V1.1.4.1 Item Tuning

I like the sound of that.

1 Like

I think this is a better way to go on this. +1

2 Likes

I like all of these suggestions!

Also this is a bit of a shot in the dark… but

I know hellhounds are bit under whelming from what I’ve read and even with lost souls set they are just passable (from what I’ve read I could be wrong here and some one more knowledge on pets please correct me if I am) soooooooooo

Could we either change the hound conduit a bit to make it summon 3 of them and convert fire and physical to chaos… but with a total damage penalty applied? Or perhaps make a new item with a Cerberus themed name (3 headed hound). Although the conduit mod should be strong as giving up the amulet slot on any pet build means a lot. And maybe a sweet new color swap for them? :wink:

You don’t need to hide it. When you guys suggested elemental RR to night’s chill you were thinking of DW Fire FS sabo and DW lightning savagery trickster. Guess what? That’s not gonna happen. Fire melee and lightning melee have shit for item support. The first builds to benefit will be casters. Then people complain again because WE WANT DW MELEE THAT’S NIGHTBLADE IDENTITY so Zantai buffs fire and lightning melee after too much pressure. Then infiltrator becomes better than the two mentioned classes. Look at current deathmark if you wanna see what I mean. After that people then rant about sabo being shit again. All that while nightblade is becoming the universal ele RR provider for basically every other class and inq apart from infiltrator is on the dumpster.

Oh God thanks.

2 Likes

Thank God. Frankly I think some of the homogenization of goodness for Inquisitor and Oathkeeper was a mistake since it ended up making them appear on so many great builds. But its been tuned a lot better since then.

Class narrowness makes some class combos worse than others, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Yes the sacrifice is “things being able to fit together for top tier performance” but you gain more sense of identity for each class. Universality for class combo performance and homogeneity are not far apart in most cases.

I’ve thought long and hard about the desires of the power pushers and the health of not just the appearance of diversity in the game but actual healthy diversity and design.

6 minutes to 9 minutes in crucible is the end result to me.

6 minutes = squishy build that dies a lot in crucible run attempts and basically can’t exist well outside of crucible.

6:30 minute = top tier glass cannon builds that can exist in campaign but explode in SR.

7:00-8:00 minute = typical healthy average build range with ideally some transitional ability to do SR decently, like SR 40-50ish without worrying about death if piloting properly.

8 minute + should be very tanky safe builds, the slower the tankier.

To me this is the ideal state to strive for in Grim Dawn which will satisfy players who enjoy different play styles and make sure the different playstyles feel like they have fair pro’s and con’s and identity. This will be VERY hard to accomplish but it’s a good pursuit. And by BINDING build performance to these limitations, YES some builds WILL fall through the cracks and stop working as things are adjusted, but the overall state of the game’s builds that do work will be more fair feeling and healthy.

Less of, “Why does that tanky safe build also get great clear times?!”

1 Like

I didn’t like the RR to VoS suggestion either, and TBH I think Thermite Mines should’ve stayed as Fire + Lightning RR because limiting the types gives the skills more identity.
Sure Censure gives -Ele % res, but it’s an exclusive skill and even then it could probably still be reduced by a few % IMO.

Giving everything so many types of RR will just keep people asking for more (“Well VoS and Mines got it, so why can’t X skill? It sucks in comparison now!”) and there would be no end in sight.

That’s not to say I don’t want more class combo options; most suggestions I make are hoping for just that.
But I don’t think giving every RR skill 4+ types is for the better because of homogenization and it’s bound to allow for some absurd combos -> people will make videos of their 5 min Crucible and then the skill gets nerfed.
And in the end it might leave some builds worse off than before that never asked for any of that and didn’t make use of the newly added RR.

If you want RR added to specific skills it’s better to put it on skill modifiers so the values and end purpose can be better controlled.

I agree, RR is my least favorite solution, unless it’s for like a meme build that really can only barely exist through it.

VoS really just needs DA and it’s be fantastic. It’s already great in Crucible on some builds. Arguably it could stay as it is because if you make it too good its 100% pass through will just overshadow other 2handers for ranged abilities. Though I suppose that could be fixed by lowering the damage on it too. Hm.

I don’t know if some of you noticed, but I’m not looking for unnecessary change ideas for masteries.

This is an ITEM tuning discussion.

Besides, if anything is getting RR, it’s gotta be Arcanist, since it’s just trash without it.

3 Likes

Shar’Zul’s Incinerator the Epic Shar’Zul mace. I would love to see casting speed over attack speed to make it similar to, but still not as powerful, as the Legendary World Eater (i.e. suitable mid-tier item for Fire Forcewave). For budget 2H fire damage weapon with attack speed we already have Blazerush.

Make an item that subtracts 30% Cold RR from VoS and adds 30% Ele RR. /s

Because I EXTREMELY HIGHLY AGREE with Autentist’s suggestion and am baffled by the shortsightedness up above.

On a practical note, can Fateweaver Legging’s proc PLEASE stop proccing 100% chance when hit? I think this is a common @adoomgod suggestion too. Really annoying to be lovetapped by an innocuous mob and have a circuitbreaker engage its 40s cd. Edit: Also, it’s got a comparatively pitiful amount of OA on it (relative to other options, such as Really Great Pants (Cunning -> OA), Tranquil Mind, and, of course, Chausses of Barbaros. But OA doesn’t seem very becoming of the item anyway, so maybe swap it over to 40-50ish DA?

If I may, Chaos and Physical RR would be the only ones that will make sense. Adding any kind of elemental RR to current Arcanist will make sooo many super strong builds just broken.

2 Likes

Whaaaaaat?

Back on topic, you! This is an item thread!

1 Like

I think Valdun needs it’s own auto attack replacer for a complete set bonus while also bumping the armor piercing from 30-50% for the partial bonus. If that seems like too much remove the 50% elemental to pierce bonus. You can still get pretty high elemental - pierce conversion now that mythical pack has been restored and your devotion path probably won’t yield a lot of elemental anyway so that leaves flame touched and your inq wps.

Swap flash bang bonus to temper. As for soldier cadence and momentum could be dropped in favor of general passives or maybe even a a flat addition of physical damage to field command. The set feels starved for skill points since mythical pack is almost a given anyway. That leaves the a relic slot and your +1 from the rifle. Fire strike is a heavy investment for a set lacking the possible all skills and cadence on the set makes me think of the belgo set. Yeah you can use it but it doesn’t interact as nicely with a set that is so wps focused.

Who are you and what did you do to the real Zantai?

slightly more on-topic: You need to fix OFF for that.

Actually on-topic: Core of Gargabol could use an identity to go with Shar’zul’s incinerator. fire->vit Conversion and maybe one of (OA|CDR|cast speed|attack speed) to be more specific.

It could also support apostate (+1 inq) and convert elemental->vitality instead of fire->vitality.

I may be wrong but I think you wanted to make Nightclaw and Korba´s Frenzy more attractive for Bleeding builds…well, in my opinion, they are not.

Perhaps I am missing something but if they should be used by Bleeding builds, the amount of flat bleeding has to go up to at least 200+ (like Mythical Butcher of Burrwich).

Does anyone use the 3 pc set “Corruptor of Souls” for pets? I used it in the early days of Aom when I self-found the set for my SkeleCabalist. Are the pet bonuses on par with other pet sets nowadays, or should this also be updated? Would pet cold / aether conversion% be considered to be added to the parts or the set bonus?

OK. Good thread. Let me address some issues:

• Elemental rr to VoS? Why so timid? :100: ALL RR TO EVERY MASTERY!!! :100:

• +1 to inquisitor to Stormreaver. You can’t break what’s already broken! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Reducing flat cdr to Totems to -1s as well as general nerfs to LD set is the answer to the prayers of all the lightning haters.

Now serious:

• RAH ZIN and DUNEFIEND need energy regen pronto. Dunefiend is EoR only in name. Rah’Zin is a universal chaos set and the only thing that gives many chaos builds some resemblence of rr. And now it blocks many slots if you wanna get that rr. Anyway, I would like to see it viable with Tenebris EoR.

• RAH also needs a sprinkle more da. I know you guys don’t want GD to be dumb-easy like D3, and making any build should be a struggle. But this particular set struggles a bit too much.

• SR set could use some pierce res. If to make it the ultimate easy solution for everything. If not then hard nerfs. It outperforms many dedicated sets and item combos for certain concepts.

• Fleshwarped Tome now doesn’t make sense. This nerf feels to me like a penalty for breaking Clairvoyant set. Please revert. Extra damage is reward for dropping 6 whole percents of adcth from Pulsing Shard (or a range of useful stats from Tome of Lies) and tons of oa and %dmg from full Clairvoyant. Now it doesn’t pay.

• Cyclone has 10% phys res on the offhand. This is better than many a shield.

• Add %aether dmg to Spellgaze helmet. Elemental favoritism (nepotism?) must go.

5 Likes

What was the nerf? I could not find anything in the patch notes and not in the Item Database in Grim Tools either