[v1.0.3.0] Blades of Vitality revisited - Badass knife spamming Witch Hunter

none that I know of actually. sadly what you are looking for might be a good roll celerity plus demonic gloves or something.

i tested it out myself. replacing mythical aetherreach with valgur’s touch and riftwarped grasp… I lost 2-3k dps per blade if I do and mythical aetherrach is still the best, or any cast gloves for that matter. All gloves have restless remains on them. Losing defenses? you dont lose that much apart from perhaps few hp and or the different resistances these gloves offer which can easily be solved by min maxing. OA ? well you should be okay with 3k Oa at least.

let me know if I am missing something here.

Ok i have a legitimate question, I am not trying to poke you or anything.

Valgur’s Touch / Riftwarped Grasp = ~175% cast speed, more OA, more HP, more armor, more main base damage.
Aethereach / any caster gloves with cast speed = ~25% more cast speed, LESS all the above.

How exactly and in what manner is cast speed gloves better?
I ask this because if the difference in cast speed was like 40% or more i would kinda understand. But now its ~20%, why do you insist that even crap gloves with cast speed are better than everything that doesnt have cast speed?

Please in your reply take into consideration the cast speed difference, its tops 20%.

thanks for the question mate.

first I apologize since I gave the wrong message . not any gloves will be better than say valgur and riftwarped. reason i just prefer aethereach obviously is the cs it offers and energy regen which this build greatly needs.

by the way last time I checked aethereach and these other gloves have similar base armor:p

well there is a reason also why JoV in the original build thread recommended cast speed gloves… more dps…
what is suggested here is that a cs gloves will help u attain more dps, a 20% cs difference makes a significant difference( 2k dps loss when using non cs gloves= 16k dps at least to me). it makes much sense now since we are dealing more projectiles than ever. the faster we cast the faster we kill, apply our RR’s etc. it seems that %damage does help but when we reach like 1500+%damage it provides less impact.

anyway feel free to use the gloves you desire. do u want more OA? hp? then other gloves are more suited

edit- more cast speed= more survivability due life leeech frequency

Aethereach also helps in energy management and has tons of useful resistances.
Casting speed affects on dps more then a few % damage. If you already have +2000%, that +100% looks like a joke.

I do agree with both of you, but gloves he is using are not just % dmg, they also convert chaos to vitality. To have a better picture it would be required to check PB dmg breakdown and to see how much more flat vitality is gained by converting 25% or so chaos to vitality, maybe it offset c speed lost and again maybe not.
Ofc, best would be to try capping cast speed w/o changing gloves tho that’s pretty hard.

Looks very nice!
is this build gear depended or it can be played with self found gear?
Thanks

I tested this convert and result was not better.

beat me to it… I can confirm this as well… :wink:

what we really need right now… is put some cs on that vitality gloves and it will be heaven!

Well there are some things that are important but you don’t need the set to make it work. Working my way through Malmouth now and my guy dinged 100 last night.

Will try Aetherreach asap…on paper it seems a bit better actually :wink: It’s just and odd feeling wearing those haha

I met him 2-3 times…actually he is not much of a problem :slight_smile:

Aetherreach may be BiS for any caster build.

Okay guys…now that I tested it against dummies and real world enemies and Fabius I have to say…it really doesn’t matter.

Mythical Riftwarped Grasp and Mythical Aetherreach come really, really close to each other. I assume the performance differences (which come down to 1-2 seconds on the dummy kill time) are neglectable. I would suggest picking the one that fits your gear rolls better. Maybe we should all just chill out a little and be grateful that we have the options to pick between 4-6 gloves depending on what we need! :p*

*added this information to the original post

Also updated the video now that I got a better rolled offhand…and because no one seemed to find it funny when Fabius ran away :frowning:

Video: Quick Fabius Kill

just wondering can i level using pblades at start?

I was using 2H weapon with ABB and ring of steel which is sufficient enough until level 25+, from there I made respec and started to use blades. If you have a problem with mana sustain, do not be afraid to use ectoplasm component in all possible gear slots. As you level up, you can slowly change ectoplasm for something else. In all cases do not max blades, it is not needed, rather farm good weapon + offhand (e.g. death effigy MI from grobles which really helps increase your blades damage). Have fun :slight_smile:

Should I focus on leveling the occultist or nightblades skills first?

Your primary damage skill is Phantasmal Blades. If you intend to use them, you need points in Nightblade. Due to the cost, I think I started with about 8 PB (enough to get the 4th blade), then I maxed out Heart Seeker and Nether Edge before going back to Phantasmal blades.

After that, I worked on Pnuematic Burst and Curse of Frailty. Next I went to Blood of Dreeg, and Bloody Pox (just a point for devotion procs). The last thing was Possession, then filled out the abilities a bit more.

There were a few lesser skills that I picked up along the way, like Blade Barrier, Ring of Steel, and Anatomy of murder.

Or you just can use Bloody Pox for fast leveling.

I would take transmuted DEE over pox any time :wink:

BP looks more fun for me :smiley: