[v1.0.0.2] Piercing Primal Strike Conjurer - 8min BoC Full Trash Clear, 15sec Fabius kill etc..^_^

Nice build. Big fan of you now!
I’ve went through all of your builds, which are extremely inspiring. The utilization of special item abilities and devotion procs are really interesting.
Falcon sweep, always!

Great build, you are a great talent :slight_smile: I know the build is focused on the gun but if u made the build for ultos axe only:

1. would u still go occultist instead of arcanist or soldier?

2. same devotions or more defensive since melee?

3. basically how would the build change or would it be a totally diff build? grimcalc would be great

I ask bc i think the quality of your build is way better than other ones for primal strike and i trying to find a template for melee primal strike build. thanks

This build looks really fun but I’ll never be able to play it with that gear requirement. In 550 hours I haven’t even found a single piece of Ultos(except the helm blueprint) and I’ve got 4 characters through the entire game and farmed fabius on elite/ultimate hundreds of times… :rolleyes:

This is a top end build, why should it be nerfed? You basically have all the end game items at this point, whats left to do but to create OP builds with them?

Falcon Swoop’s ability to shotgun is as problematic as some enemies ability to shotgun you. Until they fix the underlying problem with shotgunning in general I don’t see why falcon swoop should get a nerf but they’ll probably reduce its weapon damage? :frowning:

Jajaja is like Zappa and tridord combined lol.

One day I’ll have the gear to mess around with builds like these.

occultist offers the best dmg and quality of life. so probably still occultist. enemies in ultimate have 40% base resists, almost cutting ur dmg by half, so the first 30-40% resist debuff is really important to make u do full dmg again. CoF has really good quality of life, 1 button covers the whole screen instead of needing to wait for a small aoe/single target proc or something, which wouldn’t be good for a big aoe build that wipes screen in a few hits.

With that said, occultist is slightly on the squishy side, this build can facetank 98% of the time, but have to kite occasionally, if you dont mind switching to a ranged weapon to finish off sharzul during enrage or to kite a bit against difficult deathrooms, then u can simply use this exact build/devo with axe instead and use golemborne for a bit more tank. I admit the axe does have a feel good umph to it for some reason.

The other class i was thinking of is elementalist which is alot more tanky with broken ass blastshield/flashbang, thermite mines has -resist as well but a shitty mechanic so worse quality of life and u have to press 1 extra button like a shaman skill to debuff arcane bomb so i dunno.

warder/druid feels like inferior choices , they offer alot of useful things but nothing as game changing as CoF, or blastshield/flashbang. warcry completely replaced by 1 kymon’s ring/neck augment is just lol, unless u need the physical resist debuff,which u dont, but even that is also replaced by a medal…

the guy running the thread hasn’t logged on for a month or something lol

I have a PS hardcore Druid with similar AOE clearing speed but you can’t face tank as long but most things are dead before they reach you and mirror/freeze gives you plenty of time for reposition. Arcane Bomb on vines, Rhowan’s crown, empowered eternal band, viper for resist reduction and the screen just melts.

Right now Falcon Swoop is brokenly good in just about any build though

This. What’s next, Fabius 5 seconds?

Solo the Clones of Bourbon in 5 mins or something? :smiley:
I get destroyed once there are 7 or 8 of them. Each of the melee one seems to be about as strong as Fabius.

I’m guessing Necrosis is one thing too many to click? Feels like such a shame that the massive aether damage on the rifle is essentially wasted…

yes, one thing too many… but also EOTS is just really good, IAS, light dmg, spirit, lightning aura. esp if u get +1 torrent.

arcane bomb/blackstar of deceit both reduce aether resist, and the % aether dmg is only 200% lower than lightnign when the gun is equiped so its not actually wasted. and from what i hear very few mobs in ultimate actually has base aether resist.

Really cool build, jajaja. Well done. The piercing rifles have piqued my interest. I was unaware of their existence. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if this piercing effect works with Amarasta’s Blade Burst? I very much doubt it’d be as effective as Primal Strike, but it might be fun.

I recently discovered how good Occultist is as a secondary, having previously overlooked it. Curse of Frailty and Blood of Dreeg are amazing, and one point in Bloody Pox can be useful.

#fml
I just sold a Vortex of Souls to the vendor yesterday. I didn’t find a use.

well…

Another crazy build from jajaja’s mad scientist laboratory. I just got my dual wielding Pyromancer gunslinger leveled and geared up, so I guess it’s time to get back and level a Conjurer. Sigh. Thankfully this time around I seem to have most of the gear stashed up. Great job, really enjoying your builds.

so the piercing effect is only applied to ‘Default attack replacement’ skills?

This scares me. I guess just enjoy it while we can? lol.

As far as AoE clear goes then…wouldn’t this be BiS weapon for Firestrike as well? You can just weapon swap for single target if you need to as you do in this build. But firestrike + pass through = multiple brimstone as well.

on FS it might be, i’m about to test an update for the pyro guide.

as far as nerfs, i honestly dont think this is op. the ulto’s axe hits harder per hit and still clears aoe pretty well, the gun is just cooler and a bit better. i dont really think its out of line compared to the axe. i mean both weapons have their place in this build and isn’t situational swapping encouraged when they made it work with both weapons?

and plus, a certain blademaster is killing shar’zul in 9 seconds so…

You do realize that people have been playing this for months already?

Just because no one bothered to write a guide about it doesn’t mean people aren’t playing it.

Then again popular guides do tend to bring attention to stuff previously running a low profile.

Oh it does proc multiple Brimstone, but only the first target procs Arcane Bomb.

The part that scares me is that in game the weapon doesn’t list the chance to pass through enemies. How would a normal person have found out that this gun has this mechanic, through pure chance?

Edit: I agree that it’s not broken or anything. Plenty of skills that clears whole rooms, some even better than this I think.