Usernames - how did you choose yours?

For a long time, I used the moniker Evil_Jim because I kind of liked the characters from Earthworm Jim and Mechquest (back when I used to play free web games like this or Runescape years and years ago).

The name corrupted into Evil_Baka because I’m known among my friends for coming up with crazy or dumb ideas and around the same time I started to become a fan of the Touhou Project (mainly the music/fighting games/manga, I’m god awful at the shooters) and I used Cirno for my avatar for places like Steam or Skype, and I’ve been rolling with it ever since :stuck_out_tongue: I guess it fits me well.

(anyone else love the fact that they drew frikken eyebrows on his mask? lawl)

Authentic autism.

Simple, clean, oldschool.

Partially because I like smoking good stuff from time to time, and partially because it is one of my fav. music genres (coming second after southern metal):

Then we have much to talk : Desert, psych, southern, sludge, doom, drone. You name it.

Live slow, die old

Other aliases of mine are Rayd and Samael, and combinations of these three (e.g., Samael_Ceno is my current Runescape handle).

Rayd - Chose this to register on pcpartpicker, when I was building a computer for myself and some of my friends. Back then, it was in reference to RAID configurations, but I liked it for the MMO/RPG sort of connotations as well (e.g., going on raids with friends).

Samael - Samael’s an archangel in Judaism (I’m agnostic), one of my favorite characters in the Darksiders series, and is not far off from my real name of Samuel. adoomgod, my partner in crime modding, has his alias as a demonic reverse-portmanteau of his actual name too, so I felt Samael was especially fitting likewise.

My youngest brother and i were watching some show, and the comedian said orange in some fake accent and it sounded like arnge. We kept saying arnge all week long and then it became my name. :stuck_out_tongue:

MTG was game of my childhood and this one was my first bought rare card ever.

Sadly with a typo… :confused: Or it was taken… i don’t remember exacly.

Love all these. Interesting to see how many different ways people come up with names.

Yeah, keep it going, wasn’t that amused in a while.

Prince because…

Xavier is just happens to be the name of my bloody school!

I was always really bad at names and never had one favorite. My names usually come out by smashing the keyboard, miss-pronouncing words (on purpose) or just typing them in the wrong order (e.g. Gasmor or Patoto [potato]). If I completely don’t know how to call myself, I end up using a programming term like USER_NAME_01 or some other stupid thing.

Korsar is modified “Corsair”, because

//youtu.be/SIuiOo1ActE

I don´t believe you. :rolleyes:

I grew up playing the Fatal Fury games. The only one I played competitively was Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 mostly using a mame emulator and hamachi (that’s how we did it back then).

Duck King was my favourite character. I liked the design, his stage theme and the way his baby chick would try to emulate his attacks lol.

I wasn’t impressed with MotW however. Still a good game but one could hardly call it a fatal fury game.

I’ve had the nickname Donzilla since high school, I wanted to be all snazzy when I created my XBL account, and added Savage to it. It’s my go to nom de guerre for any online gaming account.

I have a list of names memorised and I go through them by category in a specific order whenever I need a username.

My name is Derrick. I played in a lot of bands, and went by “D-Rock”, which I shortened to Drok. Playing in Goth/Industrial bands, people initially would take me waaaaaaaay too seriously. I mean, Drok sounds like one of those stage names for a guy who eats cold raw venison and has more piercings on his face than an entire class of debutantes has in their ears. Someone who actually knew me told me I should DJ under the name “D Rockalypse Now”. I told him I’d only spin industrial remakes of Caribbean wedding music under the name “D Rockalypso”, and so started going by…

Drokalypso!

bonus points if you can find pics of me from my band d00d days…

In 2005 I wanted to make my character in WoW with my Username I had in every forum to that day, Speren (an elven paladin from Shadowrun).

Somebody else took that name.

So I took out a D&D-Sourcebook with elven names (and syllables), put in some useless “h”…and there it is: Rhylthar!

“Jabarto” was the name of a Khajiit character I made in Oblivion back in the day. It was unique enough that I never needed to come up with another name for anything else, so it kinda stuck.

I go by “Baadargo” on a couple of sites, or on MMO’s where I need a name for a second character, etc. It’s a misspelling of “Badaargo”, an NPC in Morrowind. I also have a Planetside 2 character named “Barmanu”, after the boss in Titan Quest.