V1.1.4.1 Item Tuning

ABB get it from Lethal assault, item modifiers etc.
So we have conversions on buffs like that (new fire to cold pneuma, or older elemental to acid blood of dreeg)

I have a nice double rare of this one that I wanted to make an ABB build around @DenisMashutikov

I want a nice double rare of this one to make an ABB build :smile:

There’s a lot of talk of giving OA or DA to Rah’zin, but how about some flat Energy Regen? A lot of Rah’zin specs I come up with - not even just the Witchblades I tote around, this also applies to a recent Rah’zin Pyromancer - are winding up with extremely poor Energy Regeneration stats, usually in the single-digits.

It feels quite un-fun to work with and play with as a result. Rah’zin Witch Hunters don’t really suffer too much from this, though, as they aren’t as high-energy-use as other mastery combos.

Edit: 4-6 regen on the chest or belt (or split between both) would be a good spot imo. I think the amulet/shoulders/set bonuses are loaded enough as it is.

1 Like

I really like the item Eldritch Gaze. But i have a problem to build a chaos witchblade with this item. At first i tried to concentrate on spamming blade arc. But no other item is boosting both chaos and blade arc.

Then i tried a build with rah’zin and the set skill and built in a few blade arc strikes with the transmuter. But in my opinion the skill investments weren’t worth it, because i could just do another strike with the set bonus.

I came to the conclusion that a temporarily bonus would be the best solution, so it is suitable to sprinkle some blade arc swings in.

Idelally i would want a -10 % chaos rr. But Bonusses to OA/DA could work just fine

Coven’s Bloodied Ash: I don’t know how many people use the health regeneration bonus from this, but I’d love a pierce + bleed augment. The armor augments for bleeding resistance could use some variety, as only bleed and bleed + vitality are currently available.

(Yes, you can get a lot from components, but not always enough.)

Trozan's Skybreach

Offensively, TSS Skybreach is now a powerhouse. Warlock especially has great gameplay, it’s the kind of resilient glass cannon that doesn’t crack until it shatters. Like the sky shards themselves, I guess. :P

Two notes, quoting from elsewhere:

• The Slow modifier on TSS doesn’t stack with native Slow from Frozen Core (as far as I know). Slow is also applied by wind devils. I’d just remove it, seeing as Skybreach TSS is already the strongest TSS by a significant margin; no additional modifier needed. If you want to add something… movement speed, which Druid is short on.
  • There’s no bleed resistance anywhere in Skybreach and supporting items. Starfury Emerald is excellent now (it was good already), but it “only” has thematic resistances. Would some bleed resistance fit, say 15%? It would be in line with things like Aetherbolt Pendant and Stormseer Sapphire, not to mention e.g. Iskandra’s or Invoker’s. I think the 22 DA can go if it comes to it. Alternatively, it could be added to the 2-piece bonus for Eastern set, perhaps?

In terms of balance, I think these two setups (reference thread) are the best attainable, or nearly so:

(They’re not Crucible farmers unless you cheat, they die too easily to win the tribute game.)

Other, sturdier setups aren’t quite as powerful: Cataclysm Skybreach Warlock (reference thread), 6:40 Crucible (don’t know whether it’s an average run or a fast/slow one.)

If nerfing, I’d start by considering some of the following changes before looking for something heavier-handed:

• Decrease % OA from 2-piece Eastern to 4-5%. It’s more reasonable now that Arcanist has native OA, and besides… 7% from a 2-piece epic? (Confident about this one.)
  • Skybreach: reduce DA shred from Fallen Comet to 120 or so. Again, native OA. (Fairly confident.)
  • Starfury Emerald: the extra cold is not strictly needed. It mostly serves to equalize cold/lightning a bit in the flat damage component of TSS. (Fairly confident.)
  • Skybreach: the radius bonus is not strictly needed. It was added to base TSS as of 1.1.3. (Hesitant about this one as it would impact Allagast as well.)
  • Skybreach: slightly decrease Sigil damage. (Hesitant. I don’t know how it would impact Conjurers.)

TSS damage is very crit-dependant, so decreasing OA shouldn’t be that feeble a nerf. Whatever else, don’t touch the CDR of Skybreach and Rolderathis, which is not just about raw power: it’s what makes Skybreach gameplay.

I don’t know how Skybreach conjurers fare, so please keep that in mind.

Zantai, pet builds are overperforming. NERF them hard. Builds where you do nothing other than running shouldn’t even be possible

You’ll be forever known as animal hater :scream_cat: Why stop at pets, why not remove whole retaliation. What kind of style is waiting for mobs to hurt themselves?

Why you don’t propose nerfs to overpowered items instead removing styles from the game?

Totally the correct place of having this discussion… not

Yes, I almost forgot, thanks for reminding. Full retaliation builds must not be possible, too)))

They are not since retaliation damage only activates from melee attacks.

1 Like

Very productive and constructive…

2 Likes

I mean, this is a game. In a game there must be action where you push buttons to do things. In case of this game, it’s many stuff, including attacking, finding optimal strategy for a given situation. Passive builds remove one element of the game. I don’t understand how you can even enjoy the game with passive builds. It’s basically cheating or being overpowered. Not even gods in this game have this power

Bloodied crystals are kinda fine now imo, but I do like the idea of reducing %armor by 1-2% and increasing bleed res to 15%.

I bet you don’t play cRPG’s then or strategy games…

Pet and retaliation builds have still elements of action. Debuffing, positioning etc

@medea_fleecestealer perhaps you could remove this discussion to a new thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you wanna hard smash buttons 24/7 you should play a fighting / beat’em up game instead.

The implication here that pet builds and retal builds do actually nothing. Pet builds have to manage pets like looking after their health, using buffs at the right time, looking where the pets are currently. You don’t win with pets by literally doing nothing.

The same for retal builds. You have to manage buffs, your position at all times, and there’s also the fact retal doesn’t work on ranged builds. They do have retal to attack to deal with those enemy types, but at that point you are the one manually attacking them, so it becomes an active role.

Will the release of the 5th dungeon have any impact on The Vanquisher set?

That aside, would be great if Inquisitor or Demolitionist was supported by this set. These two masteries don’t get as much benefit from targeted farming as the others.

Edit: Whoops… actually meant to put this in Rigg’s Request. Oh well

About DawnBreaker set…
I believe this set lacks some stats, concidering it’s an original set (from base game) it feels like it didn’t age well.

The main aspect from this set is the 21% retal dmg to savagery (while it’s nothing amazing here, it’s the biggest bonus this whole set gives), but the rest is really lack-luster.

The whole set is about lightning retaliation and lightning damage, yet it only adds 87% (average) to lightning damage. That’s…quite little and when building around that lightning, you reall see the lack of damage. Even the overall retaliation bonus (average 410%) isn’t quite astonashing.
The resists aren’t amazing aswell.

IMO, at least giving this set % lightning damage to all parts (mace/shield and amulet) would greatly aid it’s lack of damage.
Also, concidering physical resistance as an important resist to stack, getting something like 10-15% from overall set wouldn’t hurt (it gives 0 and many shields give upto 10 to 15% alone).

Quite frankly, seeing some physical retal Warlords stacking 3k%+ to all retal damage with 400k+ total retal damage, I don’t think helping a bit this set will hurt and make DawnBreaker unbalanced at all, but only bring it slightly on-part with the rest of the retaliation builds.

2 Likes

Disagree with nerfs, is better to change the conversion on the invokers amulet to 50 aether to fire and 50 aether to lighting. My MageHunter in previus patch to be cruciable by ~7 min, now most likely slower.

1 Like