[v1.0.0.4] Support meta, 2 mins Ultimate Mogdrogen

This thread has the purpose to enlight how strong a support can be in Grimdawn showcase by a duo kill of Ultimate Mogdrogen in 2 minutes
done by a support sorcerer / blademaster combo.

– Keep in mind this build was designed to support a blademaster –

The focus of this build is to maximize buffs/debuffs & survivability for your team.
Bringing massive amount of survavibity against any kind opponents with flashbang & Flash freeze, Dps wise i’am pretty confident that
the synergy give probably more than 100% dps upgrade for a blademaster with an average ~20sec clear time on dummy.

[v1.0.0.4]Video: 2 mins Ultimate Mogdrogen kill
https://youtu.be/vhwL57KoUIc

With +skills & devotions
http://grimcalc.com/build/eUuVd0W

Basic knowledge for Mogdrogen encounter:
All statistic listed bellow are absolutly mandatory
*88-91% max ligthning resist
*at least 130 overcap lightning resist
*75-80% stun resist

The gift:
Since the self dps of this character is non existent, we have to give a lot !

Buffs:
28% crit damage (Elemental balance lvl 15)
30% crit damage & 8% totalspeed (Hungering Void - devotion)
44 elemental flat (Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange lvl 15)
47 fire flat (Flame touched lvl 20)
211 OA flat (Flame touched lvl 20)
46-57 physical flat (Temper lvl 20)
164% Pierce & physical (Temper lvl 20)
135 armor flat (Temper lvl 20)
7 piercing flat & 30% percing (vicous spike - component)
Healing rain - devotion

Debuffs:
-330 DA (Flashbang lvl 20)
-240 OA (Blackwater cocktail lvl 20)
31 reduce resistance flat (Agonizing flames lvl 18)
30% reduce resistance (Eternal band - item)

Update :
We did some tests & research to find out the real dps increase provided by a support:

dummy solo: 10 830 000 HP in 40sec average = 270 750 dps (standard setup)
dummy duo: 14 079 000 HP in 52sec average = 270 750 dps (standard setup with afk support)
dummy duo: 14 079 000 HP in 20sec average = 703 950 dps (modified setup with playing support)

my first guess of an “over 100% dps” is now justified by math, the synergy provide an impressive 160% dps upgrade

Modified setup: swap Black Star of Deceit for a SS Badge of mastery (26/16 SS), the 8% totalspeed from hungering void
allow to get skills points back from Pneumatic burst/Squad tatics for a 22/12 Nidalla’s justifiable Ends.

gearing:
We have a lot of possibility here since we dont have to focus on damage, i choose to stick on clairvoyant full set for
the cooldown reduction which optimize the flashbang & Flash freeze spam and the +2 all skills.
All augments are +15% resist lightning / Mogdrogen’s Sanctity to reach the amount of resist required to fight Mogdrogen

Weapon: Clairvoyant’s Wand (vicious spike component)
Offhand: Aldanar’s Vanity (Silverbolt component)

Head: Clairvoyant’s Hat
Shoulders: Clairvoyant’s Mantle
Chest: Clairvoyant’s Robe
hand: Wyrmbone Handguards
Leg: Legwraps of the tranquil mind
Belt: Ulzuin’s Torment
Boots: crafted Survivalist’s Exalted Sabatons of Featherstep

Ring 1: Albrecht’s Duality
Ring 2: Empowered Eternal band (for the 30% reduce resistance)
Neck: Heart of Ulzuin, or Ultos Gem (for max lightning resist against Mogdrogen)
Medal: Mark of Divinity (for max lightning resist against Mogdrogen)
Relic: Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm, or Annihilation

In closing:
Without surprise support character can also shine in this game, maybe even more in futur patch with Survival mode.
In the end this was a really quick theorycrafting session (about ~2hours), the purpose at first was just to kill Mogdrogen in Ultimate
and then we realise that this support is viable in near all endgame content of the game.
I feel a bit in uncharted territory with those kind of build and there is a lot of theorycraft to do in that domain (Occultist support?)
Hoping the community will bring this meta to the next level :>

very cool ultimate mogdrogen kill.
even though it takes two people it doens’t rely on any gimmicky mechanic and will likely not be nerfed.

how are you holding aggro on him?

