can drop the Gazerman armor.

I feel stuff like this would really make SR even more enticing of an experience, as an end game activity. The exclusive items/illusions would feel very rewarding, and this could easily kill 2 birds with one stone- satisfy everyones desire for another Loyalist DLC with more Illusions, while simultaneously improving on the SR experience even further and making it more attractive.

5 Likes

Just rotate it away from them. Nothing weird about it.

1 Like

I guess i just dont know how to do it then.

LoL it’s weird, am I the only one who gets dizzy after that rotation?

1 Like

There are people that rotate every couple of seconds when playing MC. That is weird. Rotating once in SR and then having it until you quit playing SR is nowhere near that.

1 Like

Why stop there?
•176 Sahdina tombstone

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’re not alone.

Although Duchy’s right, that’s one and done, some people that rotate it even in campaign, hard to watch.

Anyway camera rotation is great feature, now will be just like intended to be, convenience for the player without affecting the performance.

2 Likes

Optimistic aren’t we?! :joy_cat:

Also, rotation is integral to controller play. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes