[v1.0.0.9] Cold Blademaster, Icy Terminator the Slightly Crucible God

Get out of my head.

…or at least shuffle off into the corner, along with my denial.

HI
I am new… And I do not understand

How you get 1 chaos Devotion point to get the viper

Viper gives 2 chaos so it sustains itself. Simply invest in a devotion like jackal, then get viper, then buy jackal and chaos crossroads back

oh, ok
thank you for the quick reply…

Any leveling advice for this build? Specifically skill points (priorities). I’ve started in Nightblade and made sure to get ABB > LA, Pneumatic Burst, VoS, RoS and working my way to blade spirit putting in some one-pointers on the way. It’s been a liiiitle tough in the leveling process but I’m only lvl 20 or so.

I went with maxed Lethal Assault, Night’s Chill and Elemental Awakening. Around 5 points in ABB. Left Nightblade at 32 points and maxed Soldier, maxing Field Command on the Way and then Menhir’s Bulwark.

Invested one point in quite many skills like Decorated Soldier, Phantasmal Armor etc.

This way you get some flat frostburn damage and offensive ability. It is very important to keep your OA up, I can settle with 10% chance to crit trash when leveling up.

Put a Coldstone on your weapon as soon as possible, shop farm Chilled Steels. Assigning Elemental Storm to ABB worked great for me. The only stat I cared for in a shield was physical resistance. Get 15%+.

Cleared veteran and elite without sweat and no deaths. The damage is not stellar but very solid, my items are crap so far. Survivability is great.

I already maxed nightblade mastery so I’m too late there but I’ll keep all that in mind as I level more. Thanks!

Nightfall does the most frostburn damage of the skills. It is ok to get that. Offence is a good defence :wink: My way was more defensive-minded.

thank you for this build, even though I get killed alot in Gladiator but I am still having fun with this build. here goes my thought if you guys think about trying build.

at level 1, go to Crucible as Aspirant difficulty. grind with only 10 wave. With tribute you earned, spend as Devotion points. Do that until you get 25 points. you can try more. but 25 is enough. In my case, it took 5-6 hours. but worth it though. but you can ignore it if you don’t have Crucible or feel annoyed.

lv 1-14. anything. but as soon as you reach lv 7, get Fire Blaster from Searing Ember.

lv 15, get Flintcore Bolts to access Greater FireBlaster. I personally use that until lv 50.

lv 20, get explorer set. lv 26, get Marauder set (two guns and belt should do enough). with those set, you can spam Greater Fireblaster until when you are comfortable to try this build. Personally, I did that until lv 50. Some may wonder why? because with not enough skill points and devotion points at the beginning, you will suffer a lot.
Let Greater Fireblaster do dirty job to lv up. During that time, you allocate devotions into fire based one such as Magi and Ulzuin’s Torch.

lv 50, There are many options to use. Cresent Moon (even though it is axe but until u get Olexra’s Chill, it is very good weapon), Golemborn boots, Pretorian armor set (with 2 set, you can use Devil’s Cage Hauberk), any pants will do (cannot remember the name, but there were blue ones).

lv 58. If you don’t have any BoM with shadow strike, use BoM with any option, because it reduces some requirement for melee weapon’s requirement. Equip Death whisperer’s pants if you have. you can use Blade Breaker Sash until you can use Spellbreaker Waistguard.

lv 60 for Nemesis relic.

lv 65 (Panting) Equip Icekorn and the Peerless Eye of Beronath.

lv 68. Clairvoyant Hat.

lv 75 (Finally) Equip everything just like the build. Time to chew bubble gum and kick some ass.

in my case, this is my character http://steamcommunity.com/id/Marjane/screenshot/820063037360637829

For pants, I used Stonehide Solael Pants with Kings and Ancient Zantarin shoulder with the Dranghoul.

thus I don’t have much problem with bleeding resistance, but some resistance is lacking though.

Thanks for awesome build. I salute you

there is korean Grim Dawn Community inside Naver (Korean portal website).

i need to ask ur permission if I translate your build and post it with my thoughts.

your regard.

I would be glad you translate it for the korean community, adapt/rework it to your liking. ;>

thanks! i will let you know when i done with translation!

http://cafe.naver.com/immortalthrone/33303

even though I was lazy link (or i dunno how to link these letters to Grimtool) but I think i did solid (not best though, I am still weak at korean) translation.

I gonna post my experience with ur build later though.

What is DW, SS Spellbreaker and S&B?

I sucks for abbreviation

haha you even edited & translated the intro pic. :smiley:

DW = Dualwield
SS = Shadow Strike
S&B = Sword & board (mostly used to refer to shield build character)

haha yeah. I am not sure I well translated your pic though. I hope koreans found it funny. thx for reply. I am too tired to work on that post further. I will do more later.

Glad you enjoy the build, having a quick look a your pic, you should consider using Elite harvest footpad, with those extra resist you can easily cap everything. For a melee char this is especially important aswell to have some decent overcap for specific hard encounter. (example: Valdaran, i advice to get something like 40-50% lightning overcap to do it safely)

Crucible succesrate is also subjective to the player performance: accumulated experience / decision making / perception level, are all important factors if you gonna succeed or not, i have only few deaths with this build and succesrate is prolly higher than 90% but i’am very experienced with Gladiator farming (800+ runs if we combine 100-150 & 130-150) so i guess succesrate can be lower when you are still in learning curve.

PS: thx for your time to post your leveling experience. :slight_smile:

Elite Harvest Footpad… that sounds like good choice to me. thx for another suggestion. Yeah. I am still a newbie who’s just started this Crucible recently. Even though I spent 1k hours, but mostly in Main Campaign or joining the party for Crucible. You can include my level up experience in your guide if people miss it.

Hey Drizzto, thanks for sharing your build. Could you briefly tell me how you would you go about leveling this character please? What skills to rush first etc.

Also, all points into physique?

If you look his build guide carefully, he mentioned 21 points into spirit and rest of them goes to physique. I tried his build and you need min. 21 spirit to equip certain gear.

As I commented previously, check my level up experience comment. Use Greater Fire Blaster until lv 50. after that, you will have enough points to use SS, ABB and Pneumatic Burst which they are essential to survive. also allocate some soldier passive skills too

I’ve been leveling with a 2 hander in Veteran…should I switch to S+B? or should I wait for Elite before I do that?