A high number of hits has the stronger effect on aggro generation than virtually anything else (even taunts). Between all the BWC ticks and procs, it pretty much guarantees you will hold aggro.

interesting, even more so than DW and shotgunning of 20 projectiles on blades of wrath? or maybe blades of wraths is only drawing aggro to the bladespirit entity

Frequency also plays a big role. Even if all of the projectiles landed, it wouldn’t occur rapidly enough to pull aggro off of something like several BWCs with numerous procs going off. You’d likely have to be the one that initially had aggro and built it up a fair bit to keep it off of a BWC user.

Attacks from blade spirit generate aggro both on the blade spirit entity and the player character. More so for the player though.

First of all, jajaja-sama its an honor to have you here and i have to thanks you for all the amazing build you have done.

Back to the subject,as Nine already enlight it, the aggro is build by BWC, we discovered it by accident actually.
For the short story we did only 3 try on Mogdrogen. (all succesful)
The first clear i was playing manticore without BWC, my BM was tanking (the clear time was about 5 mins)
then i wanted to get hungering void to get even more buff so i had to sacrifice the tree or manticore, finaly i keep the tree and get back the flat resist reduce with BWC, and then surprise i get the aggro xD (clear time was about 3 mins this time)
At this point my friend didnt need anymore 91% resist lightning so he go for full dps gear setup, this is the run we can watch on the video.

The actual added numbers are much lower than listed. Those are the numbers using your elemental/fire/physical/pierce bonuses. For example Flame Touched and Temper give 47 fire and 46-57 physical damage respectively.

Indeed on Grimcalc the spell are displayed without any bonus from gear or other source.
You are pointing something very interesting here, i dont know exactly how the mechanics are working here:
Situation A: your team mate get only the raw flat damage stats of buff
Situation B: your team mate as exactly the same buff as you, which mean we can pick some piece of gear only for buffing even more.

Your teammate will only benefit from the raw values.

Thank you Nine for the precision :slight_smile:
so this mean the flat damage can be even stronger on a team mate if he has more %multiplier than you.

Yes, although you can also get into a weird situation where elemental exchange actually weakens a physical or pierce character because of the conversion.

The conversion of Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange only work for yourself.

It’s been a couple years since I last did a multiplayer support healer/debuff build. Time for me to make a new one in regards to this refreshing build that brought back my support char memories in 4man sot hardcore runs :slight_smile: good job. Going to make a new support char now using shaman and occultist.

This looks cool and I have most of the gear to make this. I might respect my Sorcerer into this.

i did some research and find out that grimcalc raw value of spells was outdated.
IEE didnt receive any buff meanwhile Flame touched & Temper was massively so

44 elemental flat (Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange lvl 15)
124 fire flat (Flame touched lvl 20)
197-244 physical flat (Temper lvl 20)

main post is uptaded with the raw value of 1.0.0.4

Thx to Silben & Nine guided me into the right direction

u sure about flametouched? i geared for 20/12 flametouched on my sabo, which shows 832 flat fire dmg at 1700% or so fire dmg. This correlates correctly to the 47 base flat dmg showing in grim calc at lvl 20/12

planning to try a ult avatar kill with another sorc support using my wh or something^^
never really try him before, so always cool to see builds that kill him ~

Yes i’am sure of this raw value data.
spirit&cunning also augment the the flat dmg display by spells.
i have on my support character 961% fire and 434.8% magical dmg from spirit for a result of 633 flat fire
from Flame touched so its seems the formula calculation is quited complexe here

so u have roughly 1400% total fire dmg increase. adding this to base of 100%. this would amplify the base dmg by 15x

post buff 633 flat fire divided by 15x would result in about ~40ish base flat fire at lvl 20 no?

this is for sure the most easiest and logical way to think how the game calculate damage

damn you i have to search the damage formula now :frowning:

Ok so i have to apologize for spreading false information.
jajaja is right, raw value on grimcalc are absolutely right.
i figured out what i did wrong in my testing just forgot the %fire in the spell itself. ><