Uroborruk's Reaping - Reaping Arc Discussion

I ask because I do not want to waste my time leveling another character just to be nerfed in next hotfix. Seriously, the relic looks interesting now. But, it seems, the majority of players (at least, in this topic) asks for rebalancing. Maybe I should wait for professional players to show more of Crucible performances :thinking:.

Died at 169, as stated, viable, not god mode.

It does melt what you are facing at and on the sides fast though.

And for the record, with 26/16 EOR, did not use it once. With 14 points to spend and backing out of EOR, could be better, much better.

1 Like

This happens after nearly every patch. There are always those who are going to knee-jerk react first before trying anything. People go way overboard with this shit sometimes and take it far too seriously imo.

1 Like

Why would you even put EoR and reaping strike on one build tho

4 Likes

LOL, just to test

I may not be the elite builder he is looking for, but I have been on this Merry-go-round before :slight_smile:

I’ve had a build on hold that’s perfect for this sort of discussion, so I brought it out to compare damage numbers. GT numbers puts the Weapon Damage at 40-45K. For each relic, I have basic DPS numbers (permanent buffs + BoD only) and full DPS numbers (Abominable Might and Blood Pact as well, everything but the Dark One’s buff)

Yugol's Reach

Reaping Arc

Mind you, this is comparing Yugol’s with a build perfectly tailored for it against a Uboruuk’s relic that disregards the Aether damage altogether, and a spin-to-win playstyle is much harder to maintain than a simple Arc considering how easy it is to interrupt spinning and having to do the wind-up animation multiple times.

I’m on board with reducing the weapon damage to 200%. A 20% decrease in damage should be enough to put things in line without nuking the build opportunities for other builds to shine.

If you’re interested in Crucible results, even with the high damage numbers, Vitality melee is rough, combine it with Spin-to-Win, and even fancy high numbers can’t save it from getting overwhelmed against stuff like Grava’Thul.

3 Likes

Damn man

Nice

Yes I collect guns to be Roland Deschain on every character.

1 Like

Didn’t realise this thread would go on for so long.
I’m currently making Reaping Arc builds with every dmg type except phys and ele which were done by grey-maybe.

We will have a feedback post on the skill in a few days.

4 Likes

To be honest I have a feeling that even if it is slightly OP (in my opinion it is not by much) it opens way more opportunities for builds than degrading them.
I mean finally there is chance to get melee 2h Cabalist going:D. But I am not regular player and even when I knew that retal builds where OP I would prefer to play 2h ToC witchblade so you know…

Take my comment with reserve/distance.
Have a nice easter

1 Like

Wasn’t there already such a build? Anyway, if you’re interested
in 2h Melee Reaping Arc Cabalist, I adjusted Blood Knight for it
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JAdb7N
(which means getting all possible devos, components, skills
to get 54% more attack speed over the original more durable
variant by AlkamosHater with Oblivion as a support skill:
 [1.1.7.2] Blood Knight/Oblivion Cabalist -> CR 5:35-5:5x/SR 100/Crate + Ravager killer/SR75-76 farmer
Probably not going to be more damaging but it’s fun to
squeeze in Reaping Arc in every possible build.

4 Likes

Please, don’t forget to add data on Blade Arc builds as well.

What happens if instead of nerfing the specs, you limit the skill requirements to melee one-handed weapons? I haven’t seen any S&B melee builds lately. Do you think that could be a good option? Or would it simply mean that no one would use it again?

You are free to use the relic on any build as it is right now.

RA - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoyjoz2
BA - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRwMmvN (from grey’s save)

4 runs each and the RA one only seems slightly worse (the first one had really shitty spawns)

I’m not the best pilot for these comparisons tho and the RA one also isn’t the ele conversion version.

3 Likes

Oh, I hadn’t read that article. Thanks for letting me know. :wink:

I see, thanks for sharing data! :smiley:

Is crucible the sole testing ground for builds and items now? Most people don’t even play it from what I have seen. It is easy to get a player who has crazy speed running skills and rocking a setup with several fantasy greens to post a video complaining that something is grossly over performing, but what about it’s performance in other areas of the game?
And i think it is funny when people say ‘its soooo easy to get these greens these days since the patch’ because it is total nonsense, i have yet to see a synergistic and decent double rare drop since the patch several months ago, and that is after hundreds and hundreds of SR runs, crucible runs, and farm runs.

1 Like

People still play it, both on here and in other parts of the community. Besides it, SR is the other main place to go for stress testing builds and has a decent number of players. More often that not, builds get tested in both as certain concepts have qualities that mean they shine in one more than the other or they get built for that part of the game specifically.

This depends on the build and context. Anyone that says that getting a good green for a build shouldn’t be specifying double rares nor should the build at a minimum require them to function. Getting passable greens to overcap a build’s resistance or build OA/DA is far easier than it used to be when throwaway affixes like Mighty, Tough, of Mending, Spellweaving and the mastery prefixes were far more common.

Good points mate, although i find that you can generally get away using a non-green item with careful planning although in some cases it is unavoidable. That being said even getting specific non-rare affixes is a matter of extreme luck in my experience.

In regards to crucible, yeah alot of people on the forums here play it but i have played this game for a long time and from what i have seen it really is a minority of players who farm crucible. If a build is stomping SR 100 but struggles to pull 7 mins in crucible then that is a pretty good indicator of OPness also.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.