V1.1.4.0 Preview

I simply would argue, like many of this “Suggestion” (like Dedicated Servers and such), that such drastic Changes doesn’t make sense fo the Game anymore anyway. Well, except crate surprise us with another big Expansion(which i don’t believe), they are pretty done with GD after the huge Questline and Roguelike Dungeons. Well we might still see some patches, but nothing which would justify such an huge rework(and it’s not as simple as it sounds of cutting an whole difficulty).

So this whole Argument about “one difficulty only” would be something which would fit better an possible Grim Dawn 2.

And the Path of Exile Argument is still wonky, because PoE is an free2play Game with an Cash-Shop, which means they need to stay alive due they get constant money out of it. In this cas such huge reworks makes sense. Grim Dawn however is an classic paid-on-time Model (plus paying extra for extra expansions) so yeah.

2 Likes

Is this thread gonna get closed? I can see the shadows of the vultures

If Zantai locks it, it will likely be after the patch release once it’s purpose is no longer needed. I’m not interested in it being locked anyway.

Nah, he’s not gonna lock it, but he is going to give a strong hint to get things back on topic…

hint hint

3 Likes

Hopefully not. I’m not really the type to go into a flamewar over a video game concept :slight_smile: I’m fine with people thinking differently. After all, forums are to share views, not to be a mutual adoration society.

Not to mention, GD is the most “laid back” society I’ve seen anyway (in ARPG scene). I recall Path of Exile forums to be a total crackshow, people flaming each other regularly, for instance. Maybe it got toned town after a while, I didn’t check in months.

Back on topic - do you guys recall how, before making a build in Diablo 2, we used to load up an editor to check its viability? :wink: those were the dark ages where, if you accidently clicked a wrong skill or attribute, you couldn’t change it. Ouch.

Zantai, since you’re here - may I ask what do you think about autolevelup? I get that you’re probably not going to include it even as a high tier SR reward (idk, 60+ maybe) but would it be good or bad for the gameplay in your opinion?

Just release the patch and drop the notes on the forum, that’ll shut everyone up. :rofl:

3 Likes

Well. That’s a beautiful pipe dream.

2 Likes

To increase levelling speed you could probably just make the mod yourself if one doesn’t exist already. Levelling in this game is already fast relative to other arpg. I highly doubt Crate would add something like this.

1 Like

yeah, it’s pretty doubtful they ever will. I would be quite happy if they did, though.

Personally, since auto-complete is here, I’m only missing “sell all yellows/greens/blues” etc. To be very happy with the interface.

Auto-sell would be something I can agree with. I’d go further though because the game is already unrealistic with monsters carrying so much loot… forcing players to pick up unwanted loot in the first place is burden for no reason.

I would prefer iron to come directly from as iron bits drops from hero, boss and chests. ~5-7k iron per hero and gear drops worth much less.

yes ! thats true

People lvl to 94 in 5-7 hours now. Fastest I saw was like ~4h 30min in HC.

Edit: as someone who is lvling a new char every 1-2 weeks, the mats that you need to farm for endgame components are way more limiting than the actual time you spend lvling a new toon.

1 Like

To be honest it’s probably your 2000+ hours in the game that have left you burned out or close to it.
Maybe you should take a break if you haven’t yet or try something else in the game such as starting with an empty stash again or switching to HC for example.

For many people the leveling part is the main portion of the game and being able to completely skip it would be odd. Remember that not everyone has played through the game that many times and knows it inside out; it’s no surprise that you might find it boring after doing it so many times, but most people haven’t.

Same. I actually find leveling and making new chars fun and I’ve probably built over 60 characters from 1 to max level by now but the tedious part is having to farm the blooms, getting the Black Tallow, Chthon seals, and materials for Rotten Heart, etc. since you tend not to get as many of them as you need through normal gameplay.

I hope some of the materials for the worst outliers such as Tainted Heart, Living Armor, and Seal of Annihiliation can be looked at sometime so they don’t keep being major roadblocks in a character’s progression.

Nice. I still never tried to speedrun to 1-94 with lokarr, xp pots and merit. Are there any videos of this on youtube or anything?

ahh, don’t even get me started on farming Ugdenblooms haha. But at least you can trade those.

I wish Tainted Heart and alike wouldn’t use 16 Ugdenblooms to complete. 4 would be perfectly fine.

As for Hardcore, I actually finished it yesterday (finished ultimate FG with all achievements). It was pretty exciting when it comes to FG content (some of the harder bosses), nice adrenalin rush during Shattered Realm 20-25 too, but normal-elite and a large portion of ultimate was still a snoozefest, even self found with empty stash. Sadly. :slight_smile:

you can speed lvl with the right method to lvl 100 in 2 hours

Nice.
The base game content is getting a significant difficulty boost in the next patch as the OP mentions.
I think even vets of the game will agree that starting Veteran naked will be quite challenging in the new patch. Not unfairly hard but you actually have to put in some effort to stay alive now.

Maybe that’ll rekindle some of your interest in the leveling portion of the game.

1 Like

yes, I approve the diff increase very much. However, I’m wondering if it will be done right. Just tweaking the damage numbers won’t do - the attacks should be made less telegraphed, harder to dodge, and such.

For instance, when you’re fighting cronley, what’s there to scare you? his slow projectiles? or his slow run speed and poor melee attempts? :wink: he’d have to behave differently to be dangerous. Same with other vanilla bosses. That sadly includes fast moving projectiles, getting stunned, charge attacks, burning floor, etc. That’s what makes it hard.

The kind of boss that can get hard with just number increase is i.e. Lucius.

If Cronley had OFF from arcanist with some points into absolute zero along with higher value melee hits he could be more dangerous.

This and this is an example of me lvling my aether EoR (didn’t lvl with EoR tho) oppressor in 6:37. I don’t have all of my lvling VoDs anymore as I don’t save all of them and they expire after some time. I personally did only do maybe one sub 6h run and I average around 7h probably. But there are certainly faster lvlers than me out there.
As you probably don’t like to watch the whole thing, maybe this video, in which I try to explain my lvling strategy, is more interesting for you.

Edit: Sorry for completely off topic self-advertisement, pls no ban! :sweat